Argon 18 Gallium Pro build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

cveks

by cveks

I like your build a lot. Are brakes direct mount or dual pivot? It looks like direct mounts to me.

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

cveks wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 pm
I like your build a lot. Are brakes direct mount or dual pivot? It looks like direct mounts to me.
Thanks! The brakes are dual pivot.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

stormur wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:57 pm
1. Why Ultegra brakes ? Force 22 are lighter and with better clearance... cheaper too.
Pairing Shimano brakes with SRAM shifters results in a stronger initial 'bite' so less lever force to get the same braking. May result in less modulation though. That said I do find that Shimano brakes generally have better clearance than their SRAM counterparts. They (Shimano) are heavier but a hell of a lot stiffer.

Some may find the above combination of Shim/SRAM too grabby but I do prefer the on/off feel of the Shimano/SRAM pairing.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

crux

by crux

Which frame size is this?

jellytots

by jellytots

Looks like an XS - these Gallium Pro frames run long TT and reach, plus a long reach handlebar which might explain the short stem setup.

Looks like a nice build overall - finish built pics pls!