Scott Addict Premium Disc 2018

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

I'm pleased to present you my new all year around ride. It will replace the Endurace, that wasn't fully my taste. As I'm still very very happy with my Orica Addict, I tought I couldn't go wrong with the disc version of it. The bike is still unridden, time will tell if it's love again.

Bike out of the box, minus the spacer tower

I kept frame and groupset, but almost swapped all the other parts from the Endurace. The hydro hooses were shortened and as the front end seems a couple mm higher than the rim brake version (longer fork), I tried a -10° Pro stem instead of the usual -6° Ritcheys. Couple of pics :

140mm rotor swap. much cleaner without the adapter, and almost 40gr saved:

Weight incl Garmin, bottle cage etc, but without my 161gr Speedplays. Seatpost has to be cut and the saddle is my 'heavy' Toupé saddle. Will be swapped to the S-Works one of the other addict, or a Berk List. Don't know yet. Scale gives a veryfied 25gr more than real @ 5 kg. Target weight is 6.6kg all in. I will post the full build list later on :wink:

Mtek

by Mtek

I love it, very nice look and weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Delorre wrote:I'm pleased to present you my new all year around ride. It will replace the Endurace, that wasn't fully my taste. As I'm still very very happy with my Orica Addict, I tought I couldn't go wrong with the disc version of it. The bike is still unridden, time will tell if it's love again.

Bike out of the box, minus the spacer tower

:thumbup:
I really like the clean look and the colour is subtle
I'm keen to see your comparison between the rim and disc version of the same...ish bike.

weight is impressive for a disc bike
I'm struggling to get below 7kgs...probably as my wheels are 1500g but absolutely worth every gram
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

boots2000

by boots2000

Nice- I have that same exact bike.

I routed the DI2 wire in the same manner as you- But I shrink wrapped the wire to the disc housing.

I have yet to go the weight weenie route- But even so, mine is 7.26 kg with Enve 3.4 wheels, Dura-ace 9000 SRM, and 9100 pedals.

Delorre

by Delorre

boots2000 wrote:Nice- I have that same exact bike.

I routed the DI2 wire in the same manner as you- But I shrink wrapped the wire to the disc housing.

I have yet to go the weight weenie route- But even so, mine is 7.26 kg with Enve 3.4 wheels, Dura-ace 9000 SRM, and 9100 pedals.

Show us some pics of yours please! Question : what did you do with the port used for the di2 wire? In the meantime, I glued a piece of black plastic instead of the alu insert, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the look of it. Have to admit, the plastic piece was cut in a hurry, with some patience, I could do better for sure :oops: Do you use a rubber gromet were both cables exist the frame? There is not much space left to put something in it, but just enough for water to get in :?

Delorre

by Delorre

Here's the complete build list and weights. Most of them are verified ones or taken from others (for the 9170 components mostly, didn't want to take the whole bike apart to weight everything...or forgot to weight them :oops: )

TonyM

by TonyM

Nice bike!!!

@ Delorre:
Why did you go with the Roval instead of the DT Swiss?

Delorre

by Delorre

TonyM wrote:Nice bike!!!

@ Delorre:

Thx!!

I invested in a pair of Rovals last year to upgrade my alloy DT wheels that came with the Endurace. And, as those Rovals are one of the lightest 'stock' clincher disc wheels out there and as I prefer the shallower look frmo the Rovals vs he DT's from the Addict, I kept the Rovals. They are also much wider internally and so, even better suited to 25mm tyres or for the few occasions I will run 28mm tyres.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Am I the only one who can't see anyone's images hosted on postimg?

Sounds like a dope bike based on description alone.

TonyM

by TonyM

jbaillie wrote:Am I the only one who can't see anyone's images hosted on postimg?

Sounds like a dope bike based on description alone.

I see all pictures!

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

I am trying to figure out how your lovely bike came in at such a low weight....I have a Cervelo R5d with a lighter frame (in theory....but Cervelo tends to be fairly accurate with their published weights and I have not had a chance to weigh), the same components, Enve wheels that are ~100 grams heavier, and yet it comes it at 7 kg. What am I missing? Wish I could get the weight down a bit more.....

Very nice ride!

Delorre

by Delorre

NYCPrynne wrote:I am trying to figure out how your lovely bike came in at such a low weight....I have a Cervelo R5d with a lighter frame (in theory....but Cervelo tends to be fairly accurate with their published weights and I have not had a chance to weigh), the same components, Enve wheels that are ~100 grams heavier, and yet it comes it at 7 kg. What am I missing? Wish I could get the weight down a bit more.....

Very nice ride!

All the small things add up : light latex innertubes, light TA's without lever, light bartape, WW expander, seatpost and handlebar are fairly light ones, I use blue Shwalbe rimtape instead of the heavy stock rimtape (almost saved met 40gr!!) and so on. My Endurace was 7,3kg out of the box without pedals, bottlecages, garmin,... , and with some tweaking, got it to 6.9 kg incl pedals and everything :wink:

Don't forget your frame may be lighter, but fork is more heavy, you have a proprietary 'heavy' seatpost, frame specific TA's and so on. That was one of the reasons it didn't made it till the final round. Have you already post a pic of your bike. Would like to see how it turned out :)

boots2000

by boots2000

I am also waiting on a set of Roval CLX32 disc wheels.
They are lighter than my Enve wheels, have good aero quality, and are tubeless compatable- What else could you want for a bike like this?

TonyM wrote:Nice bike!!!

@ Delorre:

boots2000

by boots2000

I will get some pics up-
For now I just have tape over the DI2 insert on the non-drive side.
On the cable side I made the shrink wrap so that a small portion goes into the hole for the brake housing/DI2 wire- It fits pretty snug. I don't think it invited water to get in-

In the long run I may make my own plug out of Sugru- I just got some.

Delorre wrote:
boots2000 wrote:Nice- I have that same exact bike.

Show us some pics of yours please! Question : what did you do with the port used for the di2 wire? In the meantime, I glued a piece of black plastic instead of the alu insert, but I'm not 100% satisfied with the look of it. Have to admit, the plastic piece was cut in a hurry, with some patience, I could do better for sure :oops: Do you use a rubber gromet were both cables exist the frame? There is not much space left to put something in it, but just enough for water to get in :?

Delorre

by Delorre

As the bike has been ridden for something like 1000km, I think I'm able to give a first update and ride report of the bike and a quick comparison with the rim brake version.

*this one behaves almost like all the Scott's I've had and loved: light, stiff, responsive and lively when out of the saddle, very good power transfer, also when seated
*maybe a result of wide 21mm internal rims, but the ride is more compliant than the rim version (same tyres + innertubes, but 17mm internal Bora 35's). A welcome +, as the ride of the rim version is on the very firm side!
*after the last updates (see lower), the weight difference with the rim version is a mere 200gr. Weight penalty is hardly felt. Great 8)
*I've ridden disc's on the Endurace, so not mush new here, apart that lever feel is much nicer on the new DA levers vs old 785's. Also less lever travel. The occasional disc sounds in the wet and after a hard brake remains. Not much you can do about it I'm affread. But it's not a show or fun stopper.
*As mentionned in an other topic, the disc version is more affected by side winds. Reason is unknown, as the geo and the riding position is identical to the rim version. I will try the Sram centerline X rotors, and see if they catch less wind. In normal wind situation like today (2-3 bf), the stearing is calm and almost not affected. It's only in nearly stormy conditions like the last weeks that the bike is noticably more thrown around than the rim version.

On to the updates. Last week, a Superlogic seatpost with 15mm offset instead of 25mm offset arrived, along with a Berk Lupina 132 saddle in UD matt. Besides a more centered saddle on the rails, the real nice bonus is a weight reduction of 120gr. For an accurate figure, I weighted the bike without wheels (but with everything else like bottle cages and Garmin) and both wheels (incl TA's) separately on a 1gr accurate kitchen scale. Result : 6537gr. Will post scale shots later on, as i didn't had the phone by hand when I weighted the bike. The comfort of the Lupina seems more than OK. Today's 130km wet ride was the first on this saddle. Will see after tomorrows 120km ride if the feeling remains postive.

In image after today's bike wash. (Sorry for the crap indoor garage pics! :oops: It was already dark outside)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com