Focus Izalco Max

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

muffinman

by muffinman

New bars and I guess the Ultegra cassette is pretty heavy because this is sitting at 6.84kg now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Still looking good !

RuskinAsh

by RuskinAsh

asiantrick wrote:I got the same bike but the AG2R version like reedplayer. Probably one of the best bike I've ridden also, plus I got the frame new for dirt cheap on Ebay.

Just ordered the Addict SL so I'm extremely curious how the Izalco Max matches up with the Addict in both climbing and descending.

Beautiful Bike! how many miles per gallon is this capable of :D

muffinman

by muffinman

Got too many flats on the super worn out corsas so I have Rubino Pro on now. Not sure how I feel about the aesthetics though.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Off with the Mavic logos and you're good.

Stickman

by Stickman

muffinman wrote:Had the caad, missed di2 so I sold that and got this. Stiffer than the Evo, doesn't corner as well as the CAAD, but I think this is the best overall bike I've ridden so far.

Wheels/Tires: Mavic Ksyrium Exalith SLR/Vittoria Corsa

Hi there, did your bike come stock with the Mavic wheels? I'm looking at a runout model (2016 or 2017?) with Dura Ace and the stock wheels are DT Swiss RR22 dicut. Any idea how they are?

I'm after a lightweight climbing bike to complement my alloy endurance disc all rounder. I was looking at the runout Izalco Max Ultegra for AUD$3500 but the guy mentioned they're running out the Dura Ace model for $5000 which sounds very tempting....

Any bike of this level will far surpass my meagre abilities!

mariosimas

by mariosimas

Mine says hello

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

mariosimas wrote:Mine says hello

Nice :D

What saddle and seat post do you have?
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

muffinman

by muffinman

Stickman wrote:
muffinman wrote:Had the caad, missed di2 so I sold that and got this. Stiffer than the Evo, doesn't corner as well as the CAAD, but I think this is the best overall bike I've ridden so far.

Hi there, did your bike come stock with the Mavic wheels? I'm looking at a runout model (2016 or 2017?) with Dura Ace and the stock wheels are DT Swiss RR22 dicut. Any idea how they are?

I'm after a lightweight climbing bike to complement my alloy endurance disc all rounder. I was looking at the runout Izalco Max Ultegra for AUD$3500 but the guy mentioned they're running out the Dura Ace model for $5000 which sounds very tempting....

Nah, I got the everything but the wheels off of ebay. I changed the crankset out to my pioneer and all the cockpit components for fit reasons, and then put my exalith on. I've demo'd a BMC SLR01 with DT R23 spline wheels which are probably(?) pretty similar and I didn't have any complaints about them. Not the lightest wheels, but they were decently stiff, cornered well, and braking was smooth.

muffinman

by muffinman

mariosimas wrote:Mine says hello

Nice! I really like the ride

muffinman

by muffinman

Squashednuts wrote:Nice :D

Looks like they're both Smud? Might be wrong about that though.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

muffinman wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Nah, I got the everything but the wheels off of ebay. I changed the crankset out to my pioneer and all the cockpit components for fit reasons, and then put my exalith on. I've demo'd a BMC SLR01 with DT R23 spline wheels which are probably(?) pretty similar and I didn't have any complaints about them. Not the lightest wheels, but they were decently stiff, cornered well, and braking was smooth.

I agree with your comments about DT Swiss R23s disc - reported weight 1655g -

I have an Izalco Max Disc with stock R23s - perfectly useable

.info from another forum - The RR22’s use a 350 level Dicut hub. RR22’s come with the 18 tooth star ratchets
Weight 1475g
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

Stickman

by Stickman

muffinman wrote:Nah, I got the everything but the wheels off of ebay. I changed the crankset out to my pioneer and all the cockpit components for fit reasons, and then put my exalith on. I've demo'd a BMC SLR01 with DT R23 spline wheels which are probably(?) pretty similar and I didn't have any complaints about them. Not the lightest wheels, but they were decently stiff, cornered well, and braking was smooth.

What was your bike's weight before you modified it?

mariosimas

by mariosimas

muffinman wrote:
Squashednuts wrote:Nice :D

Looks like they're both Smud? Might be wrong about that though.

The saddle is a Smud the post is a Lyti:

http://www.dulight.fr/en/mtb/745-lyti-c ... tpost.html

Corima 47s+ wheels

DA 9000 crank + stages

Brakes: DA 9000

Stem: Pro Vibe 2018

Handlebar: Pro Vive 2018

Ultegra di2

Weight: 6,5 kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

muffinman

by muffinman

Stickman wrote:
muffinman wrote:Nah, I got the everything but the wheels off of ebay. I changed the crankset out to my pioneer and all the cockpit components for fit reasons, and then put my exalith on. I've demo'd a BMC SLR01 with DT R23 spline wheels which are probably(?) pretty similar and I didn't have any complaints about them. Not the lightest wheels, but they were decently stiff, cornered well, and braking was smooth.

What was your bike's weight before you modified it?

Never bothered to weigh it before I put my parts on :(

It had some Fizik R5 parts on there so it was probably around the same weight. It was like 6.805kg with a dura ace cassette and the Deda Zero100 38cm bars, but I have an ultegra cassette on and the NeoClassics are like 30g heavier than the deda, so I'm up to 6.9kg now.