Bianchi Reparto Corse SL Lite Alloy

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

carmelobymelo

by carmelobymelo

Around half a year ago an idea to build a vintage bike has come to my mind. I wanted to start from having just a frame or frame and fork, so I started to browse eBay and local auctions. Finally one day I saw exactly what I needed. Obviously I won the auction and it started. The frame I bought is Bianchi Reparto Corse SL Lite Alloy with original Bianchi carbon fork with aluminium steerer.

Close-up photos of old frame and fork - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... ktKNHZlbk0

It's clear that new paint job was needed and having a real professional nearby I paid him a visit where we discussed how to put a new life into the frame. Three weeks later when I saw the outcome of his work, I already knew that it was a great idea to build this bike.

Photos taken during the pain job - https://imgur.com/a/gyx4N

We got rid of all the stickers and now the only sticker is the Bianchi logo on the headtube and a small logo on fork.

Having the frameset ready for the build I started to look for other components, Italian frame needs Italian groupset so Campagnolo was the only choice I had. I looked for Record or Super Record 11s and after a couple of months I completed all the groupset parts I needed.
At the moment I am waiting for the last pieces like BB cups, cables, housing, headset and hopefully the build will start at the beginning of December.

Current specification:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deano87

by deano87

Lovely! Paint job came out great
The Journey is more important than the Destination!

kgt

by kgt

I preferred the original paintjob TBH but the new one looks nice and simple too.

kidrob

by kidrob

Oh wow, yeah! Very nice project! Looking at the pics made during/before the painting it was the right choice and the result looks great!

You sure you want to go for Zipp Bars and Stem? Looking at the bike and other parts, only Deda (Italian) seems the more "emotional" right choice? :)

Dont forget to replace the bottle holder bolts btw ;)

carmelobymelo

by carmelobymelo

kidrob wrote:Oh wow, yeah! Very nice project! Looking at the pics made during/before the painting it was the right choice and the result looks great!

You sure you want to go for Zipp Bars and Stem? Looking at the bike and other parts, only Deda (Italian) seems the more "emotional" right choice? :)

Dont forget to replace the bottle holder bolts btw ;)

I prefer aero handlebars and that's why I chose Zipp bars, stem is classic looking PRO, not that thick Zipp Sprint SL stem. Aero bars along with 60mm deep carbon rims will make the bike more modern and we'll see how it fits together.

SampsC50

by SampsC50

This is going to be awesome! :beerchug:
Trek Madone 9 Project One
Colnago C50 PR11

Ex: Eddie Merckx EMX-7, Colnago Master, Rose Pro SL Carbon

Boshk

by Boshk

nice!! old bianchi came with BSA?? I would have thought it would be Italian threaded.

carmelobymelo

by carmelobymelo

Boshk wrote:nice!! old bianchi came with BSA?? I would have thought it would be Italian threaded.

I checked the threads and the directions on both sides are different and it is BSA indeed.

kgt

by kgt

Alu Bianchis were usually BSA. Steel were ITA.

Look565w

by Look565w

You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Thanks for sharing your project!

Cheers

carmelobymelo

by carmelobymelo

Look565w wrote:You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Carmelobymelo, I'm intrigue with your frame's head tube bearing set-up, what bearings will you be using?

Cheers

To figure out what headset is needed I will need to consult with my LBS

Does anyone have any ideas?

garjo

by garjo

carmelobymelo wrote:
Look565w wrote:You can't really go wrong with a celeste Bianchi :-) Looking forward to seeing the final build!

Cheers

Firstly you need to know if the steerer tube is 1'' or 1-1/8'', IMO it should be 1-1/8''
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

carmelobymelo

by carmelobymelo

garjo wrote:
carmelobymelo wrote:

Cheers

Firstly you need to know if the steerer tube is 1'' or 1-1/8'', IMO it should be 1-1/8''

Steerer is 1", previous owner used an adapter for 1-1/8 stem

glepore

by glepore

Cane creek has a headset finder based on measurements on their website. I recall that the oem headset was Cane Creek.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com