Merry Xmas to me. New gravel masquerading as a commuter!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jrobart

by jrobart

I was inspired by RyanH and Imaking20’s recent Litespeed builds and decided to pull the trigger on a Litespeed T5 G frameset.

While I used my 2014 S-Works Crux to commute on this year, it just didn’t feel right. So I’ve been thinking about a dedicated commuter and then came along those two great threads. Plus, at the end of the day, I’m a real Ti guy, and have regretted parting with my Seven Mudhoney SL since I sold it last year. That was the gravel/commuter and the Crux just didn’t live up to the Mudhoney experience!

Anyway, I got a good deal on the Litespeed frame (it’s a 2017 which doesn’t have front fender mounts hence the clip ons), and I had a full Ultegra Di2 groupset sitting in the garage so the build didn’t break the bank!

It’s not a weenie by any stretch, but here are the build specs:

T5G frame (M/L)
Litespeed gravel fork
Cane Creek 40 headset
FSA expander plug and top cap
Zipp Service Course SL stem (120mm +\- 6 degrees)
Zipp Service Course SL 70 bars (44 cm)
Knurl bar tape
Thomson Masterpiece 31.6 seatpost
Brooks Swift saddle with TI rails
Ultegra Di2 groupset with hydraulic disc brakes
Shimano IceTech Centerlock rotors (160s)
Dura Ace 50/34 crankset
XTR 9020 pedals
Ksyrium Allroad Pro disc wheels
Clement LAS 33 mm tires
Bontrager tubes
SKS Raceblade Pro XL clip on mudguards

Better pictures once we thaw out here in the US Northeast

IMG_1755.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Wow! that is a great looking bike!

Why did you opt for the brooks saddle in stead of a more modern version? This makes the bike look a bit off and more like a touring bike to me.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrobart

by jrobart

Thanks Frankie!

I had the Brooks saddle sitting in the garage so I decided to start there, but suspect that I will change it in short order. I was a big fan on the Romin Pro (155mm) until Specialized shortened the length. I have a Berk Lupina (150mm) on my 622 that I love, but was a little worried that it may be a bit fragile for daily commute/gravel riding.

I'd welcome any suggestions on saddles that fit life the Romin Pro or the Lupina.
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |