Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

Have to say I don't know yet, still waiting for my frame to arrive :(

derosa2000

by derosa2000

kimmie wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:23 am
Hi all, new comer, but I have been reading this forum for years. I just placed order on a Disc Colnago C64 frame, and been told that the waiting time is, at least until December 2018. This is due to the new 'internal routing' stem and fork. Has anyone heard or have update about the new stem/fork thing? Second question, just wondering what people with a Shimano Di2 internal battery, use with the seatpost battery mount? Thanks
You can order now C64 Disc current version with lead time 60 days . We ordered new all internal version and this we expect will be ready for pick up early October 2018 .
Pictured current version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chunky666

by chunky666

Calnago wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 am

But when we buy bicycles, looks count for a lot of people, and I'll be the first one to stand up and say I wouldn't buy a bike if I thought it was ugly. I made that mistake once because it was such a good deal money wise. I won't make it again. So, looks count, but I want to know, or at least believe, that it's functionally the best as well, all things considered, at least for my purposes and priorities. If two choices were really close, however, and one made a better apple pie, but the other just made me melt when I looked at her, all else being equal... well, I can overlook the pie drawback. Oh, excuse me... I'm drifting a bit here Image
That there is exactly it! I had 2 choices when I replaced my smashed up Cervelo S3. I either buy a bike I wanted to ride or one I wanted to ride more than the others as the others are pretty rubbish!

A bike has to be 'pretty'. For some thats simple and they like a black bike with a bit of colour somewhere or maybe a single block colour. For me it had to be special and that isnt any of the above! The Colnago Art decor range was perfect and the CHDB colourscheme especially was right up my street.

It's been hanging on my wall at home in the hallway for a few weeks now and every single time I look at it I smile!! it's just perfect. I love it! My TT bike, my winter bike etc all serve a purpose but this one makes me want to ride it!

I know i'll never be good enough to really benifit from the deep wheels and aero frame but who cares! no one who owns a ferarri can do the same either but doesnt stop them loving driving them. :thumbup:

logy

by logy

On the subject of the headset, what is the lowest height one can achieve with the standard spacers please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The C64 comes with an Acros headset with two top caps. I think the lowest one is 5-7mm, but probably closer to 5mm. So say about 6-7mm above the level of the upper headset flange surface by the time it’s shimmed and on top of the compression ring.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

logy

by logy

Ah. Slightly higher than my Supersix Evo with lowest cover and 5mm spacer. Not the end of the world.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

To be a bit more precise, the short top cap is only 4.5mm tall while the tall cap is 16.3mm tall.
I should note that the above top caps are from a C60 but I believe they’re the same for the C64.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

logy

by logy

My ideal tt length is 580mm but me Evo has 575mm. I run a 4mm headset cover and 5mm spacer then a 6 degree 120mm stem. The 56s I want has a 582 tt and 182 headtube so I think an 8 or 10 degree stem will give the correct position.

Thanks for the pic.

hgw20

by hgw20

Calnago wrote:To be a bit more precise, the short top cap is only 4.5mm tall while the tall cap is 16.3mm tall.
I should note that the above top caps are from a C60 but I believe they’re the same for the C64.
Mine from my new framesets that arrived yesterday.

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

hgw20

by hgw20

And these are some of the frame itself. It really looks gorgeous to me, but to be honest I'm not sure if the paint job will last forever. Have a look to the "Ernesto Colnago" signature...it looks like it's going to be erased in the next 10 minutes...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

logy

by logy

What was the frame weight please? Can’t read what’s on the pic.

hgw20

by hgw20

logy wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:22 am
What was the frame weight please? Can’t read what’s on the pic.

1150gr in size 56S. BB and headset included. A bit dissapointing to be honest, but I really dont care about weight at all...

hgw20

by hgw20

Almost done...Image

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

hgw20 wrote: 1150gr in size 56S. BB and headset included. A bit dissapointing to be honest, but I really dont care about weight at all...
My 50s c60 is 1231g, your 56s which is 3 sizes up coming under that with BB and headset is pretty good! I agree no one buys a colnago to make it a WW bike so just enjoy it as it is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hgw20

by hgw20

Kayrehn wrote:
hgw20 wrote: 1150gr in size 56S. BB and headset included. A bit dissapointing to be honest, but I really dont care about weight at all...
My 50s c60 is 1231g, your 56s which is 3 sizes up coming under that with BB and headset is pretty good! I agree no one buys a colnago to make it a WW bike so just enjoy it as it is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Finally, everything ready to ride:
56s
Clinchers
Pedals
Bottlecage
GPS mount
Powermeter

7.1kgImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components