My Italian Bikes - Colnago C40 / C50 / Gios Aerodynamic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

My vote goes for the Flite as well.
By the way, am I the only one who can’t see pics 5,6, and 9 of the 10 pics posted in the initial post. On Tapatalk. I can see them from my Desktop computer but not on Tapatalk via iPhone 6.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

lifeonmars

by lifeonmars

Thanks for the imput!
Glepore, I think a Regal has more place in a C40 than almost all the saddles in the world, but I agree blue is too much for my taste. ;)
Ballerini won the 1998 Paris-Roubaix seated on it.

Not in a Colnago, but Boonen also won his first 3 Paris-Roubaix on a "stealth" Regal

Tafi won the 1999 Paris-Roubaix on a Rolls (he kept using it on the B-Stay)

Museeuw used both, but I'm not sure if he ever won using either.

The Flite was my first choice, but it's the easy and obvious route because it's kind of light. Now I think the classic designs are more exclusive, show cycling culture and that you don't give a f*** about weight. :D
It'll be a Regal or Rolls in black.

Calnago, sorry I can't help you with tapatalk, since I don't have it installed. Is it only on my thread? Maybe some bug.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

lifeonmars wrote:...
The Flite was my first choice, but it's the easy and obvious route because it's kind of light. Now I think the classic designs are more exclusive, show cycling culture and that you don't give a f*** about weight. :D
It'll be a Regal or Rolls in black.
I knew I liked you. Regal or Rolls in Black it is. The Blue was a tad much.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

First of all, some beautiful bikes you‘ve got there! Also really nice photography, makes me wanna get out riding my bikes. Unfortunately there‘s snow outside so all I can do is look at beautiful pictures for now, so keep them coming

@ Calnago: I also can‘t see all of the pics in the initial post via Tapatalk, so I guess it‘s a Tapatalk problem.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

mustafah009

by mustafah009

What a great post, that c50 is incredible! Are you from Fafe?

lifeonmars

by lifeonmars

Thanks, Lorne Malvo. How's Lester? :D
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the weather. Riding in the snow is a nice experience, but I understand it's just only once in a while, since it can be dangerous. Hope you take your bike outside soon!

Mustafah009, now I'm very surprised! Yes, I'm from Fafe!
Let me guess, you are a rally fan and detected the "Fafe-Lameirinha" stage? Or are you portuguese as well? :)

A few more riding pictures, from my girlfriend's C40 and my C50, in Portugal. We live in a beautiful area with a lot of climbs. All of them were taken during winter, so we are lucky we don't have much snow, only cold.
In case these are against the forum rules, since I guess we are suppose to discuss about bike parts and builds, just let me know and I'll remove them.

MrMojo

by MrMojo

Great photo's and excellent bikes. I'm a fan of Colnago's too!

Wish my winters were like yours.
2021 Colnago Master
2020 Colnago C64
2017 Colnago C60
2017 Colnago V1-R
2014 Cipollini RB1K
2008 Colnago Extreme C
2005 Colnago C50
2001 Colnago C40
1996 Colnago Tecnos

glepore

by glepore

Lucky guy, great bikes. And obviously great places to ride them.

I do love the Rolls. I had a white one on my Pogliaghi in the 90's, before it met an unfortunate end on a roofrack/garage thing. Didn't realize it was so emblematic of the C40. The buffalo one is really a piece.

I have a Regal currently on a Technos. I'm pretty insensitive to saddle shape, but its the one saddle I don't really get along with. Its white, and its yours if you're interested....
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

mustafah009

by mustafah009

lifeonmars wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Mustafah009, now I'm very surprised! Yes, I'm from Fafe!
Let me guess, you are a rally fan and detected the "Fafe-Lameirinha" stage? Or are you portuguese as well? :)
I live nearby, in Lousada.

bura

by bura

Nice collection. Outstanding GIOS. And my vote would also go for the SI Flite.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

lifeonmars wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 pm
A few more riding pictures, from my girlfriend's C40 and my C50, in Portugal. We live in a beautiful area with a lot of climbs. All of them were taken during winter, so we are lucky we don't have much snow, only cold.
In case these are against the forum rules, since I guess we are suppose to discuss about bike parts and builds, just let me know and I'll remove them.
By all means, the more pics like that the better. There's a dedicated thread for stuff exactly like that... please post more. In fact, you should leave these pics here since they're already up, but I don't think anyone would mind if you reposted them over here which is really a dedicated thread to pics like you've got...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=149181&start=75

lifeonmars

by lifeonmars

Thanks!

MrMojo, I can see that by your signature. Such an amazing collection! I always wanted an Exteme-C, but never found the right one.

glepore, generally I'm not sensitive to saddles either. Since I have chondromalacia patellae on my right knee, I no longer do very long rides, which makes the comfort of the saddle even less important. But still, the Regal feels really good when I ride my Gios.
I really appreciate your offer, but I wanted black and was lucky to find a vintage one for a very low price, yesterday.

Also found a NOS blue Elite Ciussi and the Neutrons should arrive this week so, I just need the Colnago or ITM Millenium Stem.

mustafah009, that's cool! I ride in your area very often.

Calnago, that's indeed the perfect thread for my kind of photos! Will upload a few when I have the time, and keep this one for more detailed photos about the bikes, since it makes more sense. Thanks.

lifeonmars

by lifeonmars

Just a detail of the NOS Ciussi cage I received today. I'm really happy with it, especially since the blue tone is a perfect match with the frame.

LorneMalvo

by LorneMalvo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lifeonmars

by lifeonmars

Haha! That character is great!

As mentioned before, bought a pair of classic Neutrons for the C40, but since they are tubular, I decided to go with a pair of Open Pro & Record hubs as my main set. Very smooth ride and I love the way they look.
Still waiting for my Regal to arrive and still need to find an ITM Millenium stem. ;)