Cysco Ti Custom-back to the future

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

This frame popped up on ebay a while back. I wasn't really shopping, but had been intrigued by the Litespeed builds recently posted here. Richie Moore, who owned Cysco when this frame was built there (in 2012) was a Litespeed welder for many years before striking out on his own. I was intrigued because the frame had been spec'd as if it were for me, the seatmast and tt were exactly spot on. The price was right. So I took the plunge. Its mechanical only, and so even though I had an etap group here destined for another build, I picked up a used SR group to go with, as I hadn't had a Campy bike since the 10 speed days, when I rode nothing but-and my first bike that was built with weight in mind was ti. It's not a featherweight, it weighs in a 6.9 even with the Lightweights, and really the only place I have to save any real weight is in the crank (Stages with Red save almost 175g-but the Quarq was another ebay deal and half the price of the Stages option) and in the saddle (the knockoff is overly padded and thus the weight is 50 more than the real thing, but its 40 bucks v 300-maybe I'll strip it and ride it bare). The Lightweights will rotate with a set of CCU's that are incoming.

The weights on the build sheet aren't complete, I got a bit lazy.

Roads here are too crappy to have tried it, and I have a chest cold, so no ride report for a bit. I'm a little intimidated by the massive dt and the 1.5 in tapered fork, both of which are likely unnecessary for me at 60kg. So we'll see. If it intrigues me further it'll stay in rotation.

It has "Dirty South" sandblasted on the rear stays-not a turnoff for me as I'm moving to Va., and the Drive by Truckers are a favorite in our house.

Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

That downtube looks massive indeed, especially for a small frame. If it rides harsh, probably nothing some wider tires can't cure though. The whole bike looks great, enjoy!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That first photo doesn't do this justice. The angle makes the saddle look like it's some bulky gel filled donut.

glepore

by glepore

Yeah, derek, I agree, except that it is. Stupid amount of padding. Has to go. Most likely will swap it with a genuine sworks in rotation except that the real thing is white which looks great on the Cento but awful on this build. Strip it I must. Its so soft I don't think I can ride it. The chinese Power expert copies aren't much heavier (225) and padded much more like the real level 2. Might just put that on.

Your ss evo is amazing, btw.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

caballero

by caballero

That frame is sick !!!

michel2

by michel2

love the drive by truckers !!
oww and yes that downtube looks masive it makes the 44mm headtube look small !
get well soon and ride !! (-;

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Looks good.. all look better perhaps with proper photos outdoor.

glepore

by glepore

So, quick first ride report. First, I had forgotten how well a ti bike makes chip seal just fade away-this thing is awesome smooth. It also has a certain resilience climbing out of the saddle that is nice-not really flexy but not the unyielding feel of carbon. The couple of things that will take some "getting used to" - the shortish front center requires a bit more attention than some of the other bikes in the stable, and the 1 1/2 fork, while not uncomfortable, is certainly on point all of the time in kind of a hyperaware way that requires a mental adjustment.Might need to go to a -17 or get a bit more drop, we'll see. All said, after 20 miles I settled in.The giant downtube is not a harshness producing monster. I miss my traditional toptube if only as a place for my thigh when cornering downhill. The knockoff power feels like a power, the extra padding doesn't seem to be a bad thing.

Having not used Campy since 10 speed, two things immediately struck me. First the lever shape is killer, the inward hook at the top accomplishes the same thing wrist wise as turning S brand levers inward a bit but the blades stay straight. Second, the shift action remains like a Ferrari gate shifter, notch/clunk, very tactile but not effortless.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Cool bike. I love the massive downtube. Doublebutted I assume? Just wait for your Campy to break in more. Ka-Thunk, but it's a good, positive feeling.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com