2018 Ritchey Road Logic

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Stunning. The soft layback of the seatpost with the soft curve on the fork really sets it off imho [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mtek

by Mtek

Very clean look, I've never considered one for myself until I saw your pic and build/weight. Well done.

toshi

by toshi

Great build! How many mm's is the conical spacer that rests directly atop the head tube?

deanhall3

by deanhall3

toshi wrote:Great build! How many mm's is the conical spacer that rests directly atop the head tube?

It's a 5mm spacer

beepbeep

by beepbeep

Simply beautiful, looks timeless.

I've always been a fan of Ritcheys but never ridden one. How's the ride?
I currently own a 90's Colnago Master and love the feel (fast, gliding, with a sense that it almost pulls me forward) - how does a Ritchey frame compare?

3Pio

by 3Pio

beepbeep wrote:Simply beautiful, looks timeless.

I've always been a fan of Ritcheys but never ridden one. How's the ride?
I currently own a 90's Colnago Master and love the feel (fast, gliding, with a sense that it almost pulls me forward) - how does a Ritchey frame compare?

Im thinking to buy in near future Ritchey Road Logic or Master X-Lite, and also wondering how its the ride? How is for climbing? Or when u push the pedals? Going downhill?

And how u find ur Master in more detailed way? What is ur other ride (for comparation)?

Also as @deanhall3 said the geometry in new 2018 of RoadLogic is a bit changed. Longer reach and longer chainstay.. How this transfer in term of handling/stifness?

I can see that Ritchey in my size (53), have 415mm chainstay length which is 10mm more then X-Lite in 54. So i guess the X-Lite will feel stiffer when u push? And since reach difference for same size is almost 10mm difference (8mm), that mean if i need 110mm stem on X-Lite, i'll need 100mm on Ritchey, i guess. Would that end in less stable front end?

wai2fast

by wai2fast

I'm on a mid 90s Masterlight as well and have been contemplating grabbing a Road Logic. I absolutely love the road feel of my Masterlight, but not too enamored with the extra heft when compared to my other more modern rides. Also curious as to how the Ritchey feels on the road. How well does it soak up bumps and road buzz? How's the ride compared other steel or carbon rides?

beepbeep

by beepbeep

3Pio wrote:And how u find ur Master in more detailed way? What is ur other ride (for comparation)?

I'll keep it short so as to not derail the original topic – I had a Master and a BMC ProMachine set-up almost the same (Ultegra, Carbones, 3T) a couple of years back. The BMC was lighter, stiffer, a better accelerator, and technically faster I imagine, but the Master felt faster. In my experience Masters (on my second now) have a sublime feeling of momentum, smooth and flowing. I'm no Colnago fanboy either, maybe other brands have similar properties, I've not ridden many steel frames. I'm guessing it's mostly down to geometry?

3Pio

by 3Pio

rheosibal wrote:@thizz I'd go for a 51, we have pretty similar dimensions

Im 175 cm, 82.5 cm inseam, and riding Colnago C60 50S frame (which suit me perfect), with 110 mm stem, -7 deg (big headset cap (15mm), and 12mm spacers under the stem). Top of the saddle is 72.7 cm from bottom bracket, with 52mm setback.

Am i right that i need 53 cm size of Ritchey Logic frame?

3Pio

by 3Pio

PLEASE DELETE
Last edited by 3Pio on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

3Pio

by 3Pio

deanhall3 wrote:
Marin wrote:
Roel W wrote:fork and tire clearance (30mm instead of 28mm)

I have the gray frame, and it will already take a 30mm in the rear. They switched to beefier forks with more clearance for 2018, and despite the marketing bla I'm not convinced the frame has changed at all.

BTW, if you're looking for a size 55 (hard to find currently) you can PM me.

This greatly depends on what kind of rims you're running. On my old grey frame, I was running Hed Ardennes+ rims which are pretty wide. The rear would barely clear a 28mm tire, while there was no chance on the front. Of course, the tire would balloon up past an actual 28mm due to the wide rims.

For those of you that are wondering, this frame does have a slightly different geometry. Aside from the beefier fork that allows for more clearance in the front, the rear is also a tad longer. On a 55cm, the wheelbase is 996cm compared to the previous model at 988cm. I found this out the hard way as my chain I took off the grey frame when swapping over the parts ended up being too short for the new blue frame so ended up having to buy a new chain. Another change on this new blue frame is the shape of the inner chain stays. On the inside of the chain stays there are little indentations in the tubing which again is allowing for a wider tire to be run. I'll try and get a of photo of it and post it here shortly.

Regarding the beefier fork - I experienced a bit of shuttering under heaver brake loads on the older gray model's fork. With this newer model with the updated fork, I haven't had this happen once.

Hope this info helps!

Since the geometry is a bit changed from the Gray to the Blue model. How that feel in real riding? Did u feel any difference at all in term of climbing, or sprinting or overall ride?

And how u feel this bike compared to some racing carbon frame? Is it too sluggish ? And i dont plan to go for more then 25mm tires, so based on that gray version will work perfectly for me. But about that shuttering under hard braking? Is it something serious and just based on that to consider Blue Version, or not something to worry about?

Roel W wrote:
Marin wrote:
Roel W wrote:fork and tire clearance (30mm instead of 28mm)

I have the gray frame, and it will already take a 30mm in the rear. They switched to beefier forks with more clearance for 2018, and despite the marketing bla I'm not convinced the frame has changed at all.

BTW, if you're looking for a size 55 (hard to find currently) you can PM me.

Thanks but I need a 57. Tested a 55 and that's just a litle bit too small.
By the way: old model size 59 for 899€ available in Germany: https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... =1000,4,34
Compared to the 1299€ of the new model, it's a good deal.

How u compare the Road Logic u tested, with ur Canyon Carbon frame bike? Can i consider Road Logic for climbing, pushing hard ridings, or will be much more sluggish then carbon bikes?