2018 Dogma Xlight Froomey colorway

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Meccanica

by Meccanica

prendrefeu wrote:So...ummm... you didn't weigh the frame & fork before building it on a site devoted to people interested in the weight of components?
Awe man... I know. I love my LBS but was frustrated it was not weighed before my components were swapped over. I'll do better.
Chris3g wrote:I’ve got that Berk top clamp, mine weighed 30g vs 56g stock, very nice part. You can save a couple more grams with lighter barrel nuts, the stock bolts are already Ti so not much more to do there.

Fantastic. Thank you for the picture! Ordering as soon as they send me the invoice tomorrow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MRM

by MRM

Gorgeous build! Nice to see you make the jump from Instagram. :)

Welcome!

Meccanica

by Meccanica

MRM wrote:Gorgeous build! Nice to see you make the jump from Instagram. :)

Welcome!
Hey, thanks medium!! Figured since I was finally paying real attention to weight I should actually post here!

Thanks for all the advice and comments on insta, I'll be sure to post more detailed questions and do my research here too.

-E

LionelB

by LionelB

I would also be curious about the real life difference in frame weight between the F10 and the F10 XLight

Meccanica

by Meccanica

Me too, and I owned both...

Here is the official press release on the xlight frame... Page two list it as 60g savings with an expected variance.

On a personal note it's cool to not see my colorway listed or available :)
F10_XLight_Press_Release_ENG-2.jpg
F10_XLight_Press_Release_ENG-1.jpg

fogman

by fogman

The F8 XLight had a rider weight limit of 70 kg (154 pounds). Does the F10 XLight also have rider weight limit? I see no mention of this in the press release or on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

fogman wrote:The F8 XLight had a rider weight limit of 70 kg (154 pounds). Does the F10 XLight also have rider weight limit? I see no mention of this in the press release or on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, same limit. Came with a warning attached to the frame.

MRM

by MRM

I thought I read somewhere that the limit was raised on the F10 version to 75kg. Wrenchscience lists it as 85kg?!

Meccanica

by Meccanica

I went through the paperwork to see if I could find it, no mention in the manual (came with standard F10 docs). I did find it funny that the entire first 3 pages of the forward are dedicated to telling customers bikes wear out and you should be prepared to replace a wornout bike even if it's expensive, lol. Gotta love the Italians who wrote this!

Meccanica

by Meccanica

U20 Skewers installed... Couple additional parts coming in :)Image

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Congrats man! Hope you are super happy with your new bike. Only nit-pic would be to my eye, bars need to be rotated down slightly. Other than that, nice build at a surprisingly good weight with those wheels.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Very nice bike.
Although I would prefer a blackbartape and lower rimmed wheels.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

wheelbuilder wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm
Congrats man! Hope you are super happy with your new bike. Only nit-pic would be to my eye, bars need to be rotated down slightly. Other than that, nice build at a surprisingly good weight with those wheels.
Hey, Thanks! I am enjoying it! Honestly its just such an amazing bike to ride, it puts a huge smile on my face every time!! :D :D

On the bars, I agree, but it needs to be recabled (with lighter cable and more flexible) the bars are so small/narrow the cable does not like the tight bends. I'll be able to turn them down ever so slightly once I decide on cable.
bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 am
Very nice bike.
I love the wheels, but wish I had spent the extra money on Meilenstein's. Maybe eventually, but they are just so damn expensive I decided to go extra deep on the Enve's. I love the sound they make hammering on the flats whoosh whoosh!! :thumbup:

With regards to the bartape I have to scrub the yellow tape after every ride and its a pain in the ass, but it has grown on me in terms of looks. When I can get supacaz galaxy with yellow accents I'll switch back to black. :)

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

this thing is dope.

KCookie

by KCookie

Meccanica wrote:
wheelbuilder wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm
Hey, Thanks! I am enjoying it! Honestly its just such an amazing bike to ride, it puts a huge smile on my face every time!! :D :D

On the bars, I agree, but it needs to be recabled (with lighter cable and more flexible) the bars are so small/narrow the cable does not like the tight bends. I'll be able to turn them down ever so slightly once I decide on cable.
bruno2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 am
Very nice bike.
I love the wheels, but wish I had spent the extra money on Meilenstein's. Maybe eventually, but they are just so damn expensive I decided to go extra deep on the Enve's. I love the sound they make hammering on the flats whoosh whoosh!! Image

With regards to the bartape I have to scrub the yellow tape after every ride and its a pain in the ass, but it has grown on me in terms of looks. When I can get supacaz galaxy with yellow accents I'll switch back to black. :)
I have some Meilensteins i dont use, they have seen less than 1500km. Would look good on your bike. :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com