BMC Teammachine SLR01 (2018)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

bilwit

by bilwit

Updated 06/27/18: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 5#p1409518
  • FRAMESET: BMC SLR01 (2018) Size 54, integrated fork/seatpost/headset, CeramicSpeed BB86 Shimano (Total: 1.62kg)
  • GROUPSET: DA9000 mechanical, 170mm crankset, 52x36 Osymetric chainrings (169.4g), Stages power meter
  • WHEELSET 1: FLO45, Veloplugs, Vittoria Corsa G+ 23mm/25mm, CS-9000 cassette (Front Total: 0.99kg, Rear Total: 1.33kg)
  • WHEELSET 2 (pictured): IMUST 40mm, Continental GP4000SII 23mm, CS-9000 cassette, Velox rim tape, Mr Tuffy Ultra Lite tire liner
  • STEM: Kalloy UNO -17D 110mm
  • SADDLE: Fizik Arione R1 (145.00g)
  • HANDLEBARS: Fizik Cyrano Chameleon 40cm (180.50g)
  • COCKPIT, etc: Extralite Ultrastar 3 (6g), KAPZ headcap, 5mm Cillos Spacer (1g), Raceware Wahoo Elemnt Bar Mount (17g)
  • QUICK RELEASE: Extralite Streeters (29g)
  • FINISHING KIT: Elite Custom Race bottlecage, Osymetric chain catcher, Jagwire Elite Link cabling, Absoluteblack chainring bolt covers
  • PEDALS: Speedplay Zero, Toronto Cycles Ti Spindles/Bowties

TOTAL WEIGHT (including x1 bottle cage, mount, headunit, pedals): 6.72kg

US Roundel headcap, bar tape all the way to the stem, and Osymetric rings are nods to the king of cool (no, not Froome :x ). Didn't really make any particular WW choices outside of the expander plug, QR, and Speedplay mods so I'm content with sitting around the UCI limit.
Last edited by bilwit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 17 times in total.

by Weenie

bilwit

by bilwit

Rodriguez Rainier (2015)

• FRAMESET: Rodriguez Rainier - Platinum OX tubing, Size 6S
  • FORK: Enve Road Fork 2.0
  • GROUPSET: DA9000 mechanical, 50x34 170mm crankset, BB-R9100, Stages power meter
  • WHEELSET: IMUST 40mm Carbon Clinchers, Mr Tuffy Ultra Lite Tire Liner, Velox Rim Tape, 23mm Continental GP4000SII, CS-9000 Cassette (Front Total: 1.005kg, Rear: 1.37kg)
  • STEM: Deda Pista, 120mm@-20°
  • SADDLE: Fizik Arione R1 (145.00g)
  • HANDLEBARS: Zipp Contour SL Carbon 40cm
  • HEADSET, etc: Extralite UltraTop, Extralite UltraBottom, Extralite Ultrastar 3 (6g), KAPZ headcap, 5mm Cillos Spacer (1g), Raceware Wahoo Elemnt Bar Mount (17g)
  • SEATPOST: JRC Koroko seatpost (105g), MT ZOOM Ultralight Seatpost Clamp 31.8mm (6g)
  • QUICK RELEASE: Extralite Streeters (29g)
  • FINISHING KIT: King Cage Ti bottle cage, K-Edge chain catcher, Jagwire Road Pro cabling
  • PEDALS: Speedplay Zero, Toronto Cycles Ti Spindles/Bowties

TOTAL WEIGHT (including mount, headunit, pedals): 7.585kg

Good old steel frame made locally. Going to eventually like to replace the bars with Fizik Cyrano Snake and change the cabling to Jagwire Elite Link. Would have loved to put an Extralite or MFCK stem on here but they don't make them in more aggressive angles to help offset the endurance/oversized headtube. The seatpost weight was too good to pass up for the price (91g lighter than the Fizik Cyrano 00 it replaced) but the lack of setback is a little annoying, even when moving the saddle as far back as possible it's still a little off from where I'd like it to be.

Since I have the BMC now, I'm regulating this one to bad weather and have converted it to winter mode since then. I've put on some fenders and Boyd Altamont Lites (ceramic) on it, which brings the weight up to 8.18kg.
Last edited by bilwit on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:57 am, edited 16 times in total.

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:Sorry for the terrible pics, no fancy camera for me

TOTAL WEIGHT (including x1 bottle cage, mount, headunit): 6.775kg

US Roundel headcap & Osymetric rings are nods to the king of cool (no, not Froome :x ). Didn't really make any particular WW choices outside of the expander plug and quick release. Could have gone WW with the stem since I have a couple Hyperstems lying around but I quite like the girth of the BMC stem and it puts its position not far off from my steel bike.

Image Image

SLR01 Frame Sz54+Fork+Seatpost+Headset 1.62kg
SLR01 Mechanical Stem 163.70g
Osymetric 52x36 169.4g
Fizik Arione R1 145.00gg
Fizik Cyrano Chameleon 40cm 180.50g
FLO45+Veloplugs+Continental Grand Prix 4000 SII 23mm (front)
FLO45+Veloplugs+Continental Grand Prix 4000 SII 23mm (rear)
Extralite Ultrastar 3 ~6g
Extralite Streeters quickrelease ~29g
Raceware Wahoo Elemnt Bar Mount 17g
Wahoo Elemnt Bolt 60.6g
Elite Custom Race bottlecage
Speedplay w/ Ti spindles&bowties from Toronto Cycles
Fizik Performance bar tape
Jagwire Elite Link
DA9000 mechanical w/ 170mm crankset
Stages power meter

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Looks very clean! Love it ! :thumbup:

Yetiunio

by Yetiunio

I'm not big fan of steel, but your BMC looks amazing! Is the frame white, or this is more light grey colour?

bilwit

by bilwit

Yetiunio wrote:I'm not big fan of steel, but your BMC looks amazing! Is the frame white, or this is more light grey colour?

white!

Yetiunio

by Yetiunio

bilwit wrote:
white!

Better than! Very nice!

exFictitiouZ

by exFictitiouZ

absolutely love the colour scheme. red and white.

(although I fully understand that white paint is the ultimate antithesis of WW, but....)

muffinman

by muffinman

Dang these are cool. I want a steel road bike one day

bilwit

by bilwit

Here's my winter setup and some details.

ImageImage
WINTER SETUP (CHANGES)
  • FENDERS: Planet Bike Cascadia ALX (rear), SKS Raceblade (front); both with rainydaybiking mudflaps
  • STEM: Deda Pista (gloss) 110mm
  • HANDLEBARS: Fizik Cyrano Snake 40cm
  • WHEELSET: Boyd Altamont Lite Ceramic w/ Mr Tuffy Ultra Lite tire liner
  • CASSETTE: Shimano 6800 Ultegra 11-Speed Cassette, 11-28T
  • CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra/XT CN-HG701
  • CABLING: Jagwire Elite Link
TOTAL WEIGHT (including mount, headunit, pedals): 8.350kg

Around 8.7kg with saddlebag and lights. It's a whale but can't really complain about the fender coverage and alloy braking surface. The shallow rims are very much appreciated--I've taken it out in some insane storms with 45kmph+ winds and downpour and the handling was as good as I could ask for. Ceramic coating on the rear wheel is almost completely gone at this point.. hydraulic disc brakes sounds very appealing right about now.

Mtek

by Mtek

BMC looks so clean in white, love it.

TonyM

by TonyM

Not sure if you know but BMC has a low head cone for the Roadmachine (instead of the high head cone that you have in your Roadmachine) so that you have a lower stack and a cleaner look if you don’t want any spacer and a slammed stem. Look at mine in the same section. I have the low head cone and no spacer.

bilwit

by bilwit

TonyM wrote:Not sure if you know but BMC has a low head cone for the Roadmachine (instead of the high head cone that you have in your Roadmachine) so that you have a lower stack and a cleaner look if you don’t want any spacer and a slammed stem. Look at mine in the same section. I have the low head cone and no spacer.

You mean Teammachine? I might try a -12 or -17 stem (the native BMC one is -6) before I look into the headset top cone thing but I'm actually quite happy with the position so far

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:
TonyM wrote:Not sure if you know but BMC has a low head cone for the Roadmachine (instead of the high head cone that you have in your Roadmachine) so that you have a lower stack and a cleaner look if you don’t want any spacer and a slammed stem. Look at mine in the same section. I have the low head cone and no spacer.

You mean Teammachine? I might try a -12 or -17 stem (the native BMC one is -6) before I look into the headset top cone thing but I'm actually quite happy with the position so far

Oh sorry I meant for the Roadmachine and you have a Teammachine. I don’t know if the Teammachine has different head cones.

You could try with a - 10 first (Pro Vibe stem)

survivor

by survivor

What is the stem length on your TeamMachine?

bilwit

by bilwit

survivor wrote:What is the stem length on your TeamMachine?

it came with a 110mm @ -6 degree stem

by Weenie