Introduce my caad12 black inc - 5.89kg (12.98lbs) cannondale

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

jinnie799 wrote:
cerro wrote:Really nice but with that spec I thought it would be lighter. The brakes and wheels are like a dream no matter :D

i could reduce more weight. I didn't cut off seatpost and it't still 420mm. Might need to reorder 320mm. I ordered seatpost with longer length than I thought. [emoji24] also, I have ordered schmolke tlo expander to change. Anyhow, frame is too heavy due to aluminum. It's 1.17kg for frame and forks was 378grams. Which means even taken 1.5kg for only frame sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Mcfk seatpost has a very specific clamping range. I'm thinking you're outside of the clamping zone which means it's likely going to crack. Mcfk puts 3k on the back to highlight the clamping zone. If you aren't in that range, you shouldn't be riding it.

mythical

by mythical

Very nice CAAD12 build! Probably the nicest one I've seen so far. :D :thumbup: Having built this bike up with so many carbon parts, why didn't you spec a SuperSix Evo HM instead of this alu frame?

I like metal parts! I just bought a CAAD12 frameset myself, albeit on a whim, but I always wanted one. My aim is 5.5kg but with mostly metal parts (thus fewer carbon parts than yours).
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

Beautiful Bike! :-D
A quick question, how are the brakes, THM Fibula ? are they on par with the Ultegra R8000 or the Dura Ace for modulation?

Mep

by Mep

jinnie799 wrote:I build this up with 5.89kg total.
Yes, it's caad12. And might be called as R.A.A.D.12

FRAME : 2017 CANNONDALE CAAD12 BLACK INC
FRAME SIZE : 54
Wheel-set : Lightweight Gipfelsturm
Lever : SRAM RED eTAP
Remote shifter : SRAM RED eTap Blips Remote Shifter Buttons
Derailleur-Front : SRAM RED eTAP
Derailleur-Rear : SRAM RED eTAP
Crank-Set : THM CLAVICULA SE MATTE 172.5mm
BB : THM BB30 MTB Bottom Bracket - PF42-68/73-30 95g (ENZO ceramic bearing)
Brake : THM Fibula
Brake cable : Jagwire elite link road brake kit
Chain-ring : Extralite | BCD 110 | 52/36 T --> changed to CARBON-TI BCD 110 50/34T
Cassette : SRAM RED Cassette XG-1190 11-speed | eTap 11 - 28 T
Chain : KMC Bicycle Chain 11-speed X11 SL 114 Links gold
Seat post : MCFK Seatpost Carbon UD Optic 25.4 mm 420 mm 2017 (usage for 200 - 320 mm)
handle bar : MCFK Bar Carbon Roadbike UD-Look mat compakt 420 mm
Stem : MCFK Stem 31.8 mm Carbon UD-Look mat 6° 120 mm
Saddle : MCFK Saddle UD-Look matte 135mm
Pedals : Speedplay titan spindle self modified.
bottle cages : AX-lightness Bottle Cage Nasdorowje
Mount : Garmin Dual Mount.
Seat Clamp : Cannondale KP397
QR lever : Lightweight
Expander : Deda Expander 45 - 1 1/8 Inches - without Top Cap
top cap : Cannondale 5mm Top Cap KP253

Frame id#. FA61939

Thanks for watching. [emoji16]
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the silver cables. Did you chase the front brake housing internally with a regular brake cable? Or did the links go directly into the frame?

m66

by m66

Mep wrote:Love the silver cables. Did you chase the front brake housing internally with a regular brake cable? Or did the links go directly into the frame?

I did a CAAD 12 build (not quite like this lol, mine is almost all alloy) but I assume you're talking about the rear brake cable? I did mine with nothing inside, just cable stops at the entry and exit - it doesn't rub on anything inside so it's been fine like that. Same thing for the rear derailleur.

evan326

by evan326

Mep

by Mep

m66 wrote:
Mep wrote:Love the silver cables. Did you chase the front brake housing internally with a regular brake cable? Or did the links go directly into the frame?

I did a CAAD 12 build (not quite like this lol, mine is almost all alloy) but I assume you're talking about the rear brake cable? I did mine with nothing inside, just cable stops at the entry and exit - it doesn't rub on anything inside so it's been fine like that. Same thing for the rear derailleur.

That's right, I meant the rear brake. Good to know that cable stops were sufficient. Jagwire does indicate to use regular brake housing, but sounds like that may not be required. The rear derailleur doesn't actually route into the frame, so there's no issue.

stephenjwhan

by stephenjwhan

beautiful build ! just wondering, what's your saddle height ? bb to saddle top ?

djel

by djel

jinnie799 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:10 am
Sorry to bump the thread but I can't send PM just yet. I too use the dust cover KP253 on a CAAD12 Black Inc but it doesn't sit flush on the head tube like yours do. Did you use something as a spacer?

AlanN1969

by AlanN1969

Beauty of a bike. I have a caad12 and want to use the hollow gram crankset with ultegra di2 that I am planning to add. Can you post a link for the bottom bracket you used please? This should work as the hollow gram also has a 30 MM axle.

Thanks,

Alan