Update: Rue Uberlight now 3,248 grams ( 7.15 lbs. )

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ak47

by ak47

True weightweenism!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I am donald is a weight weenie human too. I am still wondering how you get a record FD down to 36g.

donald

by donald

Thanks for all the comments everyone. bmOp700f, The record FD is now about as light as I can get it and still have it work great. Being a weight weenie as long as I have been and with all the experience I have on so many, many parts, it comes down to knowing exactly where and what is best to lighten. It has the usual: ti spring, carbon pins, al. and carbon bolts and lots of material removed. I admire so many, many bikes you all have. I can appreciate most things with so many different bikes. We like bikes, we like to ride them and I wish everyone as much time as possible to enjoy their rides.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

I just revisited your post back in 2007 introducing your 600g rue frame to us. There was a lot of skepticism about the potential longevity of such a light frame.

Ten years later and 1.35 pounds lighter than your initial goal.

michel2

by michel2

that is some excellent work ! I can believe the 620 gram wheelset (-:

Alfonso

by Alfonso

Hi, donald.
I am happy to see that we are still a few trying to reduce weight to the maximum possible our bikes without affecting our safety and reliability of components and the bike.
In this way we learn from each other where and how we can lighten the bikes and components
A greeting.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Woah. Great weights, have been interested in the Ltd fork, but didn't realise it was quite so light.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

3t claims 300g... about the same as enve 1.0. Donald, did you tune the fork beyond cutting it?

donald

by donald

I think the newer 3 T forks weigh a little more than some older ones, mine is older. The one I have was lighter than my enve 1.0 at the same length by 15 grams. I sanded the fork, removing material in various amounts depending where, more at the back of the fork crown, etc. I know 227 grams seems light but that is what it weighs now. I'm sure I could make it lighter but for now I'm happy with it. I have tuned many forks over the years, never had a problem. Some people have had even lighter forks.