Life after aero

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Judging by his riding position and the fact that he's using a Power/Power Arc saddle I don't think the Lupina or Leaf will work as well. Looks like there's a lot of hip rotation happening which would favour the Power.

Could also be completely wrong but that'll be my guess.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

SLCBrandon wrote:You’ll love it. After 20+ bikes my Evo on Lightweights is the best all around bike I’ve likely ever owned.

Damn.

jdc5r

by jdc5r

I actually have berk saddles but the Power made that much of an impression on me when i first put it on, it was just a default choice for me. Maybe one day i will go back and try something else!

One of the last pieces of the puzzle.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

jdc5r wrote:I actually have berk saddles but the Power made that much of an impression on me when i first put it on, it was just a default choice for me.

Totally understandable. Saddles are incredibly important to get right (and stay right).

jever98

by jever98

jdc5r wrote:I actually have berk saddles but the Power made that much of an impression on me when i first put it on, it was just a default choice for me. Maybe one day i will go back and try something else!

Nice! Is that an Evo tlo? What is the weight? I'm also looking at getting one
----
No longer in the industry

jdc5r

by jdc5r

jever98 wrote:
jdc5r wrote:I actually have berk saddles but the Power made that much of an impression on me when i first put it on, it was just a default choice for me. Maybe one day i will go back and try something else!

Nice! Is that an Evo tlo? What is the weight? I'm also looking at getting one

EVO SL. Really light bar's scare me (even though it will probably be alright) so i chose to have some additional material there.

Tan wall's go great with black frames. It didn't go great with the madone's orange. Still, i am undecided whether i will run it on this bike or not. My preference are the GP4000s as that is what i have used for a long time.

What do you guys reckon. Black or tan.

jever98

by jever98

GP4000s are awesome. If you go tan, would go for the light gray / whiteish side wall Vittorias
----

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Looks great already!!!!!!
Tan sidewalls al the way!

kgt

by kgt

+1
The castrated saddle is not looking that great but I guess you like it so...

bilwit

by bilwit

tan looks best, but the contis might weigh less?

also, how close is the position to your Madone?

jdc5r

by jdc5r

bilwit wrote:tan looks best, but the contis might weigh less?

Good question, the stack height is pretty much similar. The reach however is about 20-30mm less. Initial plan was to decrease reach but get lower. -12 stem wont be enough to do that.

However, the advantage of a conventional bike means that i can swap stem/seatposts to test. I can either up the stem reach to 140mm or go to -17 or even try an offset seatpost.

jever98

by jever98

if you were happy with your saddle position, wouldn't push it further back to get reach.
----

bilwit

by bilwit

jdc5r wrote:
bilwit wrote:tan looks best, but the contis might weigh less?

Good question, the stack height is pretty much similar. The reach however is about 20-30mm less. Initial plan was to decrease reach but get lower. -12 stem wont be enough to do that.

However, the advantage of a conventional bike means that i can swap stem/seatposts to test. I can either up the stem reach to 140mm or go to -17 or even try an offset seatpost.

That was my problem with the Hyperstem too, good piece of kit but when it came down to it, I needed a steeper angle than -12. If -17 does the trick for you then the MFCK stem would do it but I think they only make that angle up to 110mm.. not many options for boutique uber lightweight stems :x

jdc5r

by jdc5r

Yup, i will see how it goes i guess and adjust as i go along maybe if i cant get the drop i want then i might even change bars to not be "ergo" shaped.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdc5r

by jdc5r

She's alive! Kinda.

Still waiting on spokes for the front wheel build but it is rolling now.