2017 Emonda SLR 62 H1 - sub-6kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Clean39T

by Clean39T

New-to-me 2017 Emonda SLR 62 H1...

Initial build was with Red22 and came in a bit lighter, but I wanted to try out the lightly-used eTap setup I had waiting for it. I also had ordered in a Bontrager XXX integrated bar/stem that would have taken more off - unfortunately it was a bit too short for the build. And I've also got a pair of Xpresso 12s that would take more off and a SLR Carbon saddle. With all of that, some different cabling, and a couple other bits swapped out, I could get her just at 12-lbs. That's not where I'm going though. I want this to be an all-rounder, and so I'll be putting the Bonty XXX wheels up for sale and running this this with Aeolus 5 tubulars and/or Paradigm Elite clinchers depending on riding conditions...and with Bonty Elite skewers instead of the feathery Tune ones.

So far I've only had trainer miles on her - should be able to get out for a few hours tomorrow though and give her a proper breaking in.

colster

by colster

What brakes are those? They aren't listed on your build list...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Bontrager Speed Stops. Are those the first gen or second gen? The second gen are supposed to be a little lighter.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

colster wrote:What brakes are those? They aren't listed on your build list...
Whoops. I assume they are 2nd gen since the bike was built new Spring 2017..

I’m extremely impressed with how this bike rides. And I’m riding it with the alloy Paradigms since our roads are crap this time of year. It carries speed and climbs so freakin’ well. Just crazy.

Seedster

by Seedster

Unbelievable weight for your size. My goodness Trek really is pushing the envelope with Emonda!

Very thoughtful spec. First time i have liked eTap on anything. Congrats on the build.

Clean39T

by Clean39T

6.725kg as shown w Paradigm Elite wheels/skewers, Vittoria Open Pave CG 25 w latex, and Wahoo mount.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Truly a spectacular build, especially given the size. It's really hard to get large bikes down to those weights, especially given that it's not just the frame that's usually larger, but you've got to deal with marginal things that push up the weight, like wider bars, taller seat tubes, longer cables, etc. Enjoy it!

hlvd

by hlvd

That looks lovely for a 62cm!
I ride a slammed 62 H2 so could maybe ride a H1, looks so much nicer!
Subscribed!

morganb

by morganb

Looks well proportioned for a 62cm. How is the power/setup for the Speed Stops?

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Changed to a 120mm XXX stem, and that worked well for fit after dropping it all the way.

Also tried the Xpresso12s. And...I’ll be selling them. They are 100g lighter than my DA +4mm pedals, but I just prefer the feel of the DA.

Also am going to sell the eTap group and put this to DA9100. It’s been fun to play with, but again, I prefer the feel of DA hoods and shift-by-cable. Plus, that’ll give me an excuse to get the new DA PM.

I’m still very happy with the ride, handling, efficiency, etc. It flat out boogies.

jwalther

by jwalther

Do you have a DA groupset already? Maybe we would work a trade. . .

2023 Capitol Bicycles Custom Ti
2019 Felt Breed 30
2013 Co-Motion Supremo when the wife wants to ride

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That’s really nice, and so light! Who’d a thunk a bike this size could approach 14lbs. I’d really like to hear what you think about it’s behavior if you get a chance to crank it down some fast and technical descent. And kudos on the upgrades, those already done and those planned.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Clean39T

by Clean39T

jwalther wrote:Do you have a DA groupset already? Maybe we would work a trade. . .

I don’t, just have feelers out for pricing..

I might be able to work trade plus cash, just depends how many miles you have on yours at this point, and if the gear range works (mines 39/52, 11/26). Plus we have the problem of taking both our bikes off the road while doing the swap... Anyway, PM me if interested.

jwalther

by jwalther

Clean39T wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:03 pm
jwalther wrote:Do you have a DA groupset already? Maybe we would work a trade. . .

I don’t, just have feelers out for pricing..

I might be able to work trade plus cash, just depends how many miles you have on yours at this point, and if the gear range works (mines 39/52, 11/26). Plus we have the problem of taking both our bikes off the road while doing the swap... Anyway, PM me if interested.
Sorry, no pm privileges here. . .50/34, 175mm, 12/30 DA cassette. My group purchased new in July, so maybe 2k miles. Understand cash would be going your way if interested. My email is jwalther AT wgmfirm DOT com. Shoot me an email if you have any interest.
2023 Capitol Bicycles Custom Ti
2019 Felt Breed 30
2013 Co-Motion Supremo when the wife wants to ride

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I've got some Nemesis that will go nicely with your Dura Ace build! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com