New Colnago V2-R TNBK (6723g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

corky

by corky

Have seen the satin red in the flesh, if i was getting one this is the colour I’d plump for.

creed444

by creed444

awesome bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Time for some feedback on riding the V2-R
My other bikes are a Parlee Z5 and a custom Columbus steel Jonesman for comparison.
I was expecting a good ride quality from the Colnago, but was totally blown away by the V2-R. I anticipated it to feel really stiff being semi-aero, and the fact that Colnago has made the headtube 4% and BB 13% stiffer than the V1-R.
I immediately noticed that the front end felt lighter than the Z5. Steering is very direct and handling is nimble. On a fast group ride the bike felt fast, and very stable at high speed with excellent cornering ability.
Road vibration is nicely damped without feeling disconnected, and there is less vibration transmitted through the bars than my Parlee.
So far I have only done a few rides including an 80km ride, but the impression is that the bike will be comfortable on longer rides.
The fit has been dialled in, matching up perfectly to my Parlee. Saddle tip to handlebar is 1mm longer than my Parlee. Saddle height and setback is the same (812mm and 60mm) and saddle to bar drop is 80mm.
The wheelbase of the Colnago is 29mm longer than the Parlee which might account for the comfortable ride (I’m no expert on frame geo)
Both bikes are on 25mm tyres to make the comparison fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Ozrider on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)

Ozrider

by Ozrider

This bike has exceeded my expectations in terms of ride quality. I now understand what Colnago owners rave about.
I know this is WW but I’m participating in a few UCI and Cycling Australia sanctioned events so weight is not a priority.
I will be “optimising” this bike with Kogel ceramic bearings and derailleur pulleys, and a YBN Titanium chain from Zero Friction lubed with Molten Speed Wax.
On the distant horizon are a set of either Enve or FSE “stealth” wheels built using Extralite or Carbon-Ti hubs.

WR74

by WR74

Usually larger size bikes resembles farm gates, but this is stunning. The red logo's on the wheels actually compliment the build well IMHO. Well done Sir.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

micky

by micky

Cosidering the big size, 6.7xx is not bad at all.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Definitely a quality build. I've got nothing against the wheels, and ditto the bar/stem (I understand the budgetary issues). What happened to your Madone? Did you juts want to upgrade?

Congrats on the bike, BTW!

Ozrider

by Ozrider

@FIJIGabe - the Madone frameset is for sale.
I have wanted a Colnago for a while and the planets lined up to obtain the frame, wheels and group set at a fantastic price

chris8382

by chris8382

Ozrider wrote:To some it may seem blasphemous to build a Colnago with anything but Campagnolo, but my other bikes are all Dura Ace, and my wife and sons bikes are Shimano, so in the interest of keeping wheel changes, spare cassettes and chains etc as simple as possible, I opted for Dura Ace.

I faced the same challenge and solved it a different way. Went all Campy 11 on the Colnago, except used a Shimano-compatible rear hub (knowing that 11-sp is 11-sp is 11-sp). Now I have all Campy on the Colnago, but use an Ultegra cassette to allow wheel changes and spare cassette matches with my other bikes.

Oddly enough, I have also gone to the same set-up on my tri-bike (all Campy 11 except the rear hub/cassette).

Ozrider

by Ozrider

I just received these in the mail from Zero Friction Cycling.
A YBN Ti chain and Molten Speed Wax. I’m looking forward to trying them out.
The weight is for an uncut chain that has had ultrasonic cleaning and been waxed.
I’m still waiting for some Kogel Bearings, Black Ti bolts and a few tuning bits to finish off this project.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Ozrider

by Ozrider

s1ay3d wrote:clean af!

[emoji106][emoji41] Trying out the Molten Speed Wax - so far its impressive.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Received this 3D printed Exposure light mount from Zak @Skunkworks
It screws under the Garmin mount tidying up the front end [emoji41]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

These arrived in the mail today.
I will be ordering the Kogel BB and a complete set of wheel bearings to finish off “optimising” my drivetrain.
It will be interesting to see if there is any discernible difference over the standard bearings.