Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

----
No longer in the industry

erik$

by erik$

Great colour choice, both paint and silver headset. Hubs as well?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

Yes, polished carbon ti :-)
----

erik$

by erik$

I like where this is going :D

bencolem

by bencolem

Looking forward to this, those hubs are super classy (I have them in black and they’re great) and if your winter bike is anything to go on you’ll have the final aesthetic dialed. I vote eTap HRD btw. It’s awesome, so nice to use and so clean (although the DA rotors are kind of nice!).

jever98

by jever98

Thanks! Almost all parts are here and the frame is on its way over. Maybe I'll get to start the build this week.

By my latest calculations I will miss my goal of sub-7 fully built by a couple of hundred grams. My goal is to build as light as possible without sacrificing usability, which - for me - excluded items like tubs, Extralite hubs, carbon chain rings, aluminium cassettes, etc.

Build sheet is below. I'm struggling to find areas to shave much weight off. The only places that come to mind for me are:
- 140mm rear rotor
- Lighter (Ashima) rotors - but am nervous about the braking
- Bolt tuning - but which bolts can I still tune?

Suggestions are welcome!

private image sharing
----

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Looks so awesome! What made you go away from the hidden seat clamp?
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

bura

by bura

Like the polished hubs and waiting how this comes out. Thanks for sharing.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

jever98

by jever98

@kevosinn: couldn't find a satisfactory solution, so went classic. Still keen on the idea for a future build :-).
----

AyBee

by AyBee

Box looks great - how will it attach to the frame? Love carrying my tools in a bottle cage during winter when I only need 1 bottle, but more difficult in summer when I need 2...

jever98

by jever98

Haven't received the frame yet, but I think it's with two additional bottle cage mounts. Will post more pictures when I have everything.
----

jever98

by jever98

First phase of the build today. Things went pretty smoothly. The Schwalbe Pro Ones sealed without any liquid and the hose and fork cutting went smoothly.

The frame is friggin gorgeous! Hat off to Rich: the finish is just superb and he delivered a very very high quality product.

One little snag is that I didn't tell him I would be using Carbonworks bottle cages, which are spaced differently from other ones, so they collide with the carbon box. Need to find a solution there.

Waiting for the Hambini BB to arrive...

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, proper ones to be done.
----

robobiking

by robobiking

jever98 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 am
Thanks! Almost all parts are here and the frame is on its way over. Maybe I'll get to start the build this week.

By my latest calculations I will miss my goal of sub-7 fully built by a couple of hundred grams. My goal is to build as light as possible without sacrificing usability, which - for me - excluded items like tubs, Extralite hubs, carbon chain rings, aluminium cassettes, etc.

Build sheet is below. I'm struggling to find areas to shave much weight off. The only places that come to mind for me are:
- 140mm rear rotor
- Lighter (Ashima) rotors - but am nervous about the braking
- Bolt tuning - but which bolts can I still tune?

Suggestions are welcome!

private image sharing
I can tell you out of experiance about the Ashima rotors, the braking power is great. I have a set of 160mm on my MTB.`
Unbelieveble cool bike btw
https://robobiking.wordpress.com/
Test & Story Blog for all kind of cycling stuff

Cannondale F600 tuned (9kg)

billspreston

by billspreston

Now that is nice. Frame proportions and tubes look just right. Great looking build as well, looking forward to some finished photos.

jever98

by jever98

Thanks for the tip on the Ashima rotors. I think I will finish the build first and then look how far off the 7000g mark I am. Ideas to lighten things include:
- Carbon Ti chain rings (about 50g savings) - look very nice, concerned about the quality
- Ashima ARO10 rotors, 160 front (140rear?) - would be about 70g + removing the adapter at the back
- Ti bowties for Speedplays (about 16g)
- Carbon Ti axles (~15g)

Waiting for the Hambini BB to rear its head before getting to the next phase of the build...
----

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com