Hitting Reset: My Litespeed T2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

kurisu

by kurisu

:beerchug: One thing's for sure there's something special about titanium frames with campy stuff.
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

by Weenie

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Imaking20 wrote:Edit: but don't everyone go out and buy one. The last thing I want is for there to be a new LS build on this forum every 3 days like there is with SS Evo :p

Shit, I best not put my Evo build up once it starts :lol:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Seriously though, loving this building!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks, so am I!

I swapped the post for a Superlogic and glued some Vlaanderen onto my Reynolds last night. Waiting for some goodies from Toronto Cycles and a package from PBK now and I think she'll be buttoned up for awhile. I also acquired some Nemesis but it seems Ryan beat me to the fun on that launch party...
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

gurk700

by gurk700

pffft. I can't even touch my r6 lap times on my RSV4 :lol:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Hahaha! :beerchug:

One and done on the Vlaanderens. Not enough fork clearance.

Good thing I just ordered 2 sets of 27s and a set of 28s :doh:
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

DOUG

by DOUG

Imaking20 wrote:It's been awhile since I rode my 46 Aero, I forgot just how good they are. Stiffness/spin-up that rivals CCU, braking that easily rivals Boras (if not better), and holds speed better than both.

Seriously considering a set of these in tubs for my Canyon Aeroad. They're not cheap that's for sure but everything I've read rates them very highly. Have you riddne Enve 4.5's? Would be interested in any first hand comparisons as these are the other option I'm looking at.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Yeah, I actually had a set of 4.5 tubulars on CK hubs that I sold after doing a back to back ride on those and my Aero 58s. The Enves won out in bling factor (depending on the bike) but lost in stiffness, spin up, braking, and holding speed. The 58s were a more jarring ride than the 4.5s but that's not to say the ride of the Enve was all that desirable. I went from the 58 (my third set) to the 46s looking for a little more compliance and a more balanced aesthetic. I'd say they give up very little top end speed to the 58 and do take the edge off a little. They're not quite as compliant as the Bora 35, but the margin is much closer than comparing the 58 to the Bora - and the wheels are much, much more lively than the Boras. I spent the last few months on my Boras and had it in my head that the braking was better and they were much more compliant. This ride above - I remembered how wrong I was. The ride is quite close and I ultimately prefer the braking of the Reynolds to the Boras - which are also excellent.
Current:
T2

Retired:

DOUG

by DOUG

Thanks! Good to have some perspective. I'm currently on 66mm Reynolds Strike clinchers and they are super stiff. Id imagine the difference in ride quality going from 66m clinchers to 46mm tubs is going to be quite marked. I'm pretty lightweight as well so whilst crosswind performance is passable I find them a bit of a handful when the wind picks up.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Totally different ball game going from that generation Reynolds to the Aero. I had a set of Assault/Strike and they were definitely a bit challenged in the wind and didn't ride all that interesting. The shape of the Aero, for me, is the best performer I've ridden in heavy wind. It's almost like the faster you go the more firmly they hold their line.
Current:
T2

Retired:

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

different seatposts between the two last pics?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Good eye. The older photos have a Deda Superleggera seatpost - newer photos are on Ritchey Superlogic. Waiting for a little aesthetic tuning before taking glamour shots :)
Current:
T2

Retired:

Denavelo

by Denavelo

What fork comes on the Litespeed T2? Is it a Litespeed made carbon fork?
Bummer about the Vlaanderen tires not fitting, because they're my favorite tire right now.
Upgrade that fork to something with more clearance!
Speedvagen Road Machine "2011 Surprise me | Cannondale SuperSix Evo | Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Firefly Ti #419

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I believe the T2 comes with a Litespeed branded fork when you order a frameset from them. I bought the frame by itself and acquired the fork separately. The T1sl will come with the same 3T Rigida LTD I have on my bike.

I'm good though, I'll stick with this fork. The Vlaanderen was a smoother ride on chipseal, by a little bit, but I was surprised to not feel any improvement over dirt and gravel. I ran 75/85 psi front/rear and there was already a little squish from the rear. Going lower for rougher tarmac would mean a ride I enjoyed even less for the other 90% of the time. I think a 25mm tire is a great balance for my preferences. And again, the roads around my new place are so smooth that I hardly need to justify a larger volume tire for the majority of my time on asphalt. I've come across very little chipseal - let alone broken and beat up asphalt. I've also been super pleased to come across a new stretch of smooth, hard packed dirt/gravel about once a week. I'm in love.

I wish the same construction of the Vlaanderen was available in a smaller tire though. I really, really like this tread pattern and the tire feels very supple in the hand.
Current:
T2

Retired:

glepore

by glepore

Agree with all of the above. Roubaix are just about perfect 98% of the time. Just came across some Dugast silk 25's cheap, will see how they go. Not double blind as they'll be on Ventoux and the Roubaix are on standards.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Cannondale SS Evo Di2 7970 (5.79); Willier Cento Uno Air Di2 9070 (7.0); C40 Mk2 DA 7800 ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie