Basso Diamante 40th Anniversary

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Anyone have any more feedback on this frame. The OP happy with the purchase a month later? :)

ianeire

by ianeire

A good friend of mine has had major issues with two of these frames, one a SV, the other a regular Diamante. One was sent back to the UK and a full refund issued, and now the second is looking like it will have to be shipped back to Germany before being further forwarded to Basso in Italy. The problem has been with the comfort headset piece and whatever way it is being assembled prior to shipping. The bottom of the comfort piece grinds against the top of the head tube damaging the carbon.

It's strange that the same thing has happened to two separate frames, bought from two separate retailers. When in contact with Basso, after seeing photos, they indicated that the problem was with the manner the comfort piece is assembled. The German company admit that they assembled it in this way, but dispute that its the problem, claiming an inherent design flaw with the comfort piece. They also admit that they have previously had the same issue with a different SV frame. You would think that Basso would have instructions or exploded tech document on their website explaining how to put it together if there is a known assembly process problem, but there's nothing.

So after about 120km he is now faced with having to ship the bike from Ireland to Germany where it will be disassembled and the frame shipped to Basso in Italy. It will then either be replaced or repaired before being shipped back to Germany, reassembled, and sent on to Ireland. That is a LOT of hassle and will take, I assume, an inordinate amount of time.

It's simply not good enough to have to be dealing with issues like this on a bike that costs €5,000.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Hey - just took delivery of a frameset, so I'll be assembling the bike myself. It's in the UK right now while I'm in Belgium, but I can arrange to share pics of the assembly instructions/ comfort kit close up if people so wish.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Hey - just took delivery of a frameset, so I'll be assembling the bike myself. It's in the UK right now while I'm in Belgium, but I can arrange to share pics of the assembly instructions/ comfort kit close up if people so wish.

ianeire

by ianeire

Please do Mikey. We have actually asked Basso for same but they haven't sent anything on.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Hey, unfortunately no documentation included...but a rubber band for under the comfort the kit was!

Maybe that band needs o be installed to prevent the carbon grind?

ianeire

by ianeire

MikeyBE wrote:Hey, unfortunately no documentation included...but a rubber band for under the comfort the kit was!

Maybe that band needs o be installed to prevent the carbon grind?

Thanks, could you post a pic of that when you have a chance? I'm almost certain neither bike that experienced damage had that rubber band fitted.

This is damage on the second bike, I don't have photos of the first but it was the same deal.