Colnago C60 team bike

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Being a Colnago distributor as a "hobby" among other things gives you the chance to get some special bikes.
I always liked team bikes.Bikes that were ridden in the major races.It is like owning a piece of cycling history.
My last bike was a MHBL C60 which i sold the day i found out that i will be able to get one of the Team UAE bikes.
I know it is stupid to sell a new bike with less than 500km in order to get a well used.I was lucky to be able to get one of the spare bikes.Condition was much better than expected.I had a couple of team Europcar bikes, a CX Zero and a C59 that were really hard used.
This time i got a C60 with direct mount brakes..I know @calnago(who i fully respect for his knowledge and perfectionism) has a different opinion on them...but i think direct mount brakes work better and they are stronger.

Frame came with a Deda 14cm stem...
V3 Super Record EPS(I changed the crankset),Bora Ultra 50 wheels and selle italia saddle.

Weight with the power2max is 7180

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wildstyle5000

by Wildstyle5000

Nice build, I have the same frame, meaning a standar (non uae) c60 in plad with Direct mount breaks. I post a photo tomorrow...

xpert

by xpert

Nice bike! what version are your bora wide or narrow and what size are your tires ?

tmr5555

by tmr5555

Mohoric huh?
Just checked his 2017 season, sure did do a lot of miles! The thing is sometimes the spare bikes really just never get used and all the dings on them are from transporting them from race to race and clamping them to the roof rack.
Oddly enough I too enquired with UAE about purchasing a bike from them and was told signor Colnago took the bikes back at the end of season and that it wan't up to them to sell them. And from what I heard he's very tight, a certain colombian rider was hustling for a free bike at the end of the season.
Your story corroborates this. (ended up buying a willier lol). The gray frames they did for the TDF were also nice. Judging the fact that it's red and doesn't have the emirates logo suggests it was an early season frame and might have even been sidelined before july. (or even February, when as far as I can remember is when they signed Emirates as a sponsor).

Fun fact: the staff are pissed they cannot publicly drink while in team attire due to sponsor ties LOL :-)

nestornnk

by nestornnk

xpert wrote:Nice bike! what version are your bora wide or narrow and what size are your tires ?
They are the new ac3 wheels. They came with 25’ tires

nestornnk

by nestornnk

tmr5555 wrote:Mohoric huh?
Just checked his 2017 season, sure did do a lot of miles! The thing is sometimes the spare bikes really just never get used and all the dings on them are from transporting them from race to race and clamping them to the roof rack.
Oddly enough I too enquired with UAE about purchasing a bike from them and was told signor Colnago took the bikes back at the end of season and that it wan't up to them to sell them. And from what I heard he's very tight, a certain colombian rider was hustling for a free bike at the end of the season.
Your story corroborates this. (ended up buying a willier lol). The gray frames they did for the TDF were also nice. Judging the fact that it's red and doesn't have the emirates logo suggests it was an early season frame and might have even been sidelined before july. (or even February, when as far as I can remember is when they signed Emirates as a sponsor).

Fun fact: the staff are pissed they cannot publicly drink while in team attire due to sponsor ties LOL :-)
You are correct. Colnago got all the bikes back.
The first team frames were matt bare carbon tubes with gloss orange lugs.

This one was a spare bike at least from what i was told and judging by the condition of it.

I was after the tour edition color but they have not received them back yet.

After seeing the c64 yesterday i am thinking to sell it...

Ghibliultra

by Ghibliultra

My C60 is RSRD color but this team bike color scheme looks cool too. I think the finishing difference between lugs and carbon fiber frames makes me thinking about getting a new one. Nice build anyway

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

nestornnk wrote:

This one was a spare bike at least from what i was told and judging by the condition of it.
I'd hazard a guess, the number 2 on the seat lug means it was the 2nd i.e. spare bike of this rider.

I also saw one on offer in FB group recently. SR EPS and Bora Ultras, asking price was 6kEur, which I thought to be a pretty good deal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tmr5555

by tmr5555

r4nd0mv4r14bl3 wrote:
nestornnk wrote:

I'd hazard a guess, the number 2 on the seat lug means it was the 2nd i.e. spare bike of this rider.

I also saw one on offer in FB group recently. SR EPS and Bora Ultras, asking price was 6kEur, which I thought to be a pretty good deal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
6k is waaay too Much.
A cipollini rbk with full mechanical campy was going for 3500 euros
A cento 10 Wilier mechanical dura ace was 2500 minus wheels.
So 6k Means somebody has marked it up.
Trek was asking 4K for the madones, wheels included.

3.5K Euros max is the Price ı’d Wager.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com