2018 Trek Emonda SLR Disc - Project One - H1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Beautiful bike. I really like the gold hubs. Blingy but not overly so.

How compliant is the ride? Myself, I'm considering an Emonda SLR (H2 62cm - so it wouldn't have that sweet drop) but the local trek store keeps telling me I should really think hard about a Domane SLR. I've heard the new Emonda is a comfortable ride. Plus I'm not sold on the idea that the isospeed does anything truly meaningful on regular tarmac, other than add weight, but I'm probably wrong about that.

Thanks for sharing these pics!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

SilentDrone wrote:Beautiful bike. I really like the gold hubs. Blingy but not overly so.

How compliant is the ride? Myself, I'm considering an Emonda SLR (H2 62cm - so it wouldn't have that sweet drop) but the local trek store keeps telling me I should really think hard about a Domane SLR. I've heard the new Emonda is a comfortable ride. Plus I'm not sold on the idea that the isospeed does anything truly meaningful on regular tarmac, other than add weight, but I'm probably wrong about that.

Thanks for sharing these pics!

Hard to say. I obviously found the Emonda compliant enough, but the Teammachine SLR01 was even more compliant when I test rode that. It's possible the BMC was set up with lower tire pressures, but I guess that's the thing, right? You can always stick measured 28mm or even 30mm tubeless tires on the Emonda and run lower PSI.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Holy Dick Butt :shock:

MoPho

by MoPho

TobinHatesYou wrote:Hard to say. I obviously found the Emonda compliant enough, but the Teammachine SLR01 was even more compliant when I test rode that. It's possible the BMC was set up with lower tire pressures, but I guess that's the thing, right? You can always stick measured 28mm or even 30mm tubeless tires on the Emonda and run lower PSI.

Have you tried your Emonda with different wheels? I have found the Enve 5.6's on my TCR make the ride quite harsh compared to my other wheels

jeffy

by jeffy

@TobinHatesYou

I am not in a situation to test either bike before purchasing, but both work well for my fit.

How would you compare the ride between Emonda Disc v Teammachine Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jeffy wrote:@TobinHatesYou

I am not in a situation to test either bike before purchasing, but both work well for my fit.

How would you compare the ride between Emonda Disc v Teammachine Disc

I only test rode the rim brake Teammachine, but it felt very comfortable in the rear despite not being outfitted with my normal saddle. Up front, the Emonda wins in terms of agility. You can flick it around an obstacle one moment and also rail it confidently in a corner.

Aesthetically, I think the Teammachine wins, but I’ve obviously grown to love the curvier look of the Emonda. The paint on the BMC bothers me a tiny bit. there is an obvious rough edge where the matte black meets the red paint on the top tube. It almost looks like the matte black is a wrap rather than painted.

In hindsight, the Emonda would have been the right choice for me regardless of the Teammachine’s street date.

bilwit

by bilwit

TobinHatesYou wrote:Aesthetically, I think the Teammachine wins, but I’ve obviously grown to love the curvier look of the Emonda. The paint on the BMC bothers me a tiny bit. there is an obvious rough edge where the matte black meets the red paint on the top tube. It almost looks like the matte black is a wrap rather than painted.

I also hate the half matte/half gloss of the BMC.. that and the unnecessary stripe on the drive-side top-tube+seat-stay. Trek's P1 customization is unmatched.

TonyM

by TonyM

bilwit wrote:I also hate the half matte/half gloss of the BMC.. that and the unnecessary stripe on the drive-side top-tube+seat-stay. Trek's P1 customization is unmatched.

half matte/ half gloss is the right definition indeed! I was always surprised that the red color of the BMC doesn't appear so shiny like the Trek red.

romalor

by romalor

Nice disc bike !

I don't know if your place is wet or not but do you care to do a quick review on the WI cld hubs ?
I'm interested in a pair of these hubs for carbon wheels on my aero disc bike

But I saw people I trust complaining about the play adjustment on these hubs or the T11 ( same hubs in rim brake)
And I've seen also that the bearings are quite exposed to rain mud etc ... I live in Belgium and haven't had any issues with DT240 in the past

Thanks !

KCookie

by KCookie

Moongilhwan wrote:I really like it.

OMG, 25 posts all the same :noidea:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

romalor wrote:Nice disc bike !

I don't know if your place is wet or not but do you care to do a quick review on the WI cld hubs ?
I'm interested in a pair of these hubs for carbon wheels on my aero disc bike

But I saw people I trust complaining about the play adjustment on these hubs or the T11 ( same hubs in rim brake)
And I've seen also that the bearings are quite exposed to rain mud etc ... I live in Belgium and haven't had any issues with DT240 in the past

Thanks !

Unless you want different anodized colors, I would probably just get DT240s. White Industries CLDs/T11s have a nice solid hub shell, are easy to service, but I used to get premature bearing wear on my old bike. This may partially be my fault...overtightening QR skewers and using pressurized nozzle to hose down my bike after wet rides.

levencd

by levencd

I’m about to pull the trigger on an Emonda SLR Disc, but am agonizing over the color. It’s between the charcoal/orange or the TS team colors as red is my fav color. Since I pay for my bikes it’s hard to be a rolling billboard. Are the team logos removable?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I think only the Degenkolb Club Racer edition has removable logos/decals.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

FIJIGabe wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 pm
I think only the Degenkolb Club Racer edition has removable logos/decals.
Nope, seen one, they’re all under the clear coat like my Project One’s.
BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I believe you, but I remember that wasn't the case. Maybe that was just the case of the original run of bikes, or Trek changed that decision, since it isn't mentioned on their website.

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/219954 ... int-scheme ("John’s lucky number and removable team logos complete the design.")

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com