2017 Supersix EVO Hi-Mod Disc (6.395kg)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

DOUG

by DOUG

Sure, will need to take a few pics later tonight when I get home but I have 5 bikes that I ride myself regularly.

Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc. Disc
Cannondale SS Evo HiMod Disc
Norco Threshold C Rival 1
Cannondale FSi HiMod

Then there's the two vintage bikes I'm currently trying to get around to restoring, my wife's MTB and a rigid MTB i used to have purely for commuting but is now setup with a child seat for taking the little ones out. Its quite cramped on my side of the garage!

JScycle

by JScycle

DOUG wrote:Sure, will need to take a few pics later tonight when I get home but I have 5 bikes that I ride myself regularly.

Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc. Disc
Cannondale SS Evo HiMod Disc
Norco Threshold C Rival 1
Cannondale FSi HiMod

Then there's the two vintage bikes I'm currently trying to get around to restoring, my wife's MTB and a rigid MTB i used to have purely for commuting but is now setup with a child seat for taking the little ones out. Its quite cramped on my side of the garage!

Awesome collection! I love the aeroad and threshold's are amazing as well. Have to admit i'm kinda jealous :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Thanks! They all get ridden at least once every couple of weeks as well, I try to mix things up. The Aeroad is certainly a fantastic bike, it is pretty much for racing duties only and the occasional Sunday spin.

JScycle

by JScycle

I have a Scott Addict, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Kona Hei Hei and a raw aluminium single speed. So nowhere near as nice as yours ;)
Look forward to the photos when you get a chance.

DOUG

by DOUG

Ok so ive made a few minor changes and finally got around to taking a few decent pics.

Currently trying out a cheap Arx 110mm stem as I wanted a slightly longer reach/more aero postion on the bike. If I'm happy with the longer stem Ill probably fork out for the 3T Arx LTD Carbon.

Im also now running the Shwalbe Pro Ones which dropped a bit of weight and I'm impressed with them so far. Haven't had a heap of riding time on this bike due to work commitments and family stuff but I think Ill stick with them and see how they go durability wise. I'm only 63kg so not particularly hard on tyres.

Finally I should have the new new wheelset coming in a few weeks. Pretty excited to try out the MCFK rims. Not sure how much weight Ill drop but including going from centrelock to 6-bolt it should be around the 400-500g mark all things being equal. Along with the 20g or so saved on the stem we should be pushing under the 6.5kg mark.

Anyway I borrowed my bro's camera and whilst I'm not exactly an experienced photographer it sure beats out the camera phone pics I normally settle for.

Delorre

by Delorre

That's some very nice stuff you've there :thumbup: I'm looking forward to the final weight once the new wheels are in! And BTW, beautifull shots!!

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I'm watching closely on Your weight saving

Very interested in the MCFK rims.

Can you get the rims with spikes attached in case you come across any unruly pedestrians :wink:

Lotus founder, Colin Chapman, technique was to "simplify then add lightness".
That's what I see you doing.

I'm thinking over moving to SRAM Red but am unsure how much weight it will save, I need to spend some researching before I spend my hard earned
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

DOUG

by DOUG

@Delorre thanks as I said my photography skills aren't great but I think I've read enough WW threads to know how to frame a shot, the camera did the rest!

@squashednuts yeah that was the basic idea. Get the bike working for me first and foremost, put a few k's on it and then start working towards an achievable goal with regards to the weight.

I also still haven't sorted out the the brake hose rattling inside the frame so will need to set aside some time to unwrap the bar tape, remove the hose and then employ the "zip tie method" to eliminate the rattling. Might give it a go tonight if I have time, it's quite annoying and a bit off putting to hear it banging away inside the down tube when you hit a rough section of road. I really wish SRAM didn't use DOT fluid, makes such an operation unnecessarily messy and potentially damaging to any painted surfaces.

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful bike! Nice and simple, among the most classy disc brake frames IMO.

Delorre

by Delorre

DOUG wrote:I also still haven't sorted out the the brake hose rattling inside the frame so will need to set aside some time to unwrap the bar tape, remove the hose and then employ the "zip tie method" to eliminate the rattling. Might give it a go tonight if I have time, it's quite annoying and a bit off putting to hear it banging away inside the down tube when you hit a rough section of road. I really wish SRAM didn't use DOT fluid, makes such an operation unnecessarily messy and potentially damaging to any painted surfaces.

How's the rattling of the brake hose? Solved? I have the same 'issue' with mine. In the excitement of the moment, I forgot to put zipp ties or airbubble plastic around the brake hose. And only when the bike was finished, I remembered I forgot something :x The same with the DI2 cable inside my handlebar. That one seems to rattle a little also.

DOUG

by DOUG

@kgt thanks! I really like the more traditional geo and the handling of the SS is amazing.

@Delorre I did indeed manage to stop the cable rattle by unscrewing the stealthamajig and sliding some zip ties up the brake line inside the downtube. In the process I also re-routed the brake line to be above the BB as I got this wrong on the initial build. This means that the brake line is now to long and needs too be shortened, haha I just can't win! It's not too bad so I can live with it for the time being.

Still not getting much riding in unfortunately due to all manner of other commitments but the new wheels are going to be here sometime next week apparently which coincides nicely with a whole lot more spare time to put in some km's.

DOUG

by DOUG

New hoops arrived. Fitted the ARX LTD 110mm stem as well now I'm happy with the position. Finally cracked the 6.5kg mark which I'm happy with for the time being.

(weight Inc. Garmin mount)

Quick shot as it's late here.

I destickered the rims as the MCFK decals were a bit loud and didn't really suit the build.

Was 1212g with the stickers.

Sub 1200g without ImageImage. First test ride tomorrow morning assuming the tubeless setup holds air overnight!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

shamrock134

by shamrock134

Lighter than my bike even with discs! :oops:

alexgodmar

by alexgodmar

1200g for 35mm clinchers?? That's awmazing

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

DOUG wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 pm
New hoops arrived. Fitted the ARX LTD 110mm stem as well now I'm happy with the position. Finally cracked the 6.5kg mark which I'm happy with for the time being.
:thumbup:
Nice.
Sub 6.5kg very impressive
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com