OCLV 94/95 "Recaliber" project

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

dan66

by dan66

I auctioned an old OCLV frame on eBay.
Originally it is the violet Trek 9800 repainted to blue.
In the beginning it was just about replacing of another (CrMo) frame that was short to me.
I wanted to use complete Shimano LX groupset in gray from 1996, wheels with Mavic 217 rims, gray LX hubs and DT Swiss wires.

But for now I'm starting another variant.

Because I have some modern carbon components (Ritchey WCS fork, handlebars, seatpost in carbon) and I just bought Sh. SLX groupset 2x10 2013 (surprisely light - only 2,38kg incl. chain).
I also have Mavic Crosroc UST wheels (1,95kg both, looking for something bit lighter..) and now I bought cheaply Ritchey Speed Max Beta PRO 26/2.00'' tyres (470g).

Other parts to use - Avid 2.0 Digit brakes with Tektro carbon levers, ESI grips and Fi'zi:k Tundra 2 Magnese saddle, because my ass says it... :). Will try Fi'zi:k Arione Titanio - more retro look.
I bought an IKE saddle with a central tunnel (see on photos), looking retro, but it's too heavy, heavier than life itself :).
Headset - bought Ritchey Scuzzy Logic (156g). I'm waiting for FSA Orbit XL II (101g).
Ritchey Superlogic Carbon Seatpost exchanged for Ritchey WCS Carbon to match the set.
Still waiting for R. WCS Carbon stem.

The color will stay for now - reminds the colors used by Gary Fisher on Supercaliber and Procaliber.
It will only be called Recaliber because it is recycled :).

I would like to build it like mix of old OCLV frame and these new components like "fullcarbon" rigid bike.
It's never going to be a bike to ride in a rough terrain. Just such a light cruiser across the town, woods and gravel tracks for pleasure.

Sorry. Attached photos are terrible. In addition there will be other V-brakes wheels, grips, saddle, stem, etc.

I'll be grateful for the advice and remarks, I'm just starting to put it together.
Attachments
IMG_0824.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0836.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg
dan66

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore