An Oldie but a Goodie of the Traditional Variety

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

RyanH wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:29 am
Don't buy from Harry Nac. He's a liar. He's doing the same thing to me that he did to Imaking20. He said he shipped on Tuesday and would get me tracking next day. Followed up later in the week and then he said he'd get it from the office tomorrow. Then sent an email telling him I was going to cancel if I didn't get tracking on Monday (today). He sends me non working tracking.

I opened a PayPal dispute today since I'm not going to do business with a liar.
Rinse and repeat and you're almost to my lead-in. He sent me two bogus tracking numbers over the first couple weeks after payment. I shamed him on Facebook (which he's since deleted) and only then got a tracking number that actually worked. ~3 weeks after making payment. Surprisingly, the item that was supposedly shipped weeks prior only had a tracking number that had been active for ~24 hours :noidea:

Then it arrived with damaged serial numbers... so basically he's a super standup guy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Sorry, must have missed it, but who is Harry Nac? Can someone provide some background info on this dude, so that I can avoid him?

Sorry to hear about this Ryan, was pumped to see you build a Colnago.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

RyanH

by RyanH

Harry_nac_aka_colnago_king on eBay. When imaking20 posted his issues, several came to his defense how great it was to deal with Harry Nac (real name Michel). The reality seems to be that he doesn't have possession of anything he sells. That would be fine if he was up front about it but instead he will tell you that it shipped right away and then delay and delay about getting you a tracking number. Then he'll go one step further and provide fake tracking numbers.

Imaking20 got a C60 with scratched out serials. I didn't want to gamble with what I'd get.

Anyway, this project is officially dead. My issue was resolved with PayPal and I got my refund. Bummer because a traditional geo eps is pretty rare. But oh well, I'm contemplating splurging on a custom build so we'll see.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

RyanH wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 am
Harry_nac_aka_colnago_king on eBay. When imaking20 posted his issues, several came to his defense how great it was to deal with Harry Nac (real name Michel). The reality seems to be that he doesn't have possession of anything he sells. That would be fine if he was up front about it but instead he will tell you that it shipped right away and then delay and delay about getting you a tracking number. Then he'll go one step further and provide fake tracking numbers.

Imaking20 got a C60 with scratched out serials. I didn't want to gamble with what I'd get.

Anyway, this project is officially dead. My issue was resolved with PayPal and I got my refund. Bummer because a traditional geo eps is pretty rare. But oh well, I'm contemplating splurging on a custom build so we'll see.
Thanks for the info Ryan. Information like this needs to get out to the community, so we don't end up with more terrible news like yours and imaking20.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

KarlC

by KarlC

Bummed.... looking forward to your next build
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well that really sucks... sorry. Would have been nice. I've been burned once (the only time I ever used ebay/paypal. In the end Paypal did me right, and I got the goods I was supposed to get, but it wasn't worth the pain. Wished I'd paid full retail rather than go through that. Kind of a crap shoot I suppose.
One thing I've wondered regarding Paypal... If you win a dispute, Paypal gives you all your money back, but they take that from the sellers account, right? What if the seller has closed up everything and Paypal doesn't have access to just go in and take it out. When it happened to me, the seller wouldn't respond to simple questions, wouldn't acknowledge the dispute, and after 10 days with no response to the dispute Paypal just took the money from his account and put in mine, and sent me an email saying the case was closed. So, I had my money back, and I also had in my possession the goods. I asked Paypal if I needed to send them back, and they said normally that's what would happen if the seller had responded to the dispute, but without a response the seller lost all his rights with Paypal, and me. Within a half hour of the money coming out of his account he was emailing with all kinds of threats. At that point I just laughed, sat on it for awhile, and eventually did get things resolved to my satisfaction, and sent him the money in good faith as it would have been wrong to keep the goods AND the money. But at least it prompted him to make good on what should have came with the deal.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lig

by Lig

Hi Calnago..... off topic.... but the eBay \ Paypal buyer protection thing is interesting... I think (know) that sometimes 'they' lose out and tbh they are making millions anyway with their fees... but to keep it brief, I sold a pair of new 'designer' trainers for £200, the buyer kept them for a day under a month (a month is the limit to open a return) and then asked for a refund. They started the returns process through eBay and when the trainers were delivered back to me eBay automatically took the money out of my account and refunded the buyer... the problem was that the buyer had clearly worn them for a month, I complained to eBay and in the end eBay gave me the refund back, but did not take this from the buyer. So I ended up with the cash and the worn trainers... I think the same would occur to every honest buyer \ seller and eBay\Paypal would foot the bill. I had to send photos and speak to them a few times but I was surprised by the outcome.... I do think that the feedback helps give you credibility not only to potential buyers \ sellers but also to eBay if anything like this occurs... I think with Paypal you have 180 days to raise a dispute, eBay is a month for returns unless stated.

Cheers,
Lig.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes Lig, thanks. Sucks that someone buys shoes from you, wears them for a month, then expects you to take them back as if you're some huge department store that just looks the other way when that happens. I really tried to work with the seller, and didn't even open a dispute until as you say, the 180th day (I think it was 45 days actually) or whatever it is... I think the seller was actually aware of this and kept stringing me along hoping that time period would pass. But I called Paypal, and they told me to file a dispute. Of course, the seller didn't respond in 10 days and they just instantly took the money from his account and put it in mine. It was a $3000 item. Needless to say, the seller all of a sudden took notice... ha. I guess my point is that I don't think I'd ever buy anything without the protection of PayPal, because I think I'd have been screwed if it wasn't for that. As always, buyer (and seller I suppose) beware.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lig

by Lig

Yeah, I just found it interesting that in the end eBay were £200 out of pocket... I did mention this to the nice assistant who I spoke to and they confirmed that this is the way it is sometimes. They 'marked' the buyers account in case they were going to make a habit of it.
I think it would apply to more expensive items too. It was good service from them.

Cheers,
Lig.

Lig

by Lig

Apologies to Ryanh for hijacking your thread... Such a shame that didnt turn out. I have a Trad EPS and its a great ride. I know that RACycles had some (size limited) but they were still quite expensive, but worth a look if you have your heart set on one.... I hope you find one....

https://www.racycles.com/outlet/road/co ... meset-1593
https://www.racycles.com/outlet/road/co ... meset-1591

Cheers,
Lig.

RyanH

by RyanH

When paying with PayPal for goods I always use my credit card as a funding source. It adds another layer of protection since if PayPal can't resolve it, you can issue a charge back through your credit card company. In one instance, PayPal told me that was the only option, I can't recall the exact situation.

The other thing about PayPal is that they typically have the person's bank info and will debit the money. So even if they closed the account and their bank account, PayPal I believe can still issue a debit and they would still possibly get the money back.