with:
Stan’s Sealant in both tubulars
2 x bottle cages
Pedals
K-Edge Garmin Mount with a 3D printed Exposure light mount attached
Cadence magnet
Cadence sensor
Chain freshly waxed with Molten Speed Wax

I’m sure I can remove 12g by trimming some cables, etc. or I could easily swap in my Edge 1.38 Tubulars that are 140g lighter.
As I have my Parlee Z5 as a lighter climbing bike I’m not too fussed about weight, as the Colnago is used mainly for flatter faster rides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ozrider

by Ozrider

The next upgrade is a Kogel Ceramic BB and Kogel Ceramic wheelbearings. I’ve always been interested in trying decent ceramic bearings to see if there is any discernible difference.

Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Great bike!
I’m also looking at the V2-R. Did you also get some bits and pieces to build a Di2 junction in de downtube or isn’t that possible?

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Daniel1975 wrote:Great bike!
I’m also looking at the V2-R. Did you also get some bits and pieces to build a Di2 junction in de downtube or isn’t that possible?
The bike comes with the port covers for Di2
It is compatible with mechanical or electronic groupsets
I built is with mechanical due to budget, but I might upgrade to electronic next year.
The ride quality on the V2-R is impressive.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

I know you get de port covers. But is is possible to build the RS910 port in the downtube? Like on the Pina F10 for example. So you do not need the junction under the stem.

joe1234

by joe1234

SUPERB this Colnago!!! :beerchug:

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Cable routing has also been cleaned up. The V2-r inherits a few tricks from the Concept aero bike launched last summer, namely a port on the top of the down tube into which the gear cables are routed. It can also house a Di2 junction box as well if using an electronic groupset. The rear brake cable meanwhile runs through inside the top tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonoi

by moonoi

I've just placed an order for a 56 Concept, believe the geometry for this and the concept is the same, so now I'm worried whether there is enough seat post for my saddle height (822mm) since our heights and measurements are very similar.

Out of interest and assuming my concern is not a problem, what made you go for the 58, over 56?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozrider

by Ozrider

@moonoi
Geometry and stack/reach was pretty close to my Parlee Z5
The V2-R is set up identical to my Z5 and with saddle height and setback set the same (same saddle on both bikes) the saddle tip to bar centre and saddle tip to hood measurement is about 1mm different.
The 56 would have needed a 130mm stem and the head tube was too short, requiring too many spacers.

derosa2000

by derosa2000

Ozrider wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 am
Hi guys
Thanks for the comments.
@ bencolem - The Bontrager bar and stem came off my Madone. If you read through my post you will see they are on a list of planned upgrades. Money ran out so they will have to do duty for a while.
I’m either going to have them stripped down and clear coated, or replaced with a barstem combo.
I already had the wheels and they only have about 500km on them, so I can’t afford to replace them.
I have a set of FFWD F6R’s with white logos, a set of Edge 1.38’s and a set of handbuilt alloy clinchers in stealth black which I might swap out. For racing the FFWD’s are a great all round wheel, have far better braking specially in the wet, and they are more aero than the 10 year old Edge 1.38’s, which are admittedly 130g lighter. Sometimes in life it’s practicality that wins over.
I’m looking forward to riding this and getting a direct comparison with my Parlee.
Once all the upgrades are done I’m sure it will be a fantastic bike that I’m very happy with Image
@jimaizumi - I wanted the TNRD but the Australian distributor only brought in 2 size 58’s both in TNBK, and I have a big race in three weeks so I went with the Black on Black with a touch of silver.
The Satin Red is only available as a complete bike at
AUD $11 999.00.

from now satin red or TNMR code is available as frame set too ..

moonoi

by moonoi

derosa2000 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 pm
from now satin red or TNMR code is available as frame set too ..
Unfortunately, some distributors don't want to bring in the framesets, as they feel that it devalues the former limited edition, that was sold as a complete bike earlier. I know that the same distributors have also complained to Colnago to stop releasing limited edition bikes, and then the following year going on to release it as a standard colour avaiable to order as a frameset only, as the customers who bought the limited edition version complain like hell about it, as essentially what was sold as limited edition, no longer is...and that is important to a lot of people who buy Colnagos in Asia.

That means people who want one have to order via Maestro or some other dealer abroad and then get stung for crazy import duties and vat, and finally have to accept not having a warranty since the local distributor then won't deal with you and it's too expensive to send back to where you bought it from in the event you need to make a warranty claim.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

So I am looking at the geometry charts on the Colnogo site for the V2 and was caught off guard by the O measurement for TT horizontal. When I zoomed in I noticed it starts from the front of the head tube to the center of the seat tube. When I added the SCS and Reach which appears to be TT horizontal for the 54S C-C it adds up to only 538mm. When I looked at the geometry chart for the C64, the O shows C-C TT horizontal. I realize they are two different framesets but O should be the same no matter what frame your looking at from Colnogo. My question is, would that be mislabling on the charts for O. Can anyone tell me which measurement would be true for horizontal C-C. I need a 56 TT for my new frameset. O on the 54S is 565 which if it was C-C horizontal would fit me properly.
I know this is long winded but any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Apparently the geometry chart on the Colnogo site for the V2R in a 54 must be wrong in comparisons to all the major bike shops state side. In fact Colorado Cyclist have a TT chart for this very frameset which makes me think maybe I am not the only one questioning this very thing.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

The measurement you are concerned about (0) is 565mm. That is correct. Reach and Scs figures are a bit misleading in the diagram. They are not additive to give you the "O" (effective horizontal TT) which I think is what you want to know. For one thing, the Effective TT measurement is from the center of the headtube where the top tube intersects (which can in itself be a little confusing on sloping frames), whereas the reach point is at the very top of the headtube (center). Also, the SCS rear intersect point is where the top tube intersects the seat tube, which is much lower than the virtual intersect point for determining the effective top tube length. The diagram is somewhat misleading, which is probably why they aren't including Scs numbers in the C64 geo chart.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Thanks Calnago, I started to freak out a little when I looked at the Colnogo V2R Geometry and especially the seat tube angle showing 73.1 degrees for the 54s. I started to check all sites state side for geometry and that give me much needed relief. One of the major reasons I am looking to purchase this frame is for the geometry itself as most manufacturers are leaning toward steeper seat tube angles for there aero frames. This doesnt work for my knees as I need to be over the back end of the bike old school.