Argon 18 Gallium Pro build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

Bike fit is not yet done, half the spacers will be gone, So no lambasting, please! :D :beerchug:

My Gallium Pro build, all done! Nimble, fast, and exciting!

The intention was to build a climber's bike, and what was certain was that the cost shouldn't outweigh the benefits, and to never compromise strength for the sake of lightness. Hence the choice of going for Ultegra R8000 brake callipers, they stop like nobody's business!
This was one month's worth of research and another two months for the components to arrive from all over the world, and finally be assembled. wasn't sure what to expect, but turned out to be fast, comfortable, and smooth. climbs like you are dragging nothing but a feather!

Last edited by RuskinAsh on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Nice bike, and nice weight too. That said, please confirm the spacer set-up with Argon18 if that is going to be your final position. Typically, 40mm is the max. allowed spacers below the stem for full carbon steerers for safety reasons, and with your current fit you seem to be beyond that.

Doesn’t this frame have the head tube extender thingies that allow you to make the head tube longer? You might want to use those instead.

rasmusic

by rasmusic

Shouldn't this one be in the The Freaks topic? :P

stormur

by stormur

According to forum standards : to OP : don't listen to haters and "nay-ers" , fabulous bike. Simply awesome ! WOW !!! I'm sure it fits you perfectly and rides as well as it looks !

Just ignore trolls !

PS :mrgreen: did some understood ? If not, there's no hope for you, and just feel very sorry for you.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Thats... unsafe

stormur

by stormur

Now seriously.
1. Why Ultegra brakes ? Force 22 are lighter and with better clearance... cheaper too.
2. Small size of frame, length of seatpost , 60mm stem and stack of spacers ( totally unsafe ! ) suggest issue with fit ... or you just did some assembly before adjustment to size...

Argon's are rather low stack frames, those with "pro" in name are even more...

If setup is correct, definitely something is VERY wrong with sizing.
Mark Twain

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

fa63 wrote:Nice bike, and nice weight too. That said, please confirm the spacer set-up with Argon18 if that is going to be your final position. Typically, 40mm is the max. allowed spacers below the stem for full carbon steerers for safety reasons, and with your current fit you seem to be beyond that.

Doesn’t this frame have the head tube extender thingies that allow you to make the head tube longer? You might want to use those instead.

Ha Ha...Yes, the spacers will be gone soon.

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

stormur wrote:Now seriously.
1. Why Ultegra brakes ? Force 22 are lighter and with better clearance... cheaper too.
2. Small size of frame, length of seatpost , 60mm stem and stack of spacers ( totally unsafe ! ) suggest issue with fit ... or you just did some assembly before adjustment to size...

1. The R8000 had better reviews than the Force 22s
2. Fit is yet to be done!

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Good Lord. Can't any of you read?!

stormur

by stormur

RuskinAsh wrote:

Did you consider difference in brake cable pull ratio between sram & shimano levers ? "performance" of shimano brakes paired with sram levers may surprise you a little. or a lot.
Mark Twain

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

stormur wrote:
RuskinAsh wrote:

Did you consider difference in brake cable pull ratio between sram & shimano levers ? "performance" of shimano brakes paired with sram levers may surprise you a little. or a lot.

Yup, it's perfect, and just the way I like it.

Swannie

by Swannie

I’m also using ultegra 8000 dm brakes on a sram group, it works perfect.

Nixster

by Nixster

And I'm guessing the centering thing is a whole lot less frustrating than using SRAM calipers too? My Red calipers suck in that respect.

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

Nixster wrote:And I'm guessing the centering thing is a whole lot less frustrating than using SRAM calipers too? My Red calipers suck in that respect.

The Red calipers have been known to have the centering issue.
The Ultegra was a straight forward setup, no hassle, once aligned stays aligned.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

Great looking build!!! I would say a lot of those spacers will be going away. The BB is super low on that frame so it evens out that little HT. Great riding frame though, sure you’ll love it