In coming..... De Rosa SK Pininfarina

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

Ive had my eye on one of these for a while now, finally came across a good deal.

It will be interesting to see the weight once I get my hands on it, here are some specs as I bought it ....

- De Rosa SK Pininfarina in 56
- Dura Ace 9100
- De Rosa calipers
- Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon Clinchers
- Vittoria Rubino 25c
- FSA Handle bar and stem
- Prologo saddle
- Look pedals

Im sure I will be making some changes, but for now I have to find a new photo hosting site
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Flickr.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

Some photos from the seller .....

Images-l1600 by Karl Crooks, on Flickr

Images-l1601 by Karl Crooks, on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

Images-l1609 by Karl Crooks, on Flickr

Images-l1610 by Karl Crooks, on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

KarlC

by KarlC

There has been a bit of chat here on these bikes, but not much real user experience so I am real curious to see how this De Rosa rides.

Based on the reviews it could be what I am looking for, or course its hard to find a bad review on any top end bike these days so we will see .....

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/de-rosa/1160/d ... ina-review

Knowing when to be firm

Stiffness is as subjective as it is objective, concerning as much the rider and conditions as it does measureable variables. Put two bike frames on a testing jig and the numbers that come back will tell you which one is stiffer – data that some companies will declare makes their bike better. But not everyone wants a bike that’s super-stiff; you might be a lighter rider, for instance, or want something to ride for extended distances. Or you might just prefer a livelier feel. Whatever the reason, stiffness isn’t a byword for best, and you’ll only know if a bike is stiff enough for you by going out and riding it. With my 80kg sprinter’s hat on, the SK wasn’t stiff enough. Get out of the saddle and start wrenching on the bars and there’s a tangible flex through the frame. The fork seems to hold up well enough, as does the bottom bracket cluster, but the top tube and down tube less so. However, this amount of give – which seems almost progressive and controlled, like stretching an elastic band – works well on the flats and through the corners. The SK tracks the road beautifully, diving into turns with a nimble confidence often lacking in ultra-stiff race bikes, which can have a tendency to skip unnervingly.

Changing into my ‘I just love cycling’ hat (which as you can imagine is a jaunty stovepipe number), the SK is all the bike I could ever want. It’s light enough to produce a decent level of zeal when climbing, surging forward with each pedal stroke, and its handling makes it an adept descender. But the main reason it’s so wonderful to ride is down to how well it combines comfort and speed. The SK is a fast bike, but it tempers this by also being a sublime ride. Not in the armchair sense – there’s no languid wallowing like you get with some comfort-oriented bikes – but there is a speedy smoothness to the SK’s ride that more than makes up for its mid-range stiffness. In that, I’d compare it to a steel bike, only better.

The SK has a carbon edge to it – a feeling of sharpness that steel racers mostly lack, or obtain by trading in comfort and spring – yet it retains the liveliness and character steel is known for but carbon fibre often finds itself lacking. Plus – and I think for a bike of this price this is one of the key points – the SK has individuality. It exudes a class that elevates it above its station, and with both the form and the prestige of its Pininfarina styling, I think the SK will go down as an iconic bicycle, up there with the likes of Bianchi’s C-4, the Cinelli Laser and the Colnago Master. And what would you rather have: a bike that can sprint or a bike that will go the distance?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... ina-50084/

Highs: Looks, ride comfort, performance
Lows: Sending it back (obviously if you buy one you won't have to do this, but will have to pay a lot of money)
Buy if: You want a truly rapid, classy aero road bike that you can ride all day without feeling beaten up

A Teflon don of a bike

Wrong. Somehow the SK is as smooth as Teflon-coated silk with a ride quality like a high quality endurance bike. If that wasn’t enough, it still has the raw speed to embarrass TT machines, and classy road bike manners – an aero road bike that doesn’t demand weekly physio appointments to get the best from it.

Your watts are channelled directly to the rear wheel, where they’re converted into relentless speed. From the saddle it was easy to forget how deep those wheels were, as they never made their presence felt in a way that was anything less than positive. Laterally stiff, accelerative, and useful on punchy or power climbs, along with supple and grippy tyres, they only enhanced the ride. The SK is what we want an aero bike to be – engaging, awesome-looking, fast everywhere, and with no comfort compromises. We’re off to squeeze in another ride before it goes back.

http://www.winterparkcycles.com/blogs/3 ... ninfarina/

In a nutshell, this bike is FANTASTIC. We had high hopes, based on other reviews that we had read, and I think our impression actually exceeds what we had read, and expected. It's hard to pick this frame apart.My baseline, or "go to," bike is a Cervelo R5, which took that spot from my Dogma 65.1 and F8s. The R5 is not aero, but it's smooth, it's lively, and it handles very well. The SK, with its aero tubing and seatpost, is not a bike a bike I would expect to be smooth or lively, but it somehow pulls it off. In the saddle, it handles crackled pavement and small bumps with ease. Out of the saddle, it is nothing close to sluggish, as some aero bikes feel. It just hits every mark. De Rosa doesn't publish what carbon they use in this frame. Many companies tout their T900, T1100, or Super High Dis-Or-Dat, but not De Rosa. Honestly, we don't know what it's made out of, and I really don't care. It could be paper mache, but as long as it rides as well as it does, they should stick with it.

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/cana ... 5305196117

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mlok

by mlok

Hi,

I have always been an aero bike fan and I have tested a few others from mates and LBS that offer test ride. In my own opinion the SK is really a good handling aero bike. I never though about DeRosa when I was looking for a new bike because it is so rare in where I live. I weigh about 85kg so ok my body is the biggest drag but when I am on the SK I could feel that I am going faster compare to my Pinarello K8S. The SK to me is a really good handling bike and you want to get a bike fit to tuck you correctly to enjoy that long day on the drop. I do read some comment saying it is not stiff enough, I thought maybe that person hasn't ride it long enough. I thought it is well design with the right stiffness in the right place and not too harsh like the F10 that I tried. Don't get me wrong I do also like the F10 but finds it bit harsh for long rides. I love the looks a lot it is currently my favourite ride of the 2.

Good luck to your search.
Attachments
IMG_3142-2.JPG
IMG_3502-2.JPG