Colnago C64 - Inside and Out

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Berzini: I just can’t really advise you one way or another on your fit. Especially without seeing you. You say you have a good idea of how you want your position on the bike. It seems a little outside the “norm” to me so the Internet is probably the last place you should look for advice. You’ll get enough variant answers even with “normal” requirements. Perhaps a custom builder could better help you, especially if you know what you really want. You mentioned the need for a slack seattube. You do realize that you can get a seatpost with a 30mm offset for the C64 right? But then you’d still be without a horizontal top tube, and that seems to be one of your requirements.
Last edited by Calnago on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

I have worked with George Dyer at Cyfac many years ago, and the process was as intense as it could possibly be given that we were communicating via the internet.

In fact, it was much more thorough than any jive-ass fitting process I've ever gone through in my neck of the woods, and he was all the way in France.

I had two road frames and one TT frame made over the course of the next couple of years. My last road frame fit me well, but this time around I made a couple of small changes that I believe will complete the process.

Top tube from 56cm to 55cm.

Seat tube from 56cm to 54 cm.

Stem angle from -17 to -10. Stuck with a 120 stem. I can always go to a 130 down the line, but I believe this will be good.

Seat tube angle went from 72.7 to 72.4. Very minor adjustments but in total I think the frame will be excellent. The contact points I can reproduce from the Cyfac without too much fuss, but it's just a bit bit smaller and tighter, which was my main goal.

And tomorrow the frame and fork will go out for painting. I may do a write-up on the whole process from beginning to end for all to see. I'm curious myself as to how it will turn out.

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

First time poster here. Thanks so much change for this thread it has been really interesting. I am having the black version of the C64 made this week. It's a double edeged sword for me because I had a Bottechia Emme2 which I loved. There was nothing wrong with it until the family cat knocked it over onto my indoor trainer and cracked the downtube.
After reading this thread and many other searches I am super excited to be getting my hands on this machine. It will be kitted out with the Campagnolo record groupset from the Bottechia so it should come up a treat.

IMHO I think the black is the best looking of all the colors but that is a personal choice

Cheers
Last edited by TheKaptone on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

frommel

by frommel

The black is a beauty. Just finished mine! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

frommel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:26 am
The black is a beauty. Just finished mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that looks amazing very very impressive

Edit: I have been looking at it for ages now and it is just beautiful, I want mine now

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

I am going to have to wait a while longer for this machine. Rang the LBS for a build update and the news was not good. They had the frame delivered and it has a crack in it while in the box. Have to wait and see if they have another one in stock.

I know they had the blue frame in stock but not sure about any other black ones. I don't want to compromise but it could mean a very very long wait. 😭😭

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Wait it out. If you don’t get the color choice you want now, you will regret it down the road.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

Man. Gutted for you.

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

Went to LBS today to see what is happening. Saw the frame, first of all it is just so good to look at. The chainstay on the drive side has a crack right through the n&a of Colnago and the plastic spacer that goes between chainstays in place of wheel was also broken. No one can quite figure out how it would have been broken but it is. Hopefully resolved by Monday. I am the worst at waiting for stuff

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

Just got my C64 finished, very happy with it. Some interesting differences to me C60.At some point down the line I'd like to upgrade to the new etap. For the time being though I'm happy with hrd, first disk brake bike I've had ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

TheKaptone

by TheKaptone

samuelcfadams1986 wrote:Just got my C64 finished, very happy with it. Some interesting differences to me C60.At some point down the line I'd like to upgrade to the new etap. For the time being though I'm happy with hrd, first disk brake bike I've had

That looks really nice. Hope it rides as good as it looks. Enjoy

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

TheKaptone wrote:
samuelcfadams1986 wrote:Just got my C64 finished, very happy with it. Some interesting differences to me C60.At some point down the line I'd like to upgrade to the new etap. For the time being though I'm happy with hrd, first disk brake bike I've had

That looks really nice. Hope it rides as good as it looks. Enjoy

Thanks, the paint job is even better in the flesh. Pictures Dont do the colourway justice, its had this beautiful flec running through the colour. The ride is superb. I rated my C60 as the best bike I had owned, I changed my mind after the first ride on the 64. Plus the internal routing really does give some really clean lines. ImageImageImageImage

guyc

by guyc

I spy Service de Velo

samuelcfadams1986

by samuelcfadams1986

guyc wrote:I spy Service de Velo
Certainly do, fantastic bike shop. Best I have used. Great guys, cant recommend them enough.

guyc

by guyc

Agreed and enjoy the bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com