FINALLY!! My new Evo Hi Mod build - 4.78kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

octave wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 am
hey good looking build!

just curious about that hylix zero setback post with carbon railed saddles-- have you had any issues with the saddle cradle gouging or damaging the rails?

i have the same post and want to use for my hi mod build but it gouged the carbon rails on my sqlab saddle and i worry it will do the same to my s-works power arc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m running a Smud carbon cradle instead of the Hylix one so I don’t seem to have any issues on the Berk rails, which are round

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

octave

by octave

dereksmalls wrote:
I’m running a Smud carbon cradle instead of the Hylix one so I don’t seem to have any issues on the Berk rails, which are round

i see.
do you have a link to that cradle?

thanks!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

octave wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:43 pm

i see.
do you have a link to that cradle?
http://www.smud-carbon.eu/cradle_seatpost.html

Mkae sure you get the right one for your seatpost and rails. I can't remember what mine is but it's for round rails.

octave

by octave

thanks!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

If it’s a 25.4mm seatpost you’re running, you’ll probably have to ask if they can make one to fit that post

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

New seatpost arrived today. Darimo 25.4mm In 250mm length. I thought it might come in a bit lighter being a smaller diameter. Now to figure out this loop dohickey.

ImageImage

poynt

by poynt

that must be because it is UD, my old 3k 27.2 x250 with the original heavier clamp was only 61g. Maybe the 25.4 has a thicker walled tube?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Yeah I dont :noidea: anyway, it’s 74gm lighter than the current set up so it’s not all bad

cjnl

by cjnl

I was about to make a comment on that obese seatpost! :D

I hope to receive mine soon. So I am looking forward to reading any installation tips.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

cjnl wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:37 pm
I hope to receive mine soon. So I am looking forward to reading any installation tips.
Make sure to keep parts aligned before tightening. And flip the saddle/seatpost assembly with saddle shell on working surface.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

crazy

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

This will be going on soon. Image

I’m waiting on some Fiber Lyte pulley spacers to arrive as I destroyed mine when the RD went through my rear wheel recently. Once they arrive I can get that on the new RD and get this riding again.

Also waiting on another pair of Speedplay Roubaix prototype pedals to arrive so I can modify them with tuned axles and replacement ti bolts. If I screw them up it won’t matter too much as I’ve got a non modded pair already.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Ok so whilst I wait for new pulley spacers I’ve got a second pair of prototype Splay Roubaix pedals. These ones apparently were used by Luke Roberts when he rode for Saxo Bank.

The plan is to switch the I think ti spindles for tuned Ward Industry spindles - milled out centre and squared off where they were round at the crank junction. Will also switch the bowtie bolts for J&L ti bolts and the spindle bolts for ti bolts.

Starting weight is 175gm for the pair.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So for the life of me I couldn’t disassemble them, so took them into Wheelworks to take a look at. Took them a couple of minutes with the right tools.

Here is what they look like disassembled. I’ll weight the parts I’m going to replace separately and also the replacement parts for comparison.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Right so here is the original spindles, which going by the weight and look I’m assuming they were already ti spindles

These were replaced with the tuned Ward Industries spindles

Original bow tie bolts and spindle bolts

Replacement bolts - we actually rounded one of the natural ti bolts heads so we went with 2 black and 2 natural ti in the end

Total tuned pedals in the end