It’s Miller Time! Gotobike B36 with EPS and TRP Hy/Rd discs - now full hydro p3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Miller

by Miller

mike wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm
does all the wavy, crinkly black carbon look correct to you aesthetically?
Well, it's just the way this frame looks? I like it, it's as if you're seeing interior structure. It's all under a good quality clearcoat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DHT

by DHT

Thank You Mr Miller... Thank you for your reply. I was beginning to think you left the Forum. Haha... I've been in touch with Nancy from GotoBikes and finally ended up ordering their newest AERO Disc frame WS15 or the T1500 Disc as Winspace calls them. After a lot of negotiations (They don't budge much... which is maybe good as it indicates confidence in their quality), we settled for a decent price which included a little bit of a discount on the frame and on the shipping. I was adamant in going with my favorite Bianchi color but she kept wanting me to pick one of the colors they already have.... Your Blue was one of the options. Finally, she agreed to "modulate the Bianchi color for an extra $50 fee plus the $72 for the painting and $30 for the decals... I also opted for their integrated Carbon handlebar, which apparently is a big seller @ $150... All in all including the headset, the axles and a couple of extra derailleur hangers, shipping and PayPal fee, the total came to US$1028. I also personalized it with my long last name and company name... The painting is done and I am hoping to get in in the next 2-3 weeks.

I've also ordered a set of Yoeleo Disc C46 Pro wheels with DT Swiss 350 Hubs and 28H Sapim/Ray CX straight pull spokes... (I think I'll get some Schwalbe tubeless tires or go for regular clincher Conti's GP 4000II.) They're also supposed to be here by the end of April...

The fun part will start when I start building it. I settled on Shimano Ultegra Di2 components... Tomorrow I'll pick up all the components from my local bike shop who was kind enough to give me a 25% discount. I am really really looking forward to receiving it.... I've never ridden a race bike before -- let alone an aero frame...

So far I've heard very good reviews from anyone who's dealt with Winspace frames... there's also an outfit in the UK who sells them (Jedi Sport). btw, I live in CANADA

My other bike is a Bianchi ALU Allroad w/Shimano 105 Hydraulic brakes.
Attachments
In the process of being painted...
In the process of being painted...
Stock picture from Winspace
Stock picture from Winspace
Example of their finished product
Example of their finished product
Integrated Handlebar
Integrated Handlebar
Last edited by DHT on Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

DHT

by DHT

Mr. Miller. I should also say that your latest upgrades look very nice too. I'm glad to hear that you've logged on > 7,500 miles so far and that you are very satisfied. If it weren't for you I would have never discovered GotoBikes... I think they owe you big time, haha. Great ambassador to the brand.

Miller

by Miller

Kind words, thank you. It was someone on this forum three years ago who pointed me at Gotobike, see the post below:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113717&hilit=Gotobi ... start=2460
No credit due to me.

Your 'Tchairdjian' looks fantastic, that will be an interesting build with Di2 and hydro and I'm sure you will learn a few things along the way and end up with a fantastic bike. There will be a build thread, right?

jbaillie

by jbaillie

I believe the Montecci Vegter (ridden by BetPlay in Colombia and Butcherbox Cycling in the US) is a GotoBike WS15.

DHT

by DHT

Miller wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:59 am

There will be a build thread, right?
Thanks Mr Miller... Yes, absolutely... I will take a lot of pictures while I build it. I should probably start a new topic so not to crowd this one too much.

By the way, Nancy is sending me the proper headset which is probably the same headset that your B36 uses too. I am surprised there will be no need for a crown race on that fork. I just love the look of that joint where the fork meets the headtube.

I've also ordered a couple of extra hangers just in case. However, with a Nametag/Brandname like "Tchardjian" I'd probably never be able to sell this bike. I hope it fits me Haha..

DHT

by DHT

jbaillie wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm
I believe the Montecci Vegter (ridden by BetPlay in Colombia and Butcherbox Cycling in the US) is a GotoBike WS15.
You're probably right... it is a WS15 just like the one I ordered... They also have a slightly newer version T1500 Disc exclusively for Di2 where all the cables are hidden and going from the handlebar to the headset...