2018 FUJI SL 1.1 54cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

Ended up going with Shimano R8050 Di2 will post up weights here soon

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

Ok so debating on these EE brakes for my build... I can’t decide if these will go with the scheme open to opinions. The group will be ultegra R8050 and Reynolds Assault carbons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Please get these, it looks perfect! It'll definitely help a lot with your weight target.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

Here’s another pic, just unsure about the silver wishing it was black with red accents. Although the chain stay guard is silver to match Image

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

CrankAddictsRich wrote:you could get the standard black ee brakes and get the red ee badge.

https://www.canecreek.com/product/brake ... cessories/
This is definitely a good idea. Plus I would save $130.00 on the pair. Although I have debated on buying the EE’s due to the braking performance of the Current gen Shimanos. Of course weight wise they don’t compare.

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

ImageImage
Got some pieces from JRC Components to complete the build. Some very nice looking machinery and solid design. Shipping was quick to the US. So far very happy with them.

ImageImageImage

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Drpoomanchu wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:you could get the standard black ee brakes and get the red ee badge.

https://www.canecreek.com/product/brake ... cessories/
This is definitely a good idea. Plus I would save $130.00 on the pair. Although I have debated on buying the EE’s due to the braking performance of the Current gen Shimanos. Of course weight wise they don’t compare.

I have not tried the 9100 brakes yet, but I've been using 9000 brakes for the past 3 seasons on one bike and ee's 1 season now on another. I don't feel like the ee's give up anything in terms of performance. They're less in weight and lighten your wallet. Its hard to argue against 9000's or 9100's though, as well... all stellar brakes.

jrccomponents
in the industry

by jrccomponents

Drpoomanchu wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 am

Got some pieces from JRC Components to complete the build. Some very nice looking machinery and solid design. Shipping was quick to the US. So far very happy with them.
Glad you're happy with the purchase! Thought the donut on the scales with the calories etc listed was ironic :lol:

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

jrccomponents wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:11 pm
Drpoomanchu wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 am

Glad you're happy with the purchase! Thought the donut on the scales with the calories etc listed was ironic :lol:
I know right..! I was pleasantly surprised to see “0” calories. That’s what you call a LIGHT Donut :thumbup:

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

why don't use deda superleggera bar and superleggero stem?

Drpoomanchu

by Drpoomanchu

I wanted to pick your brains on something I have not run into. I went to install my Wheels Mfg. PF30 BB tonight and after prepping and inserting the drive side per instructions there was relatively no resistance and the BB bottomed out by hand. It’s almost like the cup is out of tolerance. I tried the non-drive side of the bottom bracket in the drive cup with the same results so it shouldn’t be the BB causing the issue. Has anyone had this problem ? Is this acceptable? My last bike I built was a PF and the cups went in tight. I know this bottoms bracket pulls together but this just doesn’t seem right.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hmm, doesn't sound quite right.

My Hawk Racing PF30 BB went into my Fuji SL tight but smoothly with some grease.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Doesn't sound right. See if you can get some calipers and measure the frame and the BB you got.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Drpoomanchu wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:25 am
I wanted to pick your brains on something I have not run into. I went to install my Wheels Mfg. PF30 BB tonight and after prepping and inserting the drive side per instructions there was relatively no resistance and the BB bottomed out by hand. It’s almost like the cup is out of tolerance. I tried the non-drive side of the bottom bracket in the drive cup with the same results so it shouldn’t be the BB causing the issue. Has anyone had this problem ? Is this acceptable? My last bike I built was a PF and the cups went in tight. I know this bottoms bracket pulls together but this just doesn’t seem right.

I have the PF30OUT on my Fuji and definitely had to use a BB tool to insert it fully the first time. The 2nd time it was much easier. Have you torqued to to the full 50n/m? I'd do that and roll with it for a bit and see how it reacts. I emailed them back and forth on installation and, if I recall correctly, installation should not be super tight. I'll see if I can dig up those emails.