(Another) 2017 Custom Stelbel Rodano

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

Wookski wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:11 pm
Thanks Wookski for the re-post as I got lost in code!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

LorneMalvo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 pm
Nice! How‘s the ride? Thinking about a Stelbel bike for a while now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
There’s something about steel that is hard to put down in words which other steel riders would appreciate.

It just feels good the longer the ride.

Thank You
Last edited by GuidoWongolini on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

themidge wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:25 pm
The title says it's custom, hence my question: why get custom geometry made such that you have to run a -6 stem rather than -17? The latter wouldn't reduce the amount of seatpost showing much (if anything it would frame the logo better) and it would definitely make the front end look a lot better.
Sorry i'm always criticising your bikes Wooski, just curious about the geometry.
Hello themidge
The stem is actually -8 and personally I don’t like the look of -17, -12 is as much as I’d go.
Also the Rodano is not a speed machin, the SB/03 is.
Thank You

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

Roel W wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am
So beautiful!! Only needs steel bottle cages.
Hello Roel W
Personally I went for the carbon to highlight the carbon on the post and wheels, which just happen to be the same weave.
Thank You

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

euan wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:21 pm
themidge wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:25 pm
The title says it's custom, hence my question: why get custom geometry made such that you have to run a -6 stem rather than -17? The latter wouldn't reduce the amount of seatpost showing much (if anything it would frame the logo better) and it would definitely make the front end look a lot better.
Sorry i'm always criticising your bikes Wooski, just curious about the geometry.
That looks like a 120mm stem, so to keep the same approximate drop with a -17 stem it would need a 2cm longer headtube. That is going to dramatically reduce the amount of seatpost showing.
Hello euan

Correct and that’s what my bike fitter said.

Thank you.

GuidoWongolini

by GuidoWongolini

themidge wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 pm
I reckon it would reduce the seatpost to about the same amount showing below the logo as there is gap from the top of the logo to the bottom of the clamping mechanism. (Does that make sense?) Worth the -17 stem IMO.
Hello themidge

FYI - this is post will be painted to match the frame as mentioned in my first post, will this then help ;)

Thank You.

themidge

by themidge

GuidoWongolini wrote: this is post will be painted to match the frame as mentioned in my first post, will this then help ;)
Thank You.
Well...
a while ago, themidge wrote:But... and this is not aimed at this bike in particular, what's the deal with matching the seatpost and stem to the frame? It crops up on like every custom bike ever and I think it looks kind of silly. IMO it draws the eyes away from the frame and also makes it look weird because you're not expecting to see the stem/seatpost the same colour as the frame. Also there is always a bit of black headset in between the frame and stem (and the seatclamp between the frame and seat post sometimes) which kills any illusion there might have been that they were all one piece.
So, no :)
Sorry I have such specific tastes in bikes. If I may say so, the rest of your bike is very, very nice. :thumbup:

euan

by euan

Yes, the Triban 540 is a very specific taste in bikes indeed.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

:P

themidge

by themidge

It is indeed, very fine :thumbup: Thank you for saying so :D
P.s. just bought a supersix, is that specific enough? I'm starting to think I've let myself down :wink: