Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-Mod build - 4.925kgs

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

Amazing bike you built!

I just started a similar project and got my 48cm 2017 SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod yesterday from one of my buddies. So a few questions, but first the reason I am building this bike is specific for a few hillclimb events in the New England area. I will run a single front chainring with Dura Ace 9000.

1) The stock fork was damaged and replaced with a non-SuperSix Cannondale fork that weights in a mighty 388grams. So, anyone selling a 2017/18 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD fork? Nothing available on eBay right now.

2) It has the hollow gram cranks, but not the SISL2. I will be running a singe front chainring, so will I save much weight if I upgrade to the SISL2?

3) What lay back seatpost do you recommend?

Looking to get this bike in the low 13lb range. Given its small size and no front derailleur or dual rings, I don’t think this should take much. I have a set of the Bontrager XXX bar/stem combo coming and I have Zipp 202s, but may do something lighter.

Thank you,
George.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

SSDaytona wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm
Amazing bike you built!

I just started a similar project and got my 48cm 2017 SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod yesterday from one of my buddies. So a few questions, but first the reason I am building this bike is specific for a few hillclimb events in the New England area. I will run a single front chainring with Dura Ace 9000.

1) The stock fork was damaged and replaced with a non-SuperSix Cannondale fork that weights in a mighty 388grams. So, anyone selling a 2017/18 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD fork? Nothing available on eBay right now.

2) It has the hollow gram cranks, but not the SISL2. I will be running a singe front chainring, so will I save much weight if I upgrade to the SISL2?

Looking to get this bike in the low 13lb range. Given its small size and no front derailleur or dual rings, I don’t think this should take much. I have a set of the Bontrager XXX bar/stem combo coming and I have Zipp 202s, but may do something lighter.

Thank you,
George.
1) PM me, I have a new style HiMod fork I can sell.

2) I saved around 130grams with my SiSL2 setup over a std SI setup

3) That’s all down to personal preference and fit.

and a little update on the bike, I decided to put it on a weight gain diet, unheard of I know, now sitting at around 5.9kgs, I also added a downtube decal which I think really works for it

Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

SSDaytona wrote:Amazing bike you built!

Thank you,
George.
No secret I am a big Darimo fan, he made the lightest seat post in the world, they are not even the most expensive and he does custom builds without extras...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

Peeza21, thank you and I cannot PM yet, but I sent you an email.

C36, thank you and I will look at them. I am still new to lightweight world, but given the small size of this frame, I think it could be extremely light once done!

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

Peeza21, thank you and I cannot PM yet, but I sent you an email.

C36, thank you and I will look at them. I am still new to lightweight world, but given the small size of this frame, I think it could be extremely light once done!

C36

by C36

SSDaytona wrote:Peeza21, thank you and I cannot PM yet, but I sent you an email.

Mine ( zero offset) is 72g in 270mm, w/ offset you will be in the 85g or so.

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

I am looking for a few parts for my SuperSix EVO build:

1) 25.4mm, 0 offset seatpost. The lighter, the better!
2) 170mm SiSL2 cranks only
3) SuperSix EVO HiMod fork for 2017+ framese. Looking for a minimum steerer tube length of 172mm

I need to find the seatpost asap, so let me know what you have.

Thank you
George.

KB

by KB

SSDaytona wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:56 pm
I am looking for a few parts for my SuperSix EVO build:

1) 25.4mm, 0 offset seatpost. The lighter, the better!
I need to find the seatpost asap, so let me know what you have.
Recently bought a Hilix 25.4 post. Mine was straight, but I think they do an offset version. When cut mine weighed 141g.

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

Thank you and I am looking at the Helix as well, but am concerned about the durability. I am only 63kg and the bike is only used for hill climb events, so may do this if I cannot source something else.

C36

by C36

SSDaytona wrote:Thank you and I am looking at the Helix as well, but am concerned about the durability. I am only 63kg and the bike is only used for hill climb events, so may do this if I cannot source something else.
63kg and exclusively hill-climb? You won’t have any durability problem with this option or even lighter ones!

SSDaytona

by SSDaytona

Thank you C36. Went ahead and ordered one.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

For sale ads are only allowed in the For sale thread, Thanks!

Peeza21

by Peeza21

robbosmans wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:37 pm
For sale ads are only allowed in the For sale thread, Thanks!
:noidea:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The post in question has been deleted

Peeza21

by Peeza21

robbosmans wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:20 pm
The post in question has been deleted
Threads been dead 2 years, was it worth digging it up to hear your own keyboard sounds?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com