The herd has expanded to N+1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

nachetetm

by nachetetm

Very sexy!

mortirolo

by mortirolo

Perfekt bike, but it need a nice seatpost and clamp.
dgasmd wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 am
"Potenza 12-32 cassette" with short cage SR RD?
Is it compatible?
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria

by Weenie

dgasmd

by dgasmd

mortirolo wrote:Perfekt bike, but it need a nice seatpost and clamp.
dgasmd wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:42 am
"Potenza 12-32 cassette" with short cage SR RD?
Is it compatible?
First of, my mistake for sure. It is a mid size cage, not short. Not even sure where I typed that??

The seatpost clamp was actually a pleasant surprise to me at 13 grm and nice! I was going to replace it with a carbon one slightly lighter, but not worth it at all. The seatpost is entirely temporary. I have an AX-Lightness Europa making its way here. Just need it to get the bike done and rideable as I was taking it to ride out of town.
Last edited by dgasmd on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

OFFICIAL FIRST RIDE REPORT ON “Bijou”, Look 785 Huez RS!

I had seen the YouTube video review from GCN about it. I can without a doubt say this thing was made entirely for fast climbing and descending by people that can do both and for us who can only dream of it!! I’m fat, slow, have no power to push it downhill even with a tailwind, and yet it feels like it goes uphill on his own! Very solid, not painful or jarring feeling like you are riding a 2x4 on vibrator mode. Descends like it is on rails too with no twitchiness to it at all. Solid and planted. It does feel to me “short” compared to the set up on my Time RXR, which is the bike that for years I’ve taken on trips and climbing places. Something new to get used to for sure, but it is the same fit as my C-60, which was done recently by a Retül fitter, and that is shorter than the Time is set up. These were very steep and long roads I had last ridden in my Time as well (Hogpen and Unicoi Gaps in Northern GA). Smiles ear to ear is the only way I can describe it.

Compared to my Time I’ve had up these roads, it is everything and then some the Time isn’t! Solid, no flex, no twitching, but also not as plush as the Time. Compared to my Look 595 Ultra, it feel similar but certainly more nimble feeling. Biggest different aside from it is that is feels more comfortable (supple or plush) than the 595 for sure. Otherwise, pretty comparable, which is a surprise given there is 10+ years of technological advances between those 2! Can’t compare it to the C-60 as I’ve not taken it on these roads before.

That damn dinner plate cassette, as much as it erodes my pride to put it on paid itself 50x over today. Soooooo glad I did. Other than the new seatpost coming in, I don’t see me changing a thing on it anytime soon!!

TonyM

by TonyM

dgasmd wrote:BIJOU has come home!
Look 785 Huez RS Size S.

*TOTAL with Hyperons and Potenza 12-32cassette: 6,390ish GRMS
*TOTAL with no wheels 4,030ish GRMS
*Total with Lightweight Gifelspum and Chorus 12-29cassette 5,960ish GRMs

My true gansta and ThugLife dog approves so far!

OT: never drink a French red wine (even a light one like the Bourgueuil) out of a whiskey glass...pleazzzzzzzzzz

dgasmd

by dgasmd

TonyM wrote: OT: never drink a French red wine (even a light one like the Bourgueuil) out of a whiskey glass...pleazzzzzzzzzz
ImageImageImageImageImage
I wouldn’t in a million years. I don’t even own whiskey glasses. Those are actually stemless wine glasses. Have a couple and only use them if I’m doing something in the garage. Now that I went back to look at the picture I can see how the angle makes them look cylindrical.

TonyM

by TonyM

OT:
dgasmd wrote:
TonyM wrote: OT: never drink a French red wine (even a light one like the Bourgueuil) out of a whiskey glass...pleazzzzzzzzzz
ImageImageImageImageImage
I wouldn’t in a million years. I don’t even own whiskey glasses. Those are actually stemless wine glasses. Have a couple and only use them if I’m doing something in the garage. Now that I went back to look at the picture I can see how the angle makes them look cylindrical.
Still not a wine glass...(at least for French)
https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verre_à_vin

Do your wine (and yourself) a favor and drunk such wines in the proper glasses. They will taste much better!

Calnago

by Calnago

So you got ‘er done! Nice. The wine is a nice touch and I do appreciate the drinking of wine in proper wine glasses, but you get a pass here despite the stemless glass. It’s just too easy to tip over when on the work bench. And I think you placed that Campy grub seal in full view just to tease me as you know I collect those things like gold. Still haven’t found a source for those exact grub seals.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Calnago wrote:And I think you placed that Campy grub seal in full view just to tease me as you know I collect those things like gold. Still haven’t found a source for those exact grub seals.
Had I known you “collect them” I would have sent you the last 3!

As far as the bike itself, all I can say is sublime!! And that’s not just “new bike feeling”. I tend to be a harsh self critic and pretty objective with things I use.

No question I’ll have to re-tune the shifting when I get back. It was flawless when I installed it and tested it with hard shifting under load around the neighborhood, but after a couple hundred shifts in these mountains I managed to drop the chain going from the large to the smaller ring DESPITE a chain catcher!! I never carry a mini tool kit, but I sure was glad I did yesterday. Side road fix left the front derailer not in perfect alignment, but good enough to work. Also, haven’t used the Hyperons in nearly 2 years, and in that time the front tire has developed a lump mostly noticeable at speed downhill and when applying the brakes. Not terrible, but annoying! I’m also not entirely sold on the bars. New shape to me and feel great on the drops but feel too narrow on the tops. Also need to double up on the bar tape as I always do. Single wrapping these was a trial!