FINALLY!! My new Evo Hi Mod build - 4.78kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

betwo wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:45 pm
I loved these cages
I’m loving them. Best cages I’ve had. You can have light and functional.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

dgasmd wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:43 pm
dereksmalls wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 am
Fiberlyte inner cage and pulleys
Back several years ago, I also swapped the pulleys and rear cage like you did with the same result of the screws hitting the spokes. That was back on Record 10Sp stuff almost 7-8 years ago. Never got it to be rub-free, so replaced them for the originals. Seems like they are still having the same issues even with 11 sp stuff!!!

Not a big fan of Cannondale aesthetically, but this bike is one of the few true WW bikes to be built and documented here in the last year. Love it as it is not like in the old days when people was filing and drilling stuff. All off the shelf and very reliable/usable. Chapeau!!! :beerchug:
Yeah it’s the bolt mounting on the spoke side as they aren’t flush. But it’s all sorted now. Thanks.

hannawald

by hannawald

Great build, congrats!
How are the carbon-ti quick release skewers? I was considering Lightweight/Extralite with their Cr-Mo axle, but my Colnago/Extralite dealer told me they are total crap and to stick with Campa heavy qr as from all these light axles he can get the wheel out just by pushing the bike by hand towards side.. he said it was nice for bikes in the showroom but he not for real riding at any cost..

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

hannawald wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm
Great build, congrats!
How are the carbon-ti quick release skewers? I was considering Lightweight/Extralite with their Cr-Mo axle, but my Colnago/Extralite dealer told me they are total crap and to stick with Campa heavy qr as from all these light axles he can get the wheel out just by pushing the bike by hand towards side.. he said it was nice for bikes in the showroom but he not for real riding at any cost..
They are good, but I've swapped them out for Ride Wert Stick Shifts. Better clamping, bigger feel in the hand to grip and 2 grams lighter. More expensive but they are damn awesome, and they come in different colours. Always happy to support a fellow WW member in their passion too - https://www.ridewert.com/product/stick-shift-qr/

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Here they are on the scales Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

dereksmalls wrote:Thanks! Well the tubs are on to get used to and I'll use for hilly rides on nice summers days. I'll carry a can of Vittoria Pitstop in case I puncture to get me home. My regular wheels will be my Enve classic 45 clinchers
Ditch the Pitstop and do as Lucas does. Tune one shot and a small hand pump in the pocket, pitshit will just make a horrible mess 8/10 times.

Awesome looking combination of functional gear, jealous I'd break half the gear you light units can run :)
Using Tapatalk

hannawald

by hannawald

Those QR looks really nice. Unfortunately it seems you are the only one who shares some experience. I am coming from discs so no experience with lightweight skewers except for what i read here - seems one of 3 users complain about not proper holding, lack of stiffness and brake rub..so a bit afraid and i don't understand from technical description on Wert pages how these are different (they mention some unique features in clamping mechanism..)

- No over-rotating levers due to preset rotation safety stops

- Through-the-lever axle-thread-into-pivot design prevents unintentional loosening (yes, it’s a thing)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

hannawald wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 am
seems one of 3 users complain about not proper holding, lack of stiffness and brake rub..so a bit afraid
Is that people saying about the Wert levers or just levers in general? I don’t experience any of that with these levers. But brake rub can’t always be attributed to loose levers, it can be because your wheels have flex in them.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

^ This

If skewers are causing brake rub, you'd also get a lot of other things, like creaking, misaligned brakes, etc. Brake rub by itself is indicative of a flexy wheel or flexy fork/triangle.

I'm also curious how skewers can show a lack of user noticeable stiffness. The hub axle produces the stiffness in this area, while the skewer either holds the wheel in place, or it doesn't. Sounds like some of the complaints are unrelated.

I think a lot of people are afraid of properly torquing lightweight parts. I used to feel like I was going to break my Tune skewers every time I used them, but they close and hold without complaint every time. Now I use them like I would every other skewer.

C36

by C36

Wasn’t there few years ago a test on QR that showed no real difference on clamping force ?
If that’s correct, until you exceed the clamping force you won’t see a difference in stiffness (no relative movement between parts). If you somehow exceed it, then the relative movement will depend on axle stiffness that is directly proportional to diameter (and material have zero impact, in traction all metals used in bikes have same stiffness to weight).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

They are great looking skewers, awesome weight to, but bloody hell they are expensive especially with P&P. The money we spend to save a few grams, we're mad. Lol.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

KCookie wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 pm
They are great looking skewers, awesome weight to, but bloody hell they are expensive especially with P&P. The money we spend to save a few grams, we're mad. Lol.
True. But I’m happy to see Wert make it to production and for them not be a vapourware product like a lot of people expected. The axles themselves are incredible, brilliant piece of machining.
When the stem is available I’ll be getting that too.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

dereksmalls wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:00 am
When the stem is available I’ll be getting that too.
Wert told me this a couple of weeks ago:
The skewers were the first step in this plan, the cranks the second step and a limited edition bike the 3rd step, followed by part kits and then separate parts such as stems.
The stem was in my to do list for a while, but looks like I'll have to settle with Extralite.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 am
Wert told me this a couple of weeks ago:
The skewers were the first step in this plan, the cranks the second step and a limited edition bike the 3rd step, followed by part kits and then separate parts such as stems.
The stem was in my to do list for a while, but looks like I'll have to settle with Extralite.
All good. I've got the MCFK and an Extralite as well so I can wait. Sorry I haven't weighed the rear skewer seperately yet. Next thing I'll probably do is replace the bar. The one I have is the TLO Compact and I need the Evo. The shape is better suited for me and closer to the Zipp Contour SSSL on my spare bike which fits me great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Veloflyte dust cover installed and I dropped the stem down 0.5m. Feels better now.Image

Custom pedals still holding up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk