2018 BMC TeamMachine slr02 TWO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

bilwit wrote:How's the stem treating you guys? I noticed it's different than the electronic one, not sure if it affects the weight though. Mine came in at a hefty 163.7g.. not sure if I'm going to stick with it though.

Also, about the frameset-only thing, when I picked my SLR01 up they included the 3T Ergonova and Antares (kium) for free lol.. didn't seem like they actually knew anything in that shop. I won't be using either of those though but maybe I'll give them to someone.

The stem felt a little long for me at first before I got properly fitted, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. The slightly negative angle has meant I need to use spacers with it, but that's also probably a personal thing :)

sooni

by sooni

genebdr wrote:i was lucky enough to have my dealer buy the groupset back from me
bilwit wrote:
sooni wrote:
genebdr wrote:i am buying this frameset very shortly !

Where can you get the frameset? I've only seen the complete bike offered for the slr02.

Gotta haggle your local BMC dealer to see if they'll just sell you the frameset. Worked for me for the white SLR01. First shop wouldn't do it but second one was more than happy to do it (and also provide & install a free CeramicSpeed BB).

Im good with the groupset, since I planned on upgrading to R8000 regardless, although I could do without the seat, wheels and handlebars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

Can anyone take a pic of the head tube piece that holds the shift cable? Possibly detached by itself? My clueless LBS/BMC dealer is having a tough time sourcing it..

muffinman

by muffinman

bilwit wrote:Can anyone take a pic of the head tube piece that holds the shift cable? Possibly detached by itself? My clueless LBS/BMC dealer is having a tough time sourcing it..

The shift cable enters in the downtube, the brake cable enters in the head tube and there isn't a separate piece to hold it in. It just a ferrule on the end of the housing and there's a significant amount of movement so that when the bars turn to their extremes, the cable doesn't get pinched.

This particular bike is back in the shop right now and we're replacing all the cables because the stock jagwire housing was creaking.

BTW I assembled this bike for you OP, sorry that issue came up

bilwit

by bilwit

muffinman wrote:
bilwit wrote:Can anyone take a pic of the head tube piece that holds the shift cable? Possibly detached by itself? My clueless LBS/BMC dealer is having a tough time sourcing it..

The shift cable enters in the downtube, the brake cable enters in the head tube and there isn't a separate piece to hold it in. It just a ferrule on the end of the housing and there's a significant amount of movement so that when the bars turn to their extremes, the cable doesn't get pinched.

This particular bike is back in the shop right now and we're replacing all the cables because the stock jagwire housing was creaking.

wait wut. This certainly looks more than just a ferrule?

muffinman

by muffinman

bilwit wrote:
muffinman wrote:

Nope, built into the frame

Mtek

by Mtek

I have a feeling we work with the same lbs at times. My cx01 was purchased "frame only" and in the box I was missing two small clips (I may have threw them out accidentally with the styrofoam protective shipping material). I searched online and then called a couple BMC shops in the pnw, but didt get any help. Ended up purchasing from RA cycles and they mailed them.

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

muffinman wrote:

FWIW mine had creaking issues as well. The shop was initially going to replace the jagwire cables (i think the shifting ones), but after further investigation, greasing the crap out of the brake cable seems to have resolved the issue.

muffinman

by muffinman

benjaminm3 wrote:
muffinman wrote:

FWIW mine had creaking issues as well. The shop was initially going to replace the jagwire cables (i think the shifting ones), but after further investigation, greasing the crap out of the brake cable seems to have resolved the issue.

OH right I remember talking to nick about that

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

muffinman wrote:
benjaminm3 wrote:
muffinman wrote:

OH right I remember talking to nick about that

Small world :) Did i capture the fix correctly?

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

muffinman wrote:
bilwit wrote:
muffinman wrote:

Nope, built into the frame

If you look carefully there are 4 cables coming from the bars. Two of the cables run into the down tube, one runs directly to the front brake, and the other runs into the head tube (and exits near the seatpost for the rear brake). In the image referenced, it looks like two of the cables run really closely together, such that they only look like one. So what is actually one cable running into the headtube looks something like a device meant to hold the shifter cables away from the frame.

bilwit

by bilwit

I take it the huge headset dust cap isn't supposed to rotate with the stem? I have an Extralite Ultrastar in there and don't want to expand it too much above the torque spec..

benjaminm3 wrote:If you look carefully there are 4 cables coming from the bars. Two of the cables run into the down tube, one runs directly to the front brake, and the other runs into the head tube (and exits near the seatpost for the rear brake). In the image referenced, it looks like two of the cables run really closely together, such that they only look like one. So what is actually one cable running into the headtube looks something like a device meant to hold the shifter cables away from the frame.

Thanks for that

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

bilwit wrote:I take it the huge headset dust cap isn't supposed to rotate with the stem? I have an Extralite Ultrastar in there and don't want to expand it too much above the torque spec..

benjaminm3 wrote:If you look carefully there are 4 cables coming from the bars. Two of the cables run into the down tube, one runs directly to the front brake, and the other runs into the head tube (and exits near the seatpost for the rear brake). In the image referenced, it looks like two of the cables run really closely together, such that they only look like one. So what is actually one cable running into the headtube looks something like a device meant to hold the shifter cables away from the frame.

Thanks for that

What confuses things further actually is that there are two holes drilled into the frame - one of them runs the brake cable, and the other is meant for di2 wiring. There's a plug in that hole, and on the photo in question that plug appears near the bottom of that cable - again making it look like it's some sort of fancy wire holder. If I had to guess BMC thought that photo would make the wiring look cleaner.

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

bilwit wrote:I take it the huge headset dust cap isn't supposed to rotate with the stem? I have an Extralite Ultrastar in there and don't want to expand it too much above the torque spec..

Thanks for that

It does move with the stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Velotantrix

by Velotantrix

benjaminm3 wrote:Hi everyone! I started cycling about six months ago, and just got my first "serious" bike. It's the 105 group set, and I plan on upgrading to the ultegra 8050 and getting some nicer wheels :)

https://goo.gl/photos/5yptBm8WnGA28R4Y7

Hi, Man ! Congratulations ! :) I am willing to buy exactly the same model. And this is the first real picture what I have seen. Could You please put in some more pictures of this nice bike ? And what is offset of the seat post ? In the bike specification it is 15 mm, but in Your picture it looks like more.