"Aloha" -- the 3584g AX Lightness

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Every once in a long while something pops up on this site, that makes you step back in amazement.

This is one of those times.

Awesome build that looks good enough to be a daily driver (not implying Donald's isn't either), and as said above looks pretty too.

Chapeau!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Clean, baller build. Will have to study this for some time, as a lot of thought has been put into this build. Excellent weight for a larger size frame. Props!
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

prebsy

by prebsy

how much weight did you save by going with the downtube shifter for the FD?

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Holy hell! This is superb!!

How much weight did the bar/stem and post/saddle combos save you? Also tell us about the heat shrink hoods. What product and size did you use? How did you heat it? Don't high temperatures risk the plastic shifter body?

Yetiunio

by Yetiunio

AWESOME!

craciunptr

by craciunptr

Sooooo good! love all the details as well ! Really appreciate the style and thought you put into this build. I'd also like to know more about the heatshrink hoods !

Do you have pictures of the clincher wheelset??

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

ubergoober wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:Tell us more about the Enve wheels you have.

They came from a friend and weighed 754g (F 309/R 445g) with these specs:
ENVE 25T - 203g/219g

There is wide range of weights for these rims out there, including the 1st get EDGE 24 rims which I've seen as low as 192g, but I think the weight for mine is pretty ideal. I definitely want to ride them all over including technical descents and rough pavement. Likewise I sold the hubs even though they were super light.. I am a little sketched with that front hub.

:

Wow! I didn't realise the older ones came in that light! No wonder it's a 750gm build. And for some to be sub 200gm? That's AX Lightness realms!! :shock: Wish they were still that weight and not the 250gm they are now

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Congratulations on the great work done and the good weight achieved.
is very similar in components and aesthetics to my ultra light but mine is size 54. I value the people who manage to lose the weight of their bikes with the time that has to have to get very light components, many of them difficult to get or very expensive, or tuneandolos without compromising the life of the people and the stability and guarantee of the pieces and components, leaving the bike aesthetically beautiful.
I am happy to see that every time there are bikes of less than 4 kg usable 100%.
A greeting.

oshkikimi

by oshkikimi

awesome!

joejack951

by joejack951

godzuki26 wrote:I could not get my Campy Record front derailleur to work with the 2013 SRAM Red shifters. Are your shifters pre 2013?

Note the downtube front shifter.

I second (or twentieth) the awesomeness of this build. Super light while looking great, too.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

This is amazing, congrats on a job extremely well done!
I really love how the bike kinda got it all, as in exotic parts, custom made parts, classic ww Dremel work, tons of attention to detail and while being so extreme it still looks just great.

Personally I also love how going all out carbon and then polish what little alu there is left makes the whole bike pop while still looking very clean.

mythical

by mythical

Wow, i'm getting this "Günter Mai"-vibe, which is a very good thing. It's like a feeling of the good old days when crazy light was the greatest thing any cyclist could aspire to. This is likely among the top 10 lightest bikes in the world and it looks perfectly ridable as well! Kudo's on the killer job!

Any plans to make it lighter?
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

ubergoober

by ubergoober

I have put the bike up for sale here . It now has the sturdier ENVE 25 wheels I mentioned building up, so along with different Aerolite pedals it gained ~136 grams. This has been a very satisfying project but it's time to find the next owner.

Thanks for looking and all the kind words.

Bazzman1968

by Bazzman1968

Amazing work, well done, im envious. Congratulations. Baz

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com