FM-008 size 58, BC Flechtwerk - finished, pics page 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kidrob

by kidrob

Finally received the tool and was able to mount the BB properly. Also got the headset done, looks pretty clean now and works well.

After some first excitement and the idea to finish the project and ride her the first time this weekend, one of the three bolts of the stem broke :unbelievable: :doh: The front part is stuck, so simply replacing it wont work. No way I ride her like this.

Huge props by the way to bike-components.de who deliver all my stuff within 2 days to Belgium and I had a great call with regarding the stem: I got a shipping label and can send the stem back for free, they will review it, send me a replacement immediately, and then get in touch with Ritchey about the product.

Nevertheless, I want to finish the rest of the build this weekend while I wait for the stem. The latest pic of it before I take the stem off:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sib

by sib

Looking good..!
Do you have a link to those bottle cages?

kidrob

by kidrob

sib wrote:Looking good..!
Do you have a link to those bottle cages?

These are Chinese copies of the Lightweight "Edelhelfer", quite satisfied with them I must say...

mathab

by mathab

hove you finished your build? last weekend I finished mine ( not as nice as yours but it ain't bad either) and I must say it's an amazing frame (size 50cm) It's my fist carbon frame so I have no way to compare it with something similar, but against my aluminum defy it's more stiff, and surprisingly more comfortable.

kidrob

by kidrob

Super nice, gratz!

I am still in the office but sitting next to the replacement stem which just arrived via post ;)

Will work on it later today and hopefully finish it this weekend :)

kidrob

by kidrob

Well, who would have ever though? :roll: ...but it's done! :mrgreen:

Things got delayed again as when I was about to install the KMC chain, my tool broke, and thus the chain was damaged. I finished the build with a standard Ultegra chain. Its a bit heavier and doesnt look that nice but has to do it for now.

ImageIMG_20171011_205728_945 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr

I will test ride it as soon as work and the weather allows to. Also will try to lend a non potato quality camera for decent pics and something to weight it with.

sib

by sib

Very nice - like the contrast provided by the tires very much!
And that seems to be a much more elegant way to route the RD cable than on the R01.

kidrob

by kidrob

Attermann

by Attermann

how do you like the wheels?

kidrob

by kidrob

So yeah, this weekend I was finally able to ride her the first time:

My old (and now winter bike) is a Canyon Ultimate AL (aluminium), therefore it is very hard to compare and give a qualified opinion, but I was over all super impressed. I must admit I was a little bit stressed and scared as its such a crazy difference to my old bike.

The frame is insanely stiff but very comfortable. She is very agile and demands speed which might also be due to the wheels. I really need to get used to the lightweight and the new geometry (it's Supersix geo). The frame was perfect to build, well prepared with liners and it had all kinds of plastic parts like inserts, cable guides and such, and the headset turned out very decent, too. The saddle mount was a pita to install but seems to work very well.

The wheels itself are great so far, I run them with Black Prince (Dura Ace brakes). The break performance was great in the dry, need to test them in the wet at some point. They are insanely loud and the German forums says they become even louder as soon as the bearings are driven into :roll: Following the German forums they ship some kind of new version of the wheels from now on that has a simple hole in the wheels. Apparently they had issues with water in the wheels which didnt want to leave them. I need to monitor that and send them in for replacement in case that turns out to be an issue. But so far overall great value for the money.

Next up I need a new Garmin mount as the bolt for my 3€ 3D printed Ebay crap broke after 50 meters :roll: and cut the seat post. Also buying a scale to weight its final weight should be a good idea :lol: I also want to remove the stickers on the stem and need black tape for the end of the bartape.

Will try to update both on the frame and wheels as soon as I have some decent kilometers into it.
Last edited by kidrob on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kidrob

by kidrob

Finally was able to get my hands on some non potato camera :wink:
ImageDSC04886 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04888 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04889 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04890 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04891 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04892 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04893 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04894 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04895 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04896 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04897 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04898 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr
ImageDSC04899 by Rob H-Man, auf Flickr

ddsg

by ddsg

Do let us know how the brake in the wet. These are on the list as my next wheel set if they perform well in the rain.

KOMwannabe

by KOMwannabe

Hi kidrob

Super nice bike.

I'm also looking at the FM-0008 frame from Hongfu.

Do you know the total weight of your bike?

Reagrds

kidrob

by kidrob

KOMwannabe wrote:Do you know the total weight of your bike?

Unfortunately I still don't own a proper scale but some half decent test on my person/bathroom scale gave a weight of 7kg as pictured. The Ultegra Di2 is very heavy but generally for that frame size not too shabby I think.

As soon as I cut the seatpost she will be well under 7kgs and I am considering a different saddle as the Specialized Toupé Expert Gel is not a lightweight with 250g.

ddsg wrote:Do let us know how the brake in the wet. These are on the list as my next wheel set if they perform well in the rain.

There is some news and test here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=144567&p=1359453#p1359453

deano87

by deano87

Damn, this is very nice!
only thing I dont like is the cable wires, but everything else is mint!
The Journey is more important than the Destination!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com