trek madone 9 updated

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

Just finished this build and what a pig of a build it was to do as well, very very fiddly

Image
Image
Last edited by markyboy on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

User avatar
kgt
Posts: 6916
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

A comparative ride review between this and your C60 is welcomed.
Not excited by the looks btw... :/

by Weenie


Seedster
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 pm

by Seedster

What size is this bike? looks even smaller with the really short stem/bar combo. The bottle cage is an odd choice too.

All that matters is that you like it and you enjoy it.

upside
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:26 am
Location: USA

by upside

I hat e to be negative.. your rear derailleur cable housing is wayyyy long for it to work correctly. Otherwise nice

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

Seedster wrote:What size is this bike? looks even smaller with the really short stem/bar combo. The bottle cage is an odd choice too.

All that matters is that you like it and you enjoy it.

size 52 with 90 stem bar combo,bottle cage is being changed to black as it was one i had spare for the time being.
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

upside wrote:I hat e to be negative.. your rear derailleur cable housing is wayyyy long for it to work correctly. Otherwise nice

yes i know it has now been cut to size,and a black cable has been fitted.
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 6466
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

That's a 9100 rear derailleur, correct? How do you find rear wheel removal on that frame? Also, the cable to the rear derailleur, did you use the alternative cable that comes with the 9100 derailleur... it's completely different than the derailleur cable that comes in the set, designed to be super flexible due to the extremely short run that is required on a lot of frames. Makes pulling back the rear derailleur for rear wheel removal a lot easier as well.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

Calnago wrote:That's a 9100 rear derailleur, correct? How do you find rear wheel removal on that frame? Also, the cable to the rear derailleur, did you use the alternative cable that comes with the 9100 derailleur... it's completely different than the derailleur cable that comes in the set, designed to be super flexible due to the extremely short run that is required on a lot of frames. Makes pulling back the rear derailleur for rear wheel removal a lot easier as well.

I did not get a special cable with the rear derailleur :noidea: ,removing the wheel not to bad but have to pull hard on the derailleur to remove.
I now am looking for the correct cable,thanks again calnago for your great in put :thumbup:
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 6466
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

On my first install of the 9100 stuff I didn't even realize there was a special cable. I was all set to use the one that comes in the cable package. But the cable was actually in the box with the derailleur, maybe underneath the cardboard packing.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

ah ok i will check the box
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

A few changes, bar tape,fizik arione saddle and sram etap
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

bilwit
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 am
Location: Seattle, WA

by bilwit

aero bars, aero bike.. 35mm hoops :(

markyboy
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

bilwit wrote:aero bars, aero bike.. 35mm hoops :(

These wheels were off another bike until i can source some other wheels
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post