Long time coming: Colnago C-60 comes to life!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Calnago

by Calnago

Holy smokes... that’s bad, about the bottle hitting the downtube. Even though my frames are larger, the bottom of the cage on the seat tube is pretty much at the height of the top of the front derailleur brazeon. I’d be inclined to check out some other C60’s your size to see if the situation is the same. If not, then I’d be inclined to think that the waterbottle jig was misplace during production and be asking for a replacement. Aside from that, not sure I like the new cages much better :). Have you at least tried some Arundel Mandibles. I mention them because they have 4 mounting holes so that you can actually mount them at two different heights. Depending on how much more room you need, maybe they might at least make it work. Because as it is, it doesn’t.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dj97223

by dj97223

Yeah, you need a cage that can sit higher. Also, perhaps, a bottle that is beveled at the bottom will give you a bit more clearance. I have two sets of these and they work well and look good, imo:

https://fairwheelbikes.com/fair-wheel-v ... ttle-cage/
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Delorre

by Delorre

Lovely bike!! Is that a 48s? Do you mind to share your saddle height? I ask because my dad is looking for a new bike, and if Colnago, it would be a 48s (short legs and longer torso)