FM-008 size 58, BC Flechtwerk - finished, pics page 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kidrob

by kidrob

The more I ride it, the more I like it. Other than some minor flaws of the seat clamp suuuuper happy so far! Oh, and the BB creaks like crazy, probably need to remove it some time and feed it with more lube...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vian15

by vian15

kidrob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm
vian15 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm
Hello, I am interested in the frame FM-008 (Seraph). I'm just undecided with the frame size. I am 1,80m tall. I have a stride of 85cm. I would actually take 56. You have size 56, maybe you can give me a hint. Thank you.
Hi, urm, I have 58 with 186cm body height. So yeah, 56 sounds about right ;)
Hi, thanks for you information. I think about which provider I order the FM-008 frame (Hongfu or Seraph). I noticed that the geometry differs between Hongfu and Seraph. Main difference is the seat tube length. In size 56 at Seraph S = 560, at Hongfu S = 515 (see photo) !? I would like to order from Seraph. But I'm unsure the size of the seat tube length at Seraph. I thought that the frames are the same for both suppliers? I asked Seraph about the seat tube length. Seraph means the measure of the seat tube length is so correct. Does anyone have information? Many Thanks!
FM008 Hongfu.jpg
FM008 Seraph_tantan.JPG

JVAA

by JVAA

kidrob wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 pm
The more I ride it, the more I like it. Other than some minor flaws of the seat clamp suuuuper happy so far! Oh, and the BB creaks like crazy, probably need to remove it some time and feed it with more lube...
Hi Kidrob, i would like to have some information off the frame you build, it looks so nice!! can you contact me in a pm? thanks!

kidrob

by kidrob

JVAA wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Hi Kidrob, i would like to have some information off the frame you build, it looks so nice!! can you contact me in a pm? thanks!
Uh, sure, but in the end I would think all related questions could also be interesting for the rest of the community - either in this or the open mould thread?

JVAA

by JVAA

kidrob wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:00 pm
JVAA wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Uh, sure, but in the end I would think all related questions could also be interesting for the rest of the community - either in this or the open mould thread?
OK, no porblem!

I list my questions:
- Still happy with the frame and how many km's did you ride with the bike already?
- The site Hongfu is not available anymore..?
- TanTancycling is offering the same frame FM008, is this a good company too ?
- Have you purchased it directly from the manufacturer or alibaba or aliexpress?

Thanks!

masaudie

by masaudie

Hi @kidrob. I'm waiting for delivery of very similar frame (FM 088, disc version of FM 008). Some questions:
- What kind of seat clamp issues exactly? Some people also reported there is also some issue with FM 088 seat clamp.
- Did you find any imperfections to the frame that requires action? Something like, cable holes that are too small, etc
- Maybe it's just me, but do you have any worries with the seatclamp area will seep water in the rain? I'm thinking of getting some kind of rubber cover to seal seatpost holes and the bolt.

Thanks!

Audy

kidrob

by kidrob

Ok, sorry for late responses (change of jobs), but here we go:
- Still happy with the frame and how many km's did you ride with the bike already?
- Have you purchased it directly from the manufacturer or alibaba or aliexpress?
- Super happy, would totally do again! Unfortunately not too many km due to work (see above) but hope to ride more soon.
- http://www.hongfu-bikes.com should be available?
- Yeah, TanTan should be on the list of "WW trusted" China sellers ;)
- Directly from Hongfu. When you order from on of these also buy carbon spacer set, 2x extra rear hanger and Integrated Tapped Headset
- What kind of seat clamp issues exactly? Some people also reported there is also some issue with FM 088 seat clamp.
- Did you find any imperfections to the frame that requires action? Something like, cable holes that are too small, etc
- Maybe it's just me, but do you have any worries with the seatclamp area will seep water in the rain? I'm thinking of getting some kind of rubber cover to seal seatpost holes and the bolt.
- its two three-sided pieces (pic on page one on scale) that push towards the seat-post the tighter the screw is. Hard to describe but they are a PITA to install as you cant position these in one piece and therefore have to insert them through the seat-post hole piece by piece and then screw in the screw from top while holding it. The small parts can fall down the frame if you don't take care which will take your last nerve :P Also have to screw super tight (<6nm) or will be slippery. Works though.
- Nope, its all great. There also was tons of extra stuff in case you need to close holes when using Di2 and such.
- Yeah, thats possible, I need to get some plastic cover for the screw some time

JVAA

by JVAA

kidrob wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm
Ok, sorry for late responses (change of jobs), but here we go:
- Super happy, would totally do again! Unfortunately not too many km due to work (see above) but hope to ride more soon.
- http://www.hongfu-bikes.com should be available?
- Yeah, TanTan should be on the list of "WW trusted" China sellers ;)
- Directly from Hongfu. When you order from on of these also buy carbon spacer set, 2x extra rear hanger and Integrated Tapped Headset

Thanks Kidrob for your advice!
I orderd a frame directly from Hongfu, had good communication with Eric..
Today i get the tracking code for my package, hope to get it soon!
How long does it take to get it to Belgium?

i will give an update when i recieved my new frame (FM008, size 56, i am 179cm tall with a inseam height 86cm)

Grtz

JVAA

by JVAA

ooh and Kidrob, good luck at your new work !!

kidrob

by kidrob

JVAA wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:11 am
Thanks Kidrob for your advice!
I orderd a frame directly from Hongfu, had good communication with Eric..
Today i get the tracking code for my package, hope to get it soon!
How long does it take to get it to Belgium?

i will give an update when i recieved my new frame (FM008, size 56, i am 179cm tall with a inseam height 86cm)
Pleasure! I had to wait a couple of weeks until it was produced as they were out of size 58 with BSA BB. Shipping itself was done in no time! 1 week or so. But it was for weeks and weeks in customs and btw cost like 100% the initial cost. Don't send frames to Belgium :(

Looking forward to see yours!

bamboobeast

by bamboobeast

Hi all,

i'm looking to build up a fm-008 as well. I built a bamboo bike last year and i intend to transfer the parts over to a new frame. Keeping the bamboo frame as home decor.

Was looking around aliexpress and seen different pricing on the same frame. My guess is that some are painted and others not. Can anyone who has the frame let me know how much you got it for? Also, is it cheaper if i make contact with the supplier directly? Thanks in advance!

kidrob

by kidrob

bamboobeast wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm
Was looking around aliexpress and seen different pricing on the same frame. My guess is that some are painted and others not. Can anyone who has the frame let me know how much you got it for? Also, is it cheaper if i make contact with the supplier directly? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to WW!
Well, for me the question and provider selection was about trust; and I trust Hongfu or other direct sellers more than some Aliexpress random shop. Even if it means a few bucks more.
My advice is to simply write some mails and ask some providers for a quote, they usually respond immediately. Ask them also for carbon spacer set, 2 extra hangers and a headset. Ideally also bottle cages...
Oh, and don't forget to post a build log with your experience with it on WW ;)

bamboobeast

by bamboobeast

Many thanks kidrob for the advice! I hope to share my experience with a build soon.

kidrob

by kidrob

After spending all this time trying to figure out why the BB is creaking and even re-mounting it twice and blaming the frame, it turned out it was the rear skewer all the time.
Also, lubed up the the seat-post properly, no more slipping or anything.

With this and after 2 years of riding it, absolutely no complains!

Went with golden KCNC Z6 KQR Skewers, 64g (pair) heavy, but have steel axles which is important to me.
IMG_20190804_153406315.jpg
IMG_20190804_161812104.jpg

kidrob

by kidrob

Was quite painful to install but used the current sale and upgraded to Ceramic Jockey Wheels (https://bikerumor.com/2018/09/14/jrc-pu ... no-colors/) and Schwarzwald (black forest, Germany) Carbon Top Cap as this is the region I was born at.

Next I plan a golden KMC chain and to slam the stem. Should be under 7kg with this.
IMG_20191004_183106436.jpg
IMG_20191004_182946787.jpg
IMG_20191004_182918390.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com