Giant TCR Pro build..now with finished pictures.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

genebdr

by genebdr

refreshing to see the 5 spoke crankset! The newer style cranks have not yet grown on me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alpinestar

by alpinestar

So yesterday I did a longer ride on it including a 11,5km segment that's a test segment for me. New pr! The bike felt really really nice! In the end I did hear a bit of creaking, so have to chase that. Also sounds like the cables a hitting the inside of the frame in places. So have see if I can locate that and do something.. but it suure is fast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by alpinestar on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Looks great! Stem seems long, do you mind sharing your H and inseam? I'm 185/88 and about to order an L size with 100mm stem. Compared to my endurance L size/110stem (slammed), I'll be 2cm lower and 2cm more reach. Thanks

n3bur

by n3bur

Great job alpinestar, it looks fantastic and fast!
What bottle cages are those?

michel2

by michel2

looks fantastic, i never had an tar but love to get my hands on a sun web bike one day, how ever i am a little surprised by the weight i thought the would come in under a kilo ?

alpinestar

by alpinestar

Alexandrumarian wrote:Looks great! Stem seems long, do you mind sharing your H and inseam? I'm 185/88 and about to order an L size with 100mm stem. Compared to my endurance L size/110stem (slammed), I'll be 2cm lower and 2cm more reach. Thanks

I am 187cm high with a 86 inseam. The stem is 130 and came with the frame, I would probably have chosen a 120, but thought I would give it a try for a bit to see the fit. For now its ok, but if I find a 120 stem I might try it. With that min mind I think you will find a L too big! But not sure.

What bottle cages are those?

Just some cheap ones from Aliexpress, but they work great! 24 g each.

zirxo

by zirxo

Bike fitting is really interesting.
I'm 180/86 and I'm running a M/L frame with a 120 stem slammed. I tried a 110 stem that came with the bike and that was too short for my liking.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I hope i will be ok on the L. My current endurance geo L has less reach, more stack and i feel cramped, not able to properly stretch when i try to get very low (hammering or descending). Saddle is maxed towards the back but my butt still tried to fall off. I guess a -17 120 stem would fix it but i am itching to get a new frame.

Giant recommends the M/L for 178-183 ppl. You guys seem to take the super race fit way with a small frame and long stem. Tom Dumoulin is 186 on the M/L with a 140 syem. I thought about it too but i can only get the L at an attractive price. 110 stem is out of stock as well, but even with a 100 i'll be lower and more stretched than current bike so i should be happy.

Regarding the creaks, did you glue the bb? I will put campy too and debating between campy cups+loctite or c-bear.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

For me Giant´s frame recomendations are way off! The M/L is 56 cm toptube and more or less suits people around my height. I only put some carbon paste on the BB...probably have to try some locktite. :)

alpinestar

by alpinestar

I have received the Garmin mount from mr Tillquist. Luckily he had a mount that could be used on the giant stem! Looks soooo good! Seems like the creaking came from the qr's. So far so good with a silent bb86! Image
Still have a bit of cable rattle on some patches of asfalt, annoying but not so bad, and really hard to identify where it's coming from! Have done 300 km on it now and really really happy with it!! Acceleration is super fast!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage

jeffy

by jeffy

carbon paste on the BB sounds like a bad idea. IIRC BB86 PF into carbon shell goes in dry.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

Can you elaborate on why it's a bad idea?

damond

by damond

what's the exact model of the tillquist mount? thanks

alpinestar

by alpinestar

I don't know the exact model, I sent him a email with bolt Center-Center measurements and he said he had one that could be used! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji41]

Abl3rider

by Abl3rider

I have the 2017 TCR SL 1 with DuraAce mechanical. Just put the Schwalbe Pro 1 on tubeless. Great bike/ride! No cable/housing rattle or creaks all stock. I have about 2500 miles on it including lot of races.

Only issue is rear wheel non-drive side spoke has broken twice. Which is a ride ender. Rim perfect after replacing spoke but I'm looking into stronger non drive side spokes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com