Objetive Ax Lightness Vial Evo Sub 5

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

DeiviX

by DeiviX

Hello Weight Weenies! I write to you from Spain, it is not my first participation but I admit that I am not very participative, the language as you will see is an impediment for me. But since I know you are lovers of low weight and photos, here I leave a wide repertoire.
My goal is to leave it sub5 something that I hope to achieve with a tubular change. I purchased the frame second sale, its previous owner gave it a good coat of paint, I left it back in its original state based on sanding, reducing the weight considerably.
Sorry for my bad english!!

Frame Ax Lightness Vial Evo D T54
Fork 3T
Seatpost Darimo T1 27,2/300mm.
Saddle Ax Lightness Leaf II
Stem Extralite Ultraroad 120mm
Handlebar Zipp SL sanded
Expander Extralite
Top cap Extralite
Spacers Carbon
Group Sram e-Tap
Crankset THM Clavicula 110
Chainrings Praxis works 50-34
Cassette Sram Red 11-26
Brakes Ax Lightness Perseus Corima
Pedals Speedplay Zero Ti, bowties Ti
Chain Sram XX1 Eagle 12v
Cables jarwire elite link
Weelset Lightweight Meilenstein Obermayer rear 2013, front 2017
Tubulars Continental Sprinter rear, Competition front
Btl cage Ax Lightness with carbon bolts
Last edited by DeiviX on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AZR3

by AZR3

Very very nice! Love naked frames with little pops of color :thumbup:

by Weenie

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Very nice and thanks for sharing............ i also would be looking for that extra 80 grams. :thumbup:

BB
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

bura

by bura

Thanks for the post. Enjoy a wonderful light build bike.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Great job with the frame. Looks even better on those LWs! You should be able to lose 80g easily. Extralite rings will save 30-40g. Those tubs look like Contis - I may be wrong... Some Veloflex extreme tubs should make up the difference to get you sub 5kg.

I'm interested in the Darimo post. I've been in contact with them about getting one. What's the length and weight? How long did it take to arrive (or did you order from a distributor)? Edit: I see you come from Valencia - the same place as Darimo - that's lucky!

DeiviX

by DeiviX

Yes, Damià (Darimo) and I are friends, excellent person, has a manufacturing delay of 1 month but if it is urgent you can look at the stock in R2bike, Dream bikes .. etc. my seatpost is 27.2 / 300 and weight 74g.
Thanks for the comments guys!

KCookie

by KCookie

Great job on an Awesome looking bike, great weight saving by stripping the paint. As said above changing the chain rings and tyres will see your bike below 5kg. Did you make a build list with weights, would be nice to see. !!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Why on earth would someone want to paint one of these? Makes no sense. You could lose the 80gm easy peasy

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

Well, with such a nice bike your issues with the English language are easily forgotten! I’m sure that with the tips you can get on it here, you can easily build a sub 5 kilo bike.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

gravity

by gravity

Your english is mighty fine sir.

I love there's many different carbon weave on the frame. May look uneven and even messy but i just love it!

DeiviX

by DeiviX

English is my pending subject, thanks to the Google translator, it makes my job easier. Thanks for the tips!

Lig

by Lig

Hi DeiviX,

Very nice ride. I too have just bought a Vial Evo Ultra and will be building it up for Spring....

Can you tell me how do the Corima pads perform with the LW's? Have you used these for long and why do you not use the Swissstop LW pads?

Also - How do you find the Claviculas? Does they make any noise? Is it plenty stiff enough or is there slight movement of the rings? I dont know whether to buy a set OR save and go for the SE?

Thanks,
Lig.

DeiviX

by DeiviX

I have not detected any noise or oscillation with Clavicula, nor noises nor oscillations.
If you do not have the classic Clavicula buy the SE version.
The Corima pad I put them for less weight but yesterday I went back to Swissstop because they slow down much better than Corima.

Lig

by Lig

Thanks DeiviX,

Yeah - I would stick with the Swissstop LW specific pads... as for the Clavicula, I would of course prefer the SE, but I can get the Classic for half the price so I am tempted??!!

Enjoy your ride!!

Lig.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

DeiviX wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 pm
My goal is to leave it sub5 something that I hope to achieve with a tubular change.
Carajo, se me salieron las lagrimas y el riñón izquierdo me bajo un par de centímetros viendo esto. Simplemente maravillosa. Me encanta también la combinación de color aqua con todo los negro y carbon desnudo. Con llantas mas ligeras le quitas mucho peso ya que las Continental son pesadas, pero son mucho mas resistentes a pinchazos que la Mallorca de otras mas ligeras. Es la razón por la que todas mis bicis las tienen ahora en vez de las Vittoria y Veloflex que usaba antes.

Como se compara y responde la bici con otras que has usado y cuales son esas otras?

Disfrutala!!! :thumbup:

Translation for the rest of the forum:

Blah blah blah....Awesome bike. Get lighter tires blah blah blah blah.....How does it compare to others you've had? blah blah blah...... :mrgreen: :beerchug:

by Weenie