H11 Aerocockpit length: 90 mm, width: 390 mm
SRAM Red eTap HRD 50/34, 11/28
Quarq SRAM Red Powermeter
Dura Ace Disc Rotors
DT Swiss ARC 1100 DICUT 80
Vittoria Corsa G+ 23/25 mm
Fizik Arione 00 Carbon

Have no weight yet. Feel free to comment but please stay fair :D

Edit: 7670 g ready to roll with pedals and bottle cages.
Last edited by cnyn on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rekhyt

by rekhyt

Might be the first bike i like the new Shimano rotors on. The rims are too deep for my taste, but it's pretty badass looking nontheless.

crux

by crux

Saw it already on instagram, stunning machine!

bencolem

by bencolem

Looks great (if heavy) - but surely you’d spin out with a 50T on an aero bike with 80mm rims?

cnyn

by cnyn

With 50/11 at 90 rpm you reach over 50 km/h. I'm not a pro so that's enough for me.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

:thumbup: Black out those DtSwiss decals, and you'll have a stealth bomber! :thumbup:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

TonyM

by TonyM

How is the handling of the 80mm compared to 50mm or 60mm?

cnyn

by cnyn

Until now I don't feel a real difference in handling between my 404s and the 80 DT Swiss.

cnyn

by cnyn

7670 g ready to roll with pedals and bottle cages.

dorin

by dorin

Can I pls ask how do the rotors go with the sram break pads? I tried them on my winter bike (endurace) and I got an histherical turkey every time I touched the breaks, wish sram rotors all good :(
Cheers,
Dorin

Gancherov

by Gancherov

I've heard some horror stories from my LBS about the tendency of Shimano rotors to get tweaked easily.
They said they adjust these for customers regularly and the final solution they recommend is switching to SRAM rotors.

There doesn't seem to be any argument that they have less heat capacity/shedding ability but to my mind that just means you need a different pad compound for intense downhill type use versus flat land use.

cveks

by cveks

TonyM wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 am
How is the handling of the 80mm compared to 50mm or 60mm?
I am asking same question. Especially on cross winds...

I am heavy rider (88 kg) but sometimes cross winds on 60 mm wide wheels I have on my Bianchi Oltre XR4 looks too much.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Aeroads are always yummy BUT - if you're "not a pro" why would you put 80mm rims on? :wink: those wheels look too deep combined with discs (which alone look stupid) and then again - 50t? come on :!:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

zmjones

by zmjones

Gancherov wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:44 am
I've heard some horror stories from my LBS about the tendency of Shimano rotors to get tweaked easily.
They said they adjust these for customers regularly and the final solution they recommend is switching to SRAM rotors.

There doesn't seem to be any argument that they have less heat capacity/shedding ability but to my mind that just means you need a different pad compound for intense downhill type use versus flat land use.
yea all the ice tech ones bend pretty easily because they are mostly aluminium. it isn't that hard to get/keep them straight though. if you are reasonably competent and semi-careful it isn't that big of a deal.

zmjones

by zmjones

tymon_tm wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:36 pm
Aeroads are always yummy BUT - if you're "not a pro" why would you put 80mm rims on? :wink: those wheels look too deep combined with discs (which alone look stupid) and then again - 50t? come on :!:
i mean nobody cruises around solo at that speed. pro or not. all this means is a very minor drive train efficiency hit. i race (admittedly at least semi-hilly circuit races) on one and spinning it isn't a problem. if you are going fast enough that you spin out 50/11 at 100 rpm sit on your top tube.

when the aeroad that i want is finally available in my size i'll put a compact on it i expect (and probably an 11-32!). steep hills + cobbles/crappy pavement + a non-ultralight bike + i am not always smashing the thing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com