Hitting Reset: My Litespeed T2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

AndreLM

by AndreLM

RyanH wrote:Good luck finding the tools to install the Overtorque cranks.

I actually didn't know OT tools were that hard to find. Finding anything Campy here is almost impossible, so hardly anyone uses it.

@Imaking20 great bike, and excellent weight. You chose your components wisely. Hope you enjoy riding it.

Did you get the 3T fork with the bike? It seems they are including their own fork these days.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I actually snagged the fork off ebay. I like the look of it and only 262g after sanding and trimming the steerer is awesome.

Another short ride today and this bike is rad. I wasn't looking for something more compliant than the C60 - which was plenty comfortable - so the reduction in road buzz is a bonus. The goal was a more resilient frame and I didn't want a bike that squished when I jumped on it. Most of my riding these days is more casual but if the bike ever felt like a sponge it would eat at me. I put in a couple uphill sprints and the bike loved it. Zero noticeable deflection and the rear wheel stays planted a lot better than a few carbon bikes I've owned.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

by Weenie

RyanH

by RyanH

SRAM Red is 347g for just the arms. Add 103g for Cannondale MKV rings/no nuts and 65g for FSA PF30 and you have 515g complete. Considering that a THM Clavicula SE needs a ~90g BB, the system weight of the Red PF30 setup is only around 25g heavier at about 20% the cost (street prices).

@stormur never say never. Your BSA BB can have non concentric threads or problems if the shell wasn't faced and reamed properly. In metal bikes, PF30 is pretty simple to implement. I've done about 20k miles in the last two years on around 11 different bikes with PF30 and they've all been fine. I'm probably close to approaching a statistically significant sample size.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

sib

by sib

Do you have a weight for just the frame?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Of course!

I'll post a detailed build sheet with weights when I get back to my computer on Monday.
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

sib

by sib

That's a very nice weight.
I'm saving for a steel frame at the moment, but this is making me have second thoughts.

Did you consider steel at all?

stormur

by stormur

RyanH wrote:@stormur never say never. Your BSA BB can have non concentric threads or problems if the shell wasn't faced and reamed properly. In metal bikes, PF30 is pretty simple to implement. I've done about 20k miles in the last two years on around 11 different bikes with PF30 and they've all been fine. I'm probably close to approaching a statistically significant sample size.

You are just a hair from conclusion that PF30 is better than BSA :mrgreen:
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

eric01

by eric01

lmaking20 - that's an awesome looking bike. Don't let the nay sayers put you down.

Re: your opinion on switching to ti from carbon. Why not keep one of each? Some days I feel like riding my carbon bike and some days my Ti. Both are great rides
AX Lightness Vial Evo, Carl Strong Titanium

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks. I'm not bothered by the trolls.

I just prefer having a single bike is all. The C60 was too pretty to risk any more.
Current:
T2

Retired:

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Lovely stuff. I always think Litespeeds look great. I'd definitely consider one if I get the urge to try something different.

evan326

by evan326

stormur wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:Thanks. I'm not bothered by the trolls.

But you won't cry ? Or you will ? :mrgreen:

Grow up and let it go.

Imaking20, nice replacement. :thumbup:

AZR3

by AZR3

So sweet looking, I really like the clean look of Ti. Etap would have been cool but I think it is pretty damn nice as is, well done

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Great bike. Great build. Stormur has another example to add to his list of mistakes. I have 3 pf30 frames that make no noise (out of 3). And there is no way in hell that a campy crank is lighter.
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Build list:

Current:
T2

Retired:

kantcantcamp

by kantcantcamp

i like the reasoning for selling a c60 for getting this frame. was very close to doing something similar, but found a bargain deal on a great carbon frameset.

by Weenie