2018 Dogma Xlight Froomey colorway

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

survivor

by survivor

Meccanica wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm
Me too, especially after I blew up my rear enve a few weekends ago and had to have it rebuilt. I just can't get past the price tag.
You already got past the X-Light price tag, you will get past the Meileinstein as well... :D

Meccanica

by Meccanica

survivor wrote:
Meccanica wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm
Me too, especially after I blew up my rear enve a few weekends ago and had to have it rebuilt. I just can't get past the price tag.
You already got past the X-Light price tag, you will get past the Meileinstein as well... :D
Lol. Just a matter of time, I am sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

It's always great to see how your F10 Xlight is evolving Meccanica. It's one of my favorite builds.

I would say wheels are next on my list as well, although my 2 sets of Aeolus tubulars are very fast wheels.

I did the Berk seatpost clamp and really like it.

It really is amazing the nice comments that people mention out on the road regarding the F10. It just makes this fine ride all the more enjoyable!

survivor

by survivor

Meccanica, did you experience any performance issue with the eebrake, particularly the rear eebrake? The reason I asked is because one bike mechanic pointed out that with the eebrake cable entry on the center arm instead of the traditional side arm entry, the brake cable has to curve in from the frame exit to the rear eebrake center arm, which could impact the brake cable travel thus a less favorable braking experience. Any comment or feedback on this?

Meccanica

by Meccanica

survivor wrote:Meccanica, did you experience any performance issue with the eebrake, particularly the rear eebrake? The reason I asked is because one bike mechanic pointed out that with the eebrake cable entry on the center arm instead of the traditional side arm entry, the brake cable has to curve in from the frame exit to the rear eebrake center arm, which could impact the brake cable travel thus a less favorable braking experience. Any comment or feedback on this?
I tried to get a picture of it for you but I could not get it to come out in a way that really showed the angle the brake cable exits the frame and enters the brake. I think the cable actually goes in with less of an abrupt angle due to the location.

I originally had Sram red brakes on the bike and the eebrakes have consistently felt as good or better with the original Sram brake cables and more recently with powercordz.

I wish I had gone with powercordz initially, as one of the most difficult parts of this build was not the angle of the cable exiting the rear of the frame into the brake but actually the angle in the Enve Aero bars as the smallest ones they make the cable would almost kink in the bars, powercordz have improved the brake feel 100x.

Last edited by Meccanica on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

Bridgeman wrote:It's always great to see how your F10 Xlight is evolving Meccanica. It's one of my favorite builds.

I would say wheels are next on my list as well, although my 2 sets of Aeolus tubulars are very fast wheels.

I did the Berk seatpost clamp and really like it.

It really is amazing the nice comments that people mention out on the road regarding the F10. It just makes this fine ride all the more enjoyable!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you got the Berk seat mount! It was a recommendation I received on this forum and I was glad I did too!

I totally agree with you, I get a ton of compliments on the F10 in group rides and out with friends, it's just such a pleasure to ride. Cheers! :)

Last edited by Meccanica on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

fogman

by fogman

Do you get any creaking with the Berk seat clamp? Mine creaks once in a while. When I tighten it the creak goes away, but then loosens a few weeks later. I am thinking the creaks are caused by the carbon clamp flexing slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Meccanica

by Meccanica

fogman wrote:Do you get any creaking with the Berk seat clamp? Mine creaks once in a while. When I tighten it the creak goes away, but then loosens a few weeks later. I am thinking the creaks are caused by the carbon clamp flexing slightly.

Same here, it does it very rarely, normally at the start of a ride like it's settling in, but I just tighten and it goes away too. Should we try some locktite?

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

Meccanica wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:10 am
fogman wrote:Do you get any creaking with the Berk seat clamp? Mine creaks once in a while. When I tighten it the creak goes away, but then loosens a few weeks later. I am thinking the creaks are caused by the carbon clamp flexing slightly.

Same here, it does it very rarely, normally at the start of a ride like it's settling in, but I just tighten and it goes away too. Should we try some locktite?
I used carbon paste with mine. Seems stable, with only the occasional creak when I hit a bump unaware.

survivor

by survivor

Meccanica wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 am
I tried to get a picture of it for you but I could not get it to come out in a way that really showed the angle the brake cable exits the frame and enters the brake. I think the cable actually goes in with less of an abrupt angle due to the location.

I originally had Sram red brakes on the bike and the eebrakes have consistently felt as good or better with the original Sram brake cables and more recently with powercordz.

I wish I had gone with powercordz initially, as one of the most difficult parts of this build was not the angle of the cable exiting the rear of the frame into the brake but actually the angle in the Enve Aero bars as the smallest ones they make the cable would almost kink in the bars, powercordz have improved the brake feel 100x.
This is good to know. Thanks!

Still pondering whether I should stick with rim brake for the next bike... :mrgreen:

survivor

by survivor

Quick question, what's your BB to saddle height measurement? Did your size 50 come with zero offset seatpost?

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

Very nice bike :)

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

Can i ask you about your saddle height on the picture?