by dolophonic

PICS pls !! dream frame .. nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Temporary wheels, won't be riding the bike until I get my Hyperons.

m4k1

by m4k1

yes!!!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, that's a keeper. Mk.2 C40... post Mk.1 and pre diamond B-stay. 51 traditional which went the wayside leaving only the 53 traditional as the smallest traditional frame you could get. And now... with the C64, no more traditionals at all. I can't remember what differentiates the Mk2 from Mk1 etc. Could you elaborate? This is the thread for that discussion for sure. Also, I like the Nemesis rims. Why wouldn't you take it out with those wheels? And the white background kinda makes it look like it doesn't have a saddle. Picture from the maiden voyage please. In the wild.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Look565w

by Look565w

Absolutely beautiful, that's how a Colnago should look like! Great build! :thumbup:

themidge

by themidge

So that's where your Campy went! And a very good place to go too :thumbup:

but fix your bar angle plz

KarlC

by KarlC

dudemanppl wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:24 pm
Keep it as is and get better wheels. And fix your bar angle...
Great quote, great build as usual,could use a black stem shim.

Looks great, more pix here for those in need....

https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/1998-col ... apei-36058
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I can't change the bar angle, these bars are shittily designed. If anyone has the hookup on some Zipp carbon traditional bend bars in 38 or 40, hmu tho.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

What do you mean you can't change the bar angle? You just loosen the stem bolts and rotate them forward a bit, no? Make the drops follow the line of your stem... althought with that -17 stem that would put your bars at pretty much in a parallel position to the ground. Those are Classic shaped bars, they should have a bit of a ramp down to the hoods. Maybe you didn't want that? If not, then yes... probably different bars are in order.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

These aren't a normal traditional bend bars. They're Ritchey Neoclassics, where the tops sweep forward instead of a usual 90 degree (almost) bend from the tops to ramps transition. I know how to set up a normal traditional bend bar... but unfortunately Ritchey does not know how to design a handlebar correctly.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmmm, not sure I know what you mean. Perhaps a pic from the top view, since I think that must be what you’re trying to describe. And there’s no real “right or wrong” way of setting up bars these days, since it’s all over the place. Preference rules, as long as you understand why your preference is the way it is. Sometimes I might ask if someone likes their bars set up the way they have them. And sometimes they have a good answer and end of story. But it’s amazing how many will respond with “I dunno, that’s just the way it’s always been”. Then I might suggest an alteration but only if I think it might suit them better.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

No, I don't like how the bars are set up either, I just can't do anything about it other than buy another pair of bars. The photo wouldn't help either, you'd have to try to set the bars up in real life. You'll just scream expletives at them. They're even set up really janky as of now.

RyanH

by RyanH

Looking at those bars if he rotated them down to be parallel the shifters would be angled down or you'd have to ride the shifters way up high on that bar.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I think the shifters are probably close to where they should be on the bars right now but too high due to the angle of the bars. I think a lot of people are just so used to seeing Shimano levers like pistol handles pointing up. I see quite a lot of setups where a Campy lever should just not be used on a certain bar as it just doesn’t work. Shimano is more versatile that way. SRAM levers can be more compatible with certain bars as well. I really hate the setups where the reach to the levers from the “hooks” is unmanageable either because of the radius of the curve on the bars or just where the levers have been set. I like to be able to reach the brakes from hoods or “in the hooks”. Then save the actual drops for just cruising along or getting lower.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com