Holdsworth competition

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

flying

by flying

Really nice & shows a sane steel frame with a good tubeset can be sold for a fair price!

by Weenie

markyboy

by markyboy

PinaRene wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Changed a few things :

* Handlebar - From 3T LTD to Deda Superzero ( removed red Superzoro Logo ).
* Wheels - From Campagnolo Bora One to Bora Ultra 50.
* Saddle - Berk Lupina now mounted.

How did you remove the superzero logo?i have the silver logo and want to get rid.
Colnago master with campagnolo super record 12
Pinarello f8 with dura ace di2
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike ultegra r8000

acacio

by acacio

Hi PinaRene,
Very nice bike, you have done an excellent job and the post is great. I was glad to see the recent update as well. You must have had this bike for a wee while now, what is your overall opinion - how does it ride, how robust is the paint work, how is the fork /steering feel like?
I am tempted to buy either a frame set or a built up bike, perhaps more the frame set as you can customise it more...
Thanks,
Acacio

PinaRene

by PinaRene

acacio wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:29 pm
Hi PinaRene,
Very nice bike, you have done an excellent job and the post is great. I was glad to see the recent update as well. You must have had this bike for a wee while now, what is your overall opinion - how does it ride, how robust is the paint work, how is the fork /steering feel like?
I am tempted to buy either a frame set or a built up bike, perhaps more the frame set as you can customise it more...
Thanks,
Acacio
Thnx @Acacio : The bike ride is great on this one, did about 5000 km on this baby up to now. Today I did a little 55Km ride with my wife, just cruising @ 26km/h for 2 hours and thats great. When I go to Belgium to ride a part of the Tour de Flandres ( 85 - 130 Km ) I take this bike also for comfort.

I have 2 other bikes so I can compare and test some other wheels to see if that changes the ride. The comfort is good to great, the Scott foil is harder and so is the Cannondale. The Holdsworth paintwork is okay , had one paintchip due to my own fault because of a little spanner key , but other than that it's quit good I guess. Frame and fork came out exactly the same colour. The fork ... hmm is okay - but maybe I will change it to an Enve fork with more hight between caliper and rim, because the brake pads are in the middle of the caliper and the Dugast is just 24mm with enought clearance. I would love to try 27mm Dugast on this bike.

I buy a lot second hand and that's the same on this bike, therefor the costs can stay lowwwww. I live close to Belgium and a lot of Pro Teams - Pro riders live there. All the Campa stuff incl. wheels and SRM are bought almost brand new for a great price. Frame is cheap also - for the A.Dugast I had a contact in Belgium also - who also provided me with some brand new Conti Competition Pro LTD.

welchy

by welchy

This bike looks absolutely beautiful, reminds me of my new one with Campy spec and steel / almost a cross with my old C60!

How do you find the Berk Lupina? Mine should show up today :mrgreen:

acacio

by acacio

Thank you for the honest summary. I will look out for second hand parts in Belgium, I have some friends staying there. I think the Enve fork will make your bike even more awsome. The original HW fork may not be a brand product (?). I am thinking to get the HW frame and a Columbus Futura Caliper fork. I would love to use 700c x28 tires but not sure if the HW frame will allow that?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

acacio wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:12 am
The original HW fork may not be a brand product (?). I am thinking to get the HW frame and a Columbus Futura Caliper fork. I would love to use 700c x28 tires but not sure if the HW frame will allow that?
This is a Columbus fork 😜

dim

by dim

PinaRene wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm
Changed a few things :

* Handlebar - From 3T LTD to Deda Superzero ( removed red Superzoro Logo ).
* Wheels - From Campagnolo Bora One to Bora Ultra 50.
* Saddle - Berk Lupina now mounted.

a stunning bike and I love the grey colour! ....

How do you find the Berk Lupina (strength wise) ? .... I'm keen for one for my Trek Emonda SL but I'm worried about the carbon rails snapping
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

octav

by octav

I just found the topic & your bike. Looks great, it maked me wonder if it's worth to pay the premium of 2000 euros for a Stelbel. It really looks great!