FINALLY!! My new Evo Hi Mod build - 4.78kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

themidge

by themidge

Bike looks good :thumbup:
Where did you get the veloflyte dust cover? I tried to find it online, but apparently Veloflyte has shut down(?) :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Put the climbing wheels back on as it was a nice day yesterday for doing intervals, I’d forgotten how easily it goes up hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I like the modded Speedplays. Are those the same Zeros you mentioned in the first post, but with the bodies removed? Or are they Speedplay paves?

I scanned through the thread again, so sorry if you explained it somewhere already.

And sweet bike overall btw.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

JerryLook wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm
I like the modded Speedplays. Are those the same Zeros you mentioned in the first post, but with the bodies removed? Or are they Speedplay paves?

I scanned through the thread again, so sorry if you explained it somewhere already.

And sweet bike overall btw.
Different from the modded Zeros. Those just have the bolts, plates and spindles replaced. These are custom built with no Speedplay parts at all. They are made of Ward Industries spindles - machine down to allow a spanner to put them on and also milled out a little bit inside - Toronto Cycles ti bowties, ti bowtie bolts, ti axle bolts, generic bearings, aluminium tubing for the bearing bodies.

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Very cool :thumbup:
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

themidge wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 pm
Where did you get the veloflyte dust cover? I tried to find it online, but apparently Veloflyte has shut down(?) :noidea:
It was a UK website but I can’t remember the name of it. 4ibanez could probably tell you, hit him up

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Gto my Darimo bar being installed at the moment. I didn't have access to scales and the shop had misplaced theirs! But it was in the 120 - 129grams range based on putting it on the Park Tools bike scale. However the BTP carbon clamps are too big for the bar diameter, they just slide off. So had to go back to the stock Campag ones.

C36

by C36

dereksmalls wrote:Gto my Darimo bar being installed at the moment. I didn't have access to scales and the shop had misplaced theirs! But it was in the 120 - 129grams range based on putting it on the Park Tools bike scale. However the BTP carbon clamps are too big for the bar diameter, they just slide off. So had to go back to the stock Campag ones.
The sticker on the bar is spot on, to the 0.1g :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

dereksmalls wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 am
Gto my Darimo bar being installed at the moment. I didn't have access to scales and the shop had misplaced theirs! But it was in the 120 - 129grams range based on putting it on the Park Tools bike scale. However the BTP carbon clamps are too big for the bar diameter, they just slide off. So had to go back to the stock Campag ones.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on your new bars. I have mine on but haven't ridden yet. With the temperatures forecast for this weekend it may be a little way off before that happens

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by 573

dereksmalls wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm
themidge wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 pm
It was a UK website but I can’t remember the name of it. 4ibanez could probably tell you, hit him up
I'd like one of these too. If anyone knows where to get one?

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

They were from 'Long and Low'. Disappeared off the face of the earth, which is a bit annoying as I want one for the other bike.

by 573

Ah shame, thanks anyway.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

beanbiken wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:04 am

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on your new bars. I have mine on but haven't ridden yet. With the temperatures forecast for this weekend it may be a little way off before that happens
BB
New bar is awesome. Way better shape for me. Easy to transition from hoods to drops. Whilst the top of the bar is not as flat as the Zipp Contour on my BMC, it is still flat enough for me - I'm not a fan of resting on a rounded bar top. The reach is shorter than Schmolke too so that helps with my short torso and arms! Image

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So finally got the THM on. Reached out to C-Bear regarding BBS after not investigating things enough. I tell you that PF30a size is a bitch.

Anyway, got a BB from C-Bear, they don’t advertise it on their site but they do a custom PF30a BB to fit THM that doesn’t require any spacers if you contact them. The only draw back? It’s heavy as fook! 130gm compared to the 90 odd I had in there for the SRAM with the Lightning cranks. So the weight saving of the THM essentially gets cancelled out by the BB, but it fits perfectly.

So in all it saved SFA of 10 grams, but I didn’t do it for the weight saving. It was to have a new crank instead of 2nd hand.

Anyway, here’s 3 rubbish photos showing it fitted. The 2nd photo shows the nice snug fit of the crank and BB non drive side. Oh and it’s grease, not scratches showing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

octave

by octave

hey good looking build!

just curious about that hylix zero setback post with carbon railed saddles-- have you had any issues with the saddle cradle gouging or damaging the rails?

i have the same post and want to use for my hi mod build but it gouged the carbon rails on my sqlab saddle and i worry it will do the same to my s-works power arc!