FM-008 size 58, BC Flechtwerk - finished, pics page 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I gave up on my "fletchwerk" wheels after 3 months - zero wet weather braking and three snapped spokes - but its honestly nice to find someone who has had two years trouble free riding with them as they lok great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kidrob

by kidrob

4 years and still happy. Thought ima share some impressions and update.

What changed since then:
- Grand Prix 5000
- 4iiii left side power meter
- new chain
- new Dura Ace bb
- Hylix Carbon Seatpost
- (serviced cockpit)

Sitting at just under 7kg now

MattBeOne

by MattBeOne

Quick question: Which BB type did you pick (BSA/PF30/BB86)? And would you recommend this type?

I had two fm066-SL frames fail with a BSA bracket due to the shell disbonding... I can get a new one again against reduced price (probably the FM-008).

kidrob

by kidrob

MattBeOne wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:17 pm
Quick question: Which BB type did you pick (BSA/PF30/BB86)? And would you recommend this type?

I had two fm066-SL frames fail with a BSA bracket due to the shell disbonding... I can get a new one again against reduced price (probably the FM-008).
Wow, how unfortunate :? Where did you source these frames? Mine is BSA and no problem really.

NovellaNovelli

by NovellaNovelli

Hey Kidrob, great build.

I'm looking into getting one of these to use an old sram force groupset i have lying around (seems like rim brake frame options are very limited these days). My main concern is the tyre clearance (i note the nominal limit for 25mm tyres).

What has your experience been with tyre clearance?

Specifically:
1. Have you had problems with taking wheels in and out of the frame - i think somebody else on WW commented they had to deflate their 25mm tyre each time
2. Do you think you would run into issues with a wheel with wider rim depth and thus wider tyre inflation? I guess what I'm asking is, where is the clearance the tightest (i.e. in between the chain stays/fork at the tyre or laterally at the rim?)

Thanks!

kidrob

by kidrob

NovellaNovelli wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:07 am
Specifically:
1. Have you had problems with taking wheels in and out of the frame - i think somebody else on WW commented they had to deflate their 25mm tyre each time
2. Do you think you would run into issues with a wheel with wider rim depth and thus wider tyre inflation? I guess what I'm asking is, where is the clearance the tightest (i.e. in between the chain stays/fork at the tyre or laterally at the rim?)
My wheels are 26mm wide, and I run 25mm Grand Prix 5000. With this being said, it is indeed insanely tight and I really dont think I could go any wider. The problem are the rear chainstays. No problem to take in or out.

charirider

by charirider

Really, isn't it easier to buy scratched a 1st gen ss evo 2012 frame strip it raw and 303 coat; lighter and cheaper, and no bb disbounding and sketchy chineese stuff, lmao
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg